PDA

View Full Version : Top District

grahampaw
07-21-2009, 07:55 PM
If you had your choice of all the best coaches and best players in your district and made a super team,what district would be the best coached and have the strongest team of all the 3a districts?District 2 would be hard to beat with some great coaches ,and can you imagine the passing game.

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 07:58 PM
I know it's 2 different districts... but I'd take Celina's coaches and Gilmer's athletes.

Trashman
07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
That would be easy. District 2 with just three teams, Brownwood, Sweetwater, and Wylie. :D

Pick6
07-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
That would be easy. District 2 with just three teams, Brownwood, Sweetwater, and Wylie. :D

Sweetwater? Oh, you need some players on the bench :devil:

Looking4number8
07-21-2009, 09:50 PM
You know, that brings up another question. If the All District teams were to play a playoffs, which district coach would coach it and what district would win state.

I say District 2 with Wylies coach.... until Shipley proves how great he can make the Lions!

bigwood33
07-21-2009, 10:04 PM
No doubt it would be District 9 and Butch Ford would be the coach. He has been an assistant or head coach for 9 State Championships at Pilot Point and Celina with 2 losses in Championship games. That is an incredible record! of course back in the day, Coach Wood won 10 State Championships and lost 1.

grahampaw
07-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Gilmer could beat most all district teams

bigwood33
07-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Gilmer could beat most all district teams
Gilmer is loaded with talent and has an outstanding program but Celina is the most consistent team in Texas HS football. All you have to do is look at their all time record. WOS87 has been so kind as to provide that kind of information and it is available here on the DL. I am not from Celina or a fan but their greatness cannot be disputed. BTW, didn't district 9 have the Div 1 Champs and the Div 2 runner up last year:thinking:

Farmersfan
07-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
Gilmer is loaded with talent and has an outstanding program but Celina is the most consistent team in Texas HS football. All you have to do is look at their all time record. WOS87 has been so kind as to provide that kind of information and it is available here on the DL. I am not from Celina or a fan but their greatness cannot be disputed. BTW, didn't district 9 have the Div 1 Champs and the Div 2 runner up last year:thinking:

Seems pretty logical to me!!!!!!!

Eagle1
07-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33

If Celina were stuck in East Texas their record might not be as great. Look how they have done against teams like Daingerfield, Gilmer, and Carthage in the past. If they would have met Atlanta in 03, Gilmer in 04, Tatum in 05, Liberty Eylau in 07, Gilmer in 08, or Carthage or Gilmer in 09 they would have been out of the playoffs. I think Daingerfield and Gilmer put them out in 02 and 03.

jason
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM
That would be easy. District 2 with just three teams, Brownwood, Sweetwater, and Wylie. :D at least brownwood would have a chance at making the playoffs...

waterboy
07-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by jason
at least brownwood would have a chance at making the playoffs...
:D Jason made me laugh.....:clap:

95mustang
07-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:D Jason made me laugh.....:clap:

He is so clever> :rolleyes:

Ex-Tiger2005
07-22-2009, 11:31 AM

omg be serious!

coachkiss
07-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Eagle1
If Celina were stuck in East Texas their record might not be as great. Look how they have done against teams like Daingerfield, Gilmer, and Carthage in the past. If they would have met Atlanta in 03, Gilmer in 04, Tatum in 05, Liberty Eylau in 07, Gilmer in 08, or Carthage or Gilmer in 09 they would have been out of the playoffs. I think Daingerfield and Gilmer put them out in 02 and 03.

Think if we would have met Pittsburg in '07, Texarkana Pleasant Grove in '08, Canton in '07, Brownsboro in '07. Think what might have happened.

Eagle1
07-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I meant to say LE in 06, Gilmer in 07 and Carthage and Gilmer in 08. If they were over in East Texas they would have had to play these teams before they made it out of the region. My questions is would they have made it out of the region playing those guys each year? Those teams you mentioned above were not exactly East Texas powers. The UIL did them a big favor by putting Gilmer and Carthage in Region 3 and Daingerfield in 2A. I don't mean to knock Celina they are a great program, but a schools location has alot to do with their success.

Pick6
07-22-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't mean to knock Celina they are a great program, but a schools location has alot to do with their success.

I dislike Celina just as much as the next person, but give them their props, you don't win like they have won just because of your location. They've beaten top teams from every region just about every year.

TexasHSFB
07-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
I dislike Celina just as much as the next person, but give them their props, you don't win like they have won just because of your location. They've beaten top teams from every region just about every year. ^^^^ What he said.

waterboy
07-22-2009, 01:14 PM
I agree. No point in taking away from what Celina has done. They have consistently gotten to the "big dance', and that says a lot more than "what ifs". I can agree with you, however, that the road would've been much tougher if they would've faced those teams earlier in the playoffs, but we'll never really know.

BILLYFRED0000
07-22-2009, 01:31 PM
ya know, I think every state title we won we beat an east texas team except for China Springs......:D

waterboy
07-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
ya know, I think every state title we won we beat an east texas team except for China Springs......:D
Yeah, but by the same token, have y'all ever beat Gilmer, Carthage, or Daingerfield?:D Y'all earned those state titles, don't get me wrong, but have y'all beaten any of these 3 powerhouse teams in the process? Did you know that Gilmer lost to the eventual state champion in '03 (Atlanta), '06 (Liberty-Eylau), '07 (Liberty Hill), and '08 (Carthage)? The only year a loss in the playoffs wasn't to a state champion was in '05 (Canton). Gilmer won it all in '04.

Farmersfan
07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
I meant to say LE in 06, Gilmer in 07 and Carthage and Gilmer in 08. If they were over in East Texas they would have had to play these teams before they made it out of the region. My questions is would they have made it out of the region playing those guys each year? Those teams you mentioned above were not exactly East Texas powers. The UIL did them a big favor by putting Gilmer and Carthage in Region 3 and Daingerfield in 2A. I don't mean to knock Celina they are a great program, but a schools location has alot to do with their success.

If what you say is true then wouldn't these "East Texas Powerhouses" beat Celina in the finals? Seems to me Celina wins those championship games more often than not.................

waterboy
07-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
If what you say is true then wouldn't these "East Texas Powerhouses" beat Celina in the finals? Seems to me Celina wins those championship games more often than not.................
Actually, no. Celina is 0-3 against these teams in the playoffs, and the only one they met in the finals was Carthage last year, losing 37-49. Carthage beat Gilmer 31-28 in the Regional Finals. Celina lost to Daingerfield in the area round in '02, 22-21 (I believe), and lost in the area round to Gilmer in '03, 45-22. It doesn't matter, I'm not taking away from Celina's accomplishments. They did EARN those state championships. We can always speculate about what might have happened had the road been a little different for them, though, but you don't get to pick and choose who you play. That's the point.:nerd: