PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 07:39 PM
went totally ape nuts on this program I just saw. I think it was a tape of his radio show.

It was pure gold.

He's a pretty smart guy though.

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:03 PM
That's so Last Week.

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
That's so Last Week. OK...

Trashman
07-21-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm a conservative, but Beck drives me crazy. :rolleyes:

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I'm a conservative, but Beck drives me crazy. :rolleyes:
He's not as bad as Hannity.:D :D

Pick6
07-21-2009, 08:20 PM

But much better than Colmes :D

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 08:20 PM
He's not as bad as Hannity.:D :D I agree. Hannity annoys the crap outta me.... especially that little football toss.

I like GB alot more.

I especially like that woman Kelly. I don't know her last name but boy she's mighty fine.

Pick6
07-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB

I especially like that woman Kelly. I don't know her last name but boy she's mighty fine.

Last name is Simmons :D

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Last name is Simmons :D Kelly Simmons. :inlove: :inlove:

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:25 PM
The ladies on Fox are much better looking than the ladies on CNN. :D

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
The ladies on Fox are much better looking than the ladies on CNN. :D Touche

Pick6
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
The ladies on Fox are much better looking than the ladies on CNN. :D

Heck, overall Republicans have better looking women.

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Heck, overall Republicans have better looking women.

I don't know, that Nancy Pelosi is one hot momma.:eek:

Trashman
07-21-2009, 08:32 PM

of all the talking heads I prefer Bill O'riley, Hannity and then Rush, in that order.:D

sinfan75
07-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't know, that Nancy Pelosi is one hot momma.:eek: She's all plastic.:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 08:34 PM
of all the talking heads I prefer Bill O'riley, Hannity and then Rush, in that order.:D O'Reilly, GB, Jon Stewart:D

sinfan75
07-21-2009, 08:35 PM
went totally ape nuts on this program I just saw. I think it was a tape of his radio show.

It was pure gold.

He's a pretty smart guy though. He went nuts didn't he.:D

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:39 PM
of all the talking heads I prefer Bill O'riley, Hannity and then Rush, in that order.:D

Bill is my favorite too, but I don't consider him a Conservative Talking Head. He's more of an advocate in my mind. I can't stand Sean Hannity, he's the rights equivalent to Bill Maher who really makes me puke too. I like Rush, and have for years. Read his first book many moons ago. I like to listen to Glenn Beck on the radio, because he's a riot. But my all time favorite political satirist is Dennis Miller.

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Bill is my favorite too, but I don't consider him a Conservative Talking Head. He's more of an advocate in my mind. I can't stand Sean Hannity, he's the rights equivalent to Bill Maher who really makes me puke too. I like Rush, and have for years. Read his first book many moons ago. I like to listen to Glenn Beck on the radio, because he's a riot. But my all time favorite political satirist is Dennis Miller. Well, O'Reilly does have Miller on his program alot. That helps his like-ability because Miller is hilarious.

Pick6
07-21-2009, 08:41 PM
PPHS, do you thing TexasHSFB has figured out who Kelly Simmons is yet?

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:42 PM
PPHS, do you thing TexasHSFB has figured out who Kelly Simmons is yet?

Are you kidding? He's already Googled the images. Printed them in living color. And hung them on his bathroom door.

Pick6
07-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Are you kidding? He's already Googled the images. Printed them in living color. And hung them on his bathroom door.

There's pictures of Ranger Mom on google? Should I turn off the safe search to find them :thinking:

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:46 PM
There's pictures of Ranger Mom on google? Should I turn off the safe search to find them :thinking:

Yes.

JasperDog94
07-21-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't know, that Nancy Pelosi is one hot momma.:eek: I think I just threw up in my mouth.:ack!:

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
PPHS, do you thing TexasHSFB has figured out who Kelly Simmons is yet? ahhh.... so what's that chick's real last name then? Since you wanna play mind games.

TexasHSFB
07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Ah. Damn! Her name is actually Megyn Kelly. She's hott. :clap:

Damn you pick6!

SintonFan
07-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Glens Beck has my respect. He blew the whistle on the current economic situation a long time ago. (Not as long as my friend from Rockport who told me to start buying Gold when it was around 300 bucks an ounce lol)
He is probably the funniest conservative in talk radio. His shtick on Michael Jackson asking about a kid sleeping over years ago forced me to veer off a road because I was laughing so hard.:D The guy has had hard times before personally and is a class act.
I prefer Dennis Prager over all of them now because of one of the things he espouses...
"Clarity over agreement".
We so much need this in today's clouded information age.:nerd:

JasperDog94
07-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Glenn's parody commercials are second to none. I also think he is spot on in most of his commentaries.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Glenn's parody commercials are second to none. I also think he is spot on in most of his commentaries. guy's a moron, him and rush have entire sites and blog worlds dedicated to debunking them and their absurdity. As far as conservatives are concerned I normally go back to William F. Buckley, currently Christopher Hitchens, Joe Scarborough, politically Ron Paul, fiscal conservatives not social. People generally who don't perpetuate the stupidity and concentrate on real issues rather than things like the "birthers", whether or not BHO is muslim, consorted with terrorists, flat earthers etc. Read an op-ed from a Bush appointee, can't remember his name, but it was quite hilarious, something about "what is happening to my party?"

TexasHSFB
07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
guy's a moron, him and rush have entire sites and blog worlds dedicated to debunking them and their absurdity. As far as conservatives are concerned I normally go back to William F. Buckley, currently Christopher Hitchens, Joe Scarborough, politically Ron Paul, fiscal conservatives not social. People generally who don't perpetuate the stupidity and concentrate on real issues rather than things like the "birthers", whether or not BHO is muslim, consorted with terrorists, flat earthers etc. Read an op-ed from a Bush appointee, can't remember his name, but it was quite hilarious, something about "what is happening to my party?" Dude... you're officially crazy.

Have you seen his program? Did you see when he pretty much exposed Goldman Sachs? Just about everything he says is spot on and he has been warning the public of things that will happen and everytime he does.... they really happen.

I think you just have a hard on for the hard core left wingers.

That's just my opinion.

I know, I know.... here comes my lesson in foreign politics... and this .... and that..... and "try reading".....

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 01:28 PM
guy's a moron, him and rush have entire sites and blog worlds dedicated to debunking them and their absurdity. As far as conservatives are concerned I normally go back to William F. Buckley, currently Christopher Hitchens, Joe Scarborough, politically Ron Paul, fiscal conservatives not social. People generally who don't perpetuate the stupidity and concentrate on real issues rather than things like the "birthers", whether or not BHO is muslim, consorted with terrorists, flat earthers etc. Read an op-ed from a Bush appointee, can't remember his name, but it was quite hilarious, something about "what is happening to my party?"
Christopher Hitchens is a conservative?:thinking: Definitely a convenient untruth...

rockdale80
07-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Dude... you're officially crazy.

Have you seen his program? Did you see when he pretty much exposed Goldman Sachs? Just about everything he says is spot on and he has been warning the public of things that will happen and everytime he does.... they really happen.

I think you just have a hard on for the hard core left wingers.

That's just my opinion.

I know, I know.... here comes my lesson in foreign politics... and this .... and that..... and "try reading".....

Simply put, you are ignorant. Every single one of these talking heads puts a spin on things and skews what they say to pander to their party tendencies. GB is not more right that anyone else and he is not moderate or unbiased. Perhaps you should look into things before you speak. There has been discussion on Goldman long before GB ranted about it for an hour. :kiss: :kiss:

Maybe reading would do you some good, and some history in foreign politics may too.. :)

TexasHSFB
07-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Simply put, you are ignorant. Every single one of these talking heads puts a spin on things and skews what they say to pander to their party tendencies. GB is not more right that anyone else and he is not moderate or unbiased. Perhaps you should look into things before you speak. There has been discussion on Goldman long before GB ranted about it for an hour. :kiss: :kiss:

Maybe reading would do you some good, and some history in foreign politics may too.. :) Do you know what I'm referring to when I said Goldman Sachs? I'm sure other people have investigated it, but I don't see anyone else exposing our gov't for the fraud foing on there. He runs informative articles on lots of things. That's just one example.

I'm starting to think that all these nut job left wingers just like to read. I just knew those quotes would come.

For me, I like to watch all different news sources, take in what they have to say and create my own opinions.

I think you are your buddy DD have read way too many left wing articles and you're just spewing the garbage those nuts write up and then telling me to read it. No thanks.

Pmoney
07-22-2009, 01:49 PM

Maybe reading would do you some good, and some history in foreign politics may too.. :)

Dude you're ignorant to think any newscaster is going to tell you the truth...They all skew it CNN does it, Fox News does it, MSNBC does it, THEY ALL DO IT...of course a Republican will enjoy watching a republican biased show over a liberal biased show...so you need to learn that whoever you are listening to on whatever channel is not telling you the full truth

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 01:49 PM

Glenn Beck is more right than most others... :p
What are your thoughts on the current health care bill? What is on the table seems to be at odds with your signature.

rockdale80
07-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Do you know what I'm referring to when I said Goldman Sachs? I'm sure other people have investigated it, but I don't see anyone else exposing our gov't for the fraud foing on there. He runs informative articles on lots of things. That's just one example.

I'm starting to think that all these nut job left wingers just like to read. I just knew those quotes would come.

For me, I like to watch all different news sources, take in what they have to say and create my own opinions.

I think you are your buddy DD have read way too many left wing articles and you're just spewing the garbage those nuts write up and then telling me to read it. No thanks.

How are facts garbage? What you watch is skewed regardless of what side it is from. GB is skewed, Bill Maher is skewed, Alan Colmes is skewed... Get the picture? They are all paid to discuss their opinion, and not fact. I also appreciate that you think something that is 100% truthful is just nut job left wing garbage. Why refute fact unless it gets in the way of your opinion, right?

Also, you discuss government corruption and the relationship to Sachs, but did you know that the former CEO of Sachs is none other than Hank Paulson? Do you know why that is important? Hmm... Do you think that no Democrat ever pointed out that correlation?

Didnt see the entire show because GB is a blowhard that rants and raves and is not very factual in what he is saying, so he may have covered that, but it isnt the first time it has been discussed.

rockdale80
07-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Dude you're ignorant to think any newscaster is going to tell you the truth...They all skew it CNN does it, Fox News does it, MSNBC does it, THEY ALL DO IT...of course a Republican will enjoy watching a republican biased show over a liberal biased show...so you need to learn that whoever you are listening to on whatever channel is not telling you the full truth

Im ignorant? You repeated exactly what I said....

pirate4state
07-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Dude you're ignorant to think any newscaster is going to tell you the truth...They all skew it CNN does it, Fox News does it, MSNBC does it, THEY ALL DO IT...of course a Republican will enjoy watching a republican biased show over a liberal biased show...so you need to learn that whoever you are listening to on whatever channel is not telling you the full truth LOL :doh:

rockdale80
07-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Glenn Beck is more right than most others... :p
What are your thoughts on the current health care bill? What is on the table seems to be at odds with your signature.

Maybe more to the "right" but not even close to more right. He doesnt fact check, admits it, and has on-air hissy fits. He is a "sky is falling" type and that is more annoying than his inaccuracies.

Pmoney
07-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Im ignorant? You repeated exactly what I said....
okay i reread your post and if you meant what I thought you meant by these "talking heads" i thought you were only talking about o'reilly, gb, and rush then you are ignorant...but if you meant "talking heads" as every talk show host on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC etc. then yes we are saying the same thing

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Maybe more to the "right" but not even close to more right. He doesnt fact check, admits it, and has on-air hissy fits. He is a "sky is falling" type and that is more annoying than his inaccuracies.
lol
He's not even close to being "Olbermannian"...
who has to be considered the biggest nutjob/moron on TV.
:nerd:

rockdale80
07-22-2009, 02:01 PM
okay i reread your post and if you meant what I thought you meant by these "talking heads" i thought you were only talking about o'reilly, gb, and rush then you are ignorant...but if you meant "talking heads" as every talk show host on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC etc. then yes we are saying the same thing

We are. They are all skewed. Every single one of them. They get paid to be and they rarely complete a show without a few inaccuracies in their claims...both sides and even the guys that claim to be in the middle.

rockdale80
07-22-2009, 02:03 PM
lol
:nerd:

I think they are both crazy hacks, but GB annoys me with his hissy fits and high pitched shrieks...

Pmoney
07-22-2009, 02:04 PM
We are. They are all skewed. Every single one of them. They get paid to be and they rarely complete a show without a few inaccuracies in their claims...both sides and even the guys that claim to be in the middle.
exactly nobody can be unbiased in politics

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I think they are both crazy hacks, but GB annoys me with his hissy fits and high pitched shrieks...

