PDA

View Full Version : Big Diamond sport sweep for Bridge City Boys and girls tonight

Old Cardinal
07-21-2009, 10:08 PM
There as a clean sweep for the Section 2 tonight after first winning Region # 32

Bridge City Girls 10 & U won 19-1 after winning all games this year except one..this includes wins over Travel, Select and Gold teams that they played. They will play for the State Championship in Sequin next Saturday.

Bridge City 12 & U Girls won 6-0 over Lumberton. They will play for the state Championship in Sequin also. This team has not lost a game this year even against Travel and Gold teams etc:
They won the state championship as 10 year olds, BUT then most all played travel/select ball last year. They want to try to win the state Championship again this year and then make a serious attempt to win the National Championship for Little League.

12&U BOYS beat Beaumont-Westend in this finals of the big tourney 11-3 and will go to Tyler in the next level on Saturday.
Also, the Junior level won tonight 7-1 in their final Sectional played in Beaumont.

This is amazing data....There are also (under Select team status) 8&U,9&U and 10&U Boys select teams that have been extremely successful in their travel leagues.
This is a town that loves it's diamond sports.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

Also, the Junior level won tonight 7-1 in their final Sectional played in Beaumont.

Bridge City had to beat West End twice to advance, so with this win they play tommorrow. Sinton will play the winner of this section on Saturday Texas East State Tourney in Tyler. Looking forward to a Sinton vs Bridge City matchup if BC can advance.

Old Cardinal
07-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Actually BC had to only beat Westend once....Westend, had they won would have had to beat BC in another game later last night.
BC had also beat them 8-1 in first game and both Westend and BC had smoked the others.

I will not be in attendance but Sinton and BC will quite likely put on a show!

hookandladder
07-22-2009, 11:36 AM
There as a clean sweep for the Section 2 tonight after first winning Region # 32

Bridge City Girls 10 & U won 19-1 after winning all games this year except one..this includes wins over Travel, Select and Gold teams that they played. They will play for the State Championship in Sequin next Saturday.

Bridge City 12 & U Girls won 6-0 over Lumberton. They will play for the state Championship in Sequin also. This team has not lost a game this year even against Travel and Gold teams etc:
They won the state championship as 10 year olds, BUT then most all played travel/select ball last year. They want to try to win the state Championship again this year and then make a serious attempt to win the National Championship for Little League.

12&U BOYS beat Beaumont-Westend in this finals of the big tourney 11-3 and will go to Tyler in the next level on Saturday.

This is amazing data....There are also (under Select team status) 8&U,9&U and 10&U Boys select teams that have been extremely successful in their travel leagues.
This is a town that loves it's diamond sports.

Remember this is little league, I am assuming. The competition around our area is not very good.

Old Cardinal
07-22-2009, 07:35 PM
To Sinton Fan-Austin: I just noticed you were talking about "Juniors" and I was talking about LL ....You may well be right~~~when you have 7 out of 9 District Champs thus far, it's kind of hard to follow as they progress in different locations at these Sectional levels.

BC's program weakens a little at the 13 on up level above LL( JRs & Srs) because all the way from 13 to 18 years of age they are picked up for the really prime Travel teams from the Gulf Coast--both boys and girls.

hookandladder
07-23-2009, 06:26 AM
To Sinton Fan-Austin: I just noticed you were talking about "Juniors" and I was talking about LL ....You may well be right~~~when you have 7 out of 9 District Champs thus far, it's kind of hard to follow as they progress in different locations at these Sectional levels.

BC's program weakens a little at the 13 on up level above LL( JRs & Srs) because all the way from 13 to 18 years of age they are picked up for the really prime Travel teams from the Gulf Coast--both boys and girls.

There are just as many weak Travel Teams (Select) as there is little league teams, if you are not playing on the Major level in Select baseball or softball you are not playing any better competition then you see in Little league.Hey Old Cardinal, if you want to see some pretty good baseball in your area checkout the 17-18 Babe Ruth Southwest Regional Tournament in Nederland next weekend starting Friday. Pretty sure they play at Lamar U. field, our team is Tri-County.