PPHSfan
07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Facts Shmacts

There's a reason they call it Spin City.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Christopher Hitchens is a conservative?:thinking: Definitely a convenient untruth... Fiscally yes, socially no.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 02:33 PM
lol
:nerd: hahahaha when I see Olberman break down and cry and appeal to the people's scars from 9/11 I'll believe that! That idiot condemned the families of 9/11 victims for being whiners and now he's their patron saint! haha please, the guys an idiot, the right has very few intelligent coherent talking heads and most of them are obscured by the hateful, crazy, mouthpieces of the GOP at Fox (tv) and radio (Rush and Savage).

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Fiscally yes, socially no.
He himself says he isn't. Just because he showed some support for the wars in the middle-east doesn't make him conservative. He still identifies himself as a Marxist.:nerd:

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 02:37 PM
What are your thoughts on the current health care bill? What is on the table seems to be at odds with your signature. I absolutely agree, it's messy work as a result of the partisan atmosphere that is getting worse and worse. He's trying to push this through before we see the interest groups completely kill it. It's funny that their biggest contributions are to Democrats, proving that we really don't operate in a two party system, just two systems to the same outcome, corporate dominance.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 02:40 PM
He himself says he isn't. Just because he showed some support for the wars in the middle-east doesn't make him conservative. He still identifies himself as a Marxist.:nerd: He can call himself what he wants, Bush called himself a conservative but his actions pointed otherwise did they not. He may not paint himself with a brush, but some of his points and punditry ally themselves with Neo-conservative thought and libertarianism. I've seen his interviews and he absolutely dismantled U.S. governmental intrusion.

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
hahahaha when I see Olberman break down and cry and appeal to the people's scars from 9/11 I'll believe that! That idiot condemned the families of 9/11 victims for being whiners and now he's their patron saint! haha please, the guys an idiot, the right has very few intelligent coherent talking heads and most of them are obscured by the hateful, crazy, mouthpieces of the GOP at Fox (tv) and radio (Rush and Savage).
So are you saying Olberman is an intelligent coherent talking head who isn't a hateful, crazy mouthpiece?:eek:
I see. Just assassinate Glenn Beck's intelligence by calling him an idiot a couple of times and give Olberman a pass because you happen to agree with much of what he says. You're slipping Boog. :evillol:

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 02:44 PM
He can call himself what he wants, Bush called himself a conservative but his actions pointed otherwise did they not. He may not paint himself with a brush, but some of his points and punditry ally themselves with Neo-conservative thought and libertarianism. I've seen his interviews and he absolutely dismantled U.S. governmental intrusion.
Trying to be clever by turning to the "Bush card"? :D

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 02:45 PM
So are you saying Olberman is an intelligent coherent talking head who isn't a hateful, crazy mouthpiece?:eek:
I see. Just assassinate Glenn Beck's intelligence by calling him an idiot a couple of times and give Olberman a pass because you happen to agree with much of what he says. You're slipping Boog. :evillol:
olberman does less advocating as he does attacking the right wing nuts you find so intelligent.

Wait, I thought you told me you didn't watch Fox? :thinking:

Actually no, I don't watch his show, I subscribe to a media run down thing on Youtube that displays all the crazy rants of the right and left. I don't have time for all that unintelligent drivel of why the other is dumb. No slippin here, I'm keen as they come ;)

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Trying to be clever by turning to the "Bush card"? :D Trying to be dismissive by taking my metaphor and running down a different path with it? ;)

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
I absolutely agree, it's messy work as a result of the partisan atmosphere that is getting worse and worse. He's trying to push this through before we see the interest groups completely kill it. It's funny that their biggest contributions are to Democrats, proving that we really don't operate in a two party system, just two systems to the same outcome, corporate dominance.
It's pretty obvious you want to paint both parties with the same brush to avoid the coming swing to the right in 2010 and 2012.
I say he's pushing it through now because once word gets out that the government(With OUR MONEY) will pay for abortions-on-demand, medical rationing will be a reality and all non-US citizens will receive "free" healthcare the backlash will be too huge to overcome.:nerd:

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
olberman does less advocating as he does attacking the right wing nuts you find so intelligent.