Old Cardinal
07-23-2009, 11:40 AM
I tend to follow a nationally traveling team called the--16U SETX Sundevils.
They are in Jacksonville FL at a national level tourney: Yhis weeks seeding schedule is:

Wed. 9am vs. All American Prospects
Thurs. 11:30am vs. Jacksonville FL Heat 16U
(Boston Red Sox Complex)
Fri. 9am vs. Dulins TN Dodgers
(Twins Complex)
Sat. 11:30am vs. Columbus GA Cobras
(Boston Red Sox Complex)
Sun. schedule will be announced once the team is seeded...

BC provides two All State HS Prospects that will be Sophomores on this national touted team.
1. Matt Menard at Catcher
2. Cameron Dishon a CF and Pitcher

We have a strong team a little younger called the Gladiatiors that play nationally and play down in USSSA across the USA also.
~~~~~~~~~

Babe Ruth serves Nederland very well, they had players from that program that helped the HS Ned. Bulldogs go near the top of 4A this past season.

I like Babe Ruth, it's been a good program for many years. I started Coaching a BC team when I was just 19 year of age; back when we had a Babe Ruth league back then.

Seems like we have a number of youth making these national teams and that weakens the LL Jr. & Sr. depth and also affects the depth of the Babe Ruth programs and other local programs.

Old Cardinal
07-23-2009, 11:47 AM
I tend to follow a nationally traveling team called the--16U SETX Sundevils.
They are in Jacksonville Fl at a national level tourney: Yhis weeks seeding schedule is

Wed. 9am vs. All American Prospects
Thurs. 11:30am vs. Jacksonville FL Heat 16U
(Boston Red Sox Complex)
Fri. 9am vs. Dulins TN Dodgers
(Twins Complex)
Sat. 11:30am vs. Columbus GA Cobras
(Boston Red Sox Complex)
Sun. will be announced once the team is seeded

BC provides two All State HS Prospects that will be Sophomores on this national touted team.
1. Matt Menard at Catcher
2. Cameron Dishon a CF and Pitcher

We have a strong team a little younger called the Gladiatiors that play nationally and play down in USSSA across the USA also.
~~~~~~~~~

Babe Ruth serves Nederland very well, they had players from that program that helped the HS Ned. Bulldogs go near the top of 4A this past season.

I like Babe Ruth, it's been a good program for many years. I started Coaching a BC team when I was just 19 year of age; back when we had a Babe Ruth league back then.

Seems like we have a number of youth making these national teams and that weakens the LL Jr. & Sr. depth and also affects the depth of the Babe Ruth programs and other local programs.

Old Cardinal
07-23-2009, 05:08 PM
SintonFan--Austin....

Again I am not sure if BC Jrs plays Sinton this weekend.

Please post all the scores for Sinton, BC, Westend etc: As the scores come in..

Thank you

Old Cardinal
07-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Wins are falling their way--against stiff competition. Celeb Kellogg of BC pitched a shut out against touted as the best16u team in the nation.

Bridge Citys'(as a Junior) Caleb Kellogg pitched a win against then ranked #1 Spring Hill(SH lost to Carthage the State Champ); and he also tripled sending in the three runs to win that game. He will be a Senior at Bridge City and will join by Matt Hicks another Senior who also has played/pitched at the national level for years: should be a seasoned duo in the Pitching rotation. In my opinion, the only team that will have a equal strength lineup will the Orangefield Bobcats in 4A HS--they are loaded with ace Seniors next year.

Here is the Sundevils roster: 1st- town and then their HS they will be playing at...

Trevin Sonnier 2011 Nederland Nederland HS

Gavin Cecchini 2012 Lake Charles LA Barbe HS

Zane Phillips 2011 Nacogdoches

Lance Phillips 2011 Nacogdoches

Derrian James 2011 Orange Beaumont West Brook HS

Caleb Henry 2011 Silsbee Silsbee HS

Ronaldo Sanchez 2011 Port Arthur Port Arthur Memorial HS

Aaron Morgan 2010 Sour Lake Beaumont West Brook HS ( Don't think he is there is week)

Stryker Trahan 2012 Layfayette LA Acadiana HS

Tyler Beasley 2013 Baytown Barbers Hill HS (entering Freshman)

Price Jacobs 2011 Baytown Goose Creek Memorial

Ryan B
ielitz 2011 Woodlands

Sam Smith 2011 Lake Charles LA Barbe HS

Caleb Kellogg 2010 Bridge City Bridge City HS

Hommy Rosado 2010 Lake Charles LA Barbe HS

Trae Davis 2010 Mexia TX Mexia HS

Cameron Dishon 2012 Bridge City Bridge City HS

Jared West 2012 Shreveport LA Captain HS

Wilson Brantley 2012 Kelly HS Beaumont Kelly HS

Matt Menard 2012 Bridge City Bridge City HS

These youth will all play college ball in years ahead.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Wins are falling their way--against stiff competition. Celeb Kellogg of BC pitched a shut out against touted as the best16u team in the nation.

Bridge Citys'(as a Junior) Caleb Kellogg pitched a win against then ranked #1 Spring Hill(SH lost to Carthage the State Champ); and he also tripled sending in the three runs to win that game. He will be a Senior at Bridge City and will join by Matt Hicks another Senior who also has played/pitched at the national level for years: should be a seasoned duo in the Pitching rotation. In my opinion, the only team that will have a equal strength lineup will the Orangefield Bobcats in 4A HS--they are loaded with ace Seniors next year.

Here is the Sundevils roster: 1st- town and then their HS they will be playing at...

Trevin Sonnier 2011 Nederland Nederland HS

Gavin Cecchini 2012 Lake Charles LA Barbe HS

Zane Phillips 2011 Nacogdoches

Lance Phillips 2011 Nacogdoches

Derrian James 2011 Orange Beaumont West Brook HS

Caleb Henry 2011 Silsbee Silsbee HS

Ronaldo Sanchez 2011 Port Arthur Port Arthur Memorial HS

Aaron Morgan 2010 Sour Lake Beaumont West Brook HS ( Don't think he is there is week)

Stryker Trahan 2012 Layfayette LA Acadiana HS

Tyler Beasley 2013 Baytown Barbers Hill HS (entering Freshman)

Price Jacobs 2011 Baytown Goose Creek Memorial

Ryan B
ielitz 2011 Woodlands

Sam Smith 2011 Lake Charles LA Barbe HS

Caleb Kellogg 2010 Bridge City Bridge City HS

Hommy Rosado 2010 Lake Charles LA Barbe HS

Trae Davis 2010 Mexia TX Mexia HS

Cameron Dishon 2012 Bridge City Bridge City HS

Jared West 2012 Shreveport LA Captain HS

Wilson Brantley 2012 Kelly HS Beaumont Kelly HS

Matt Menard 2012 Bridge City Bridge City HS

These youth will all play college ball in years ahead. thats good for those kids to get the exposure needed to play at the college level.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-24-2009, 12:48 PM
SintonFan--Austin....

Again I am not sure if BC Jrs plays Sinton this weekend.

Please post all the scores for Sinton, BC, Westend etc: As the scores come in..

Thank you yes Sinton will play BC tommorrow. Sinton has some 14 year olds that could push for varsity time next year as freshmen maybe. 13 yr olds on the team are very good hitters. At this stage and level fielding isnt as sharp like it will be once they get to HS. I'll post scores of the games as i wont be able to make it also but can get updates.

pirate4state
07-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
yes Sinton will play BC tommorrow. Sinton has some 14 year olds that could push for varsity time next year as freshmen maybe. 13 yr olds on the team are very good hitters. At this stage and level fielding isnt as sharp like it will be once they get to HS. I'll post scores of the games as i wont be able to make it also but can get updates. From the picture in the paper, at least 3 of those kids had dad's that were on the back-to-back state championship teams of the late 80s.

Good luck boys!!

Old Cardinal
07-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks, I may have a source for scores also. Will share what ever I get on here.

Do you have a source for the girls State Tourney in Sequin? I forgot to get someone to relay scores from those events.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks, I may have a source for scores also. Will share what ever I get on here.

Do you have a source for the girls State Tourney in Sequin? I forgot to get someone to relay scores from those events. Here is the website for all ages for both boys and girls for Texas East Little Leagues (http://www.eteamz.com/txeastll/)

State tournaments begin Saturday for all divisions.