Wait, I thought you told me you didn't watch Fox? :thinking:

Actually no, I don't watch his show, I subscribe to a media run down thing on Youtube that displays all the crazy rants of the right and left. I don't have time for all that unintelligent drivel of why the other is dumb. No slippin here, I'm keen as they come ;)
Point out one time I said any of them are "intelligent". Try it.:D
You have enough time to call many on the right "right wing nuts" but not enough time for "all that unintelligent drivel of why the other is dumb". How convenient.:crazy1:

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Trying to be dismissive by taking my metaphor and running down a different path with it? ;)
Trying to avoid acknowledging you used the "Bush Card". ;) :p

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 02:56 PM
It's pretty obvious you want to paint both parties with the same brush to avoid the coming swing to the right in 2010 and 2012.
I say he's pushing it through now because once word gets out that the government will pay for abortions-on-demand, medical rationing will be a reality and all non-US citizens will receive "free" healthcare the backlash will be too huge to overcome.:nerd:
coming backlash, you know if leadership was actually shown from somewhere other than Palin's absurd speeches I'd agree. I think just like the past you'll see a bit of movement in '10, 2012, it is WAY WAY too early to tell. I realize your "subjective" analysis sounds good to you, but since when did you look at things from an observant analysis and not through GOP elephant glasses haha.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Trying to avoid acknowledging you used the "Bush Card". ;) :p Not at all, because I didn't return blame to him, nor did I discuss any particular policy, just simply that his title politically isn't reflective of his action, talk about slippin, did I really need to explain that? ;) :cool: :p

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
coming backlash, you know if leadership was actually shown from somewhere other than Palin's absurd speeches I'd agree. I think just like the past you'll see a bit of movement in '10, 2012, it is WAY WAY too early to tell. I realize your "subjective" analysis sounds good to you, but since when did you look at things from an observant analysis and not through GOP elephant glasses haha.
What does Palin have to do with anything? I doubt you are as objective as you seem to imply. For goodness sake, you couldn't even bring yourself to criticize Olberman.
I realize your "subjective" analysis sounds good to you too. Should it not?:D

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 03:03 PM
What does Palin have to do with anything? I doubt you are as objective as you seem to imply. For goodness sake, you couldn't even bring yourself to criticize Olberman. I guess saying that what he does isn't advocacy but attack dog, and that both (KO and GB) are simply feeding into the drivel that people like you and others regurgitate is not condemning? Besides, you never responded to my question? You told me you didn't watch Fox?

I realize your "subjective" analysis sounds good to you too. Should it not?:D a far cry from your insanity! haha your a sheep to ideology and highlight it in your lack of critique for those you vote for and elect.

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Not at all, because I didn't return blame to him, nor did I discuss any particular policy, just simply that his title politically isn't reflective of his action, talk about slippin, did I really need to explain that? ;) :cool: :p
Sorry, but you are the one who posted that Christopher Hitchens was a conservative. Not "partly" a conservative, but a conservative. You were wrong in posting that.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Sorry, but you are the one who posted that Christopher Hitchens was a conservative. Not "partly" a conservative, but a conservative. You were wrong in posting that. depending on how you define that, certainly, but you can understand the confusion as Republican president who increased govt size and spending to astronomical levels may have that effect. Yeah BHO is doing it, but as yall say, what do you expect from a democrat! ;)

JasperDog94
07-22-2009, 03:14 PM
We are. They are all skewed. Every single one of them. They get paid to be and they rarely complete a show without a few inaccuracies in their claims...both sides and even the guys that claim to be in the middle. At least Rush, Hannity, and Beck tell you they are a conservative. The rest of the liberal media puts on this charade of neutrality. Rush doesn't pretend to be somebody he's not, unlike the pundits on NBC, CBS and ABC.

JasperDog94
07-22-2009, 03:15 PM
He's trying to push this through before we see the interest groups completely kill it. Or maybe he's trying to get it pushed through before people can read it...just like the bailout bill.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 03:15 PM
At least Rush, Hannity, and Beck tell you they are a conservative. The rest of the liberal media puts on this charade of neutrality. Rush doesn't pretend to be somebody he's not, unlike the pundits on NBC, CBS and ABC. actually, it is understood NBC is the anti-thesis to Fox, come on now, and Scarbourough and Rattigan if you watch them are pretty damn tough on Obama. But isn't it Fox that says fair and BALANCED? Certainly not on their network but in contradiction to the left, certainly.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Or maybe he's trying to get it pushed through before people can read it...just like the bailout bill. I agree, Dubya (bailout) and Obama (Stimulus) both have done it. IT is the time we live in. Mass media and INSTANT news, we don't operate from coherent thought or pragmatic solutions, but from public opinion and what can be done within that timespan. Sort of like Iraq in the midst of peoples fears from 9/11. Never fail to take advantage of a disaster, Rahm Emmanual said it, Milton Friedman as well

PPHSfan
07-22-2009, 03:21 PM
The Fox Network may not be Fair and Balanced, but O'Reily is.:)

JasperDog94
07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
I agree, Dubya (bailout) and Obama (Stimulus) both have done it. IT is the time we live in. Mass media and INSTANT news, we don't operate from coherent thought or pragmatic solutions, but from public opinion and what can be done within that timespan. Sort of like Iraq in the midst of peoples fears from 9/11. Never fail to take advantage of a disaster, Rahm Emmanual said it, Milton Friedman as well I am afraid you are correct. The thing I can't understand is why the left hated Bush so much. He was nowhere near a conservative. A moderate at best. The only thing I can think of why the left hated him so much was because of the way the 2000 election went down. That's the only thing that makes sense.

PPHSfan
07-22-2009, 03:23 PM
I agree, Dubya (bailout) and Obama (Stimulus) both have done it. IT is the time we live in. Mass media and INSTANT news, we don't operate from coherent thought or pragmatic solutions, but from public opinion and what can be done within that timespan. Sort of like Iraq in the midst of peoples fears from 9/11. Never fail to take advantage of a disaster, Rahm Emmanual said it, Milton Friedman as well

Don't forget Abraham Lincoln.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 03:25 PM
The Fox Network may not be Fair and Balanced, but O'Reily is.:) :thinking: LOL

we are all subject to watching things that promote our stances to the umpteen degree. Call it guilty pleasures or just seeking to hear what we WANT to hear. But it's our ability to conscientiously take fact from fiction. I like watching Bill Maher, but I certainly won't come on here quoting him or using his talking points as I see people use Becks and Limbaughs. He brings comedy that I prefer to our ridiculous excuse for political parties. You hate him but likely like someone that I find FOS (O'Reilly), but I can understand that, he appeals to you sensibilities and who doesn't like them being petted every once in a while? :)

Txbroadcaster
07-22-2009, 03:27 PM
It is not Beck or KO or Rush's fault people take what they say as pure 100% honest gold

They are out to entertain and make money and not in that order..they are the SHOCK JOCKS of political commentary and somewhere along the way people have forgotten they give nothing more than opinions.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I am afraid you are correct. The thing I can't understand is why the left hated Bush so much. He was nowhere near a conservative. A moderate at best. The only thing I can think of why the left hated him so much was because of the way the 2000 election went down. That's the only thing that makes sense. JD believe it or not, I think I'd like Dubya in person, I bet I'd laugh my ass off with him, ESPECIALLY if he was drinking. haha But when people feel they were victims of voter fraud, well, responses can be hostile. In any country, look at Iran. Now I'm not suggesting they rightfully have an argument, but since when has common sense and the masses ever coincided? Stoking emotions is a politicians best friend. In the media age, highlighting our differences is much more attractive than our unified concerns.

Txbroadcaster
07-22-2009, 03:33 PM
JD believe it or not, I think I'd like Dubya in person, I bet I'd laugh my ass off with him, ESPECIALLY if he was drinking. haha But when people feel they were victims of voter fraud, well, responses can be hostile. In any country, look at Iran. Now I'm not suggesting they rightfully have an argument, but since when has common sense and the masses ever coincided? Stoking emotions is a politicians best friend. In the media age, highlighting our differences is much more attractive than our unified concerns.

It is the same thing hurting the right IMO...to many people want to perpetuate the Obama's birth certificate or that he is muslim and such and I think that kind of stuff keeps a party down

I truly believe to many on the left after GWB's first election win were to busy screaming about fraud and the party fell by thw wayside

I think that is happeneing with the right. To many people are worried that Obama evil or hell even some say the anti-christ and they are not as concerned with their own parties problems and why they lost so much control and what to do to regain footing.

PPHSfan
07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
:thinking: LOL

we are all subject to watching things that promote our stances to the umpteen degree. Call it guilty pleasures or just seeking to hear what we WANT to hear. But it's our ability to conscientiously take fact from fiction. I like watching Bill Maher, but I certainly won't come on here quoting him or using his talking points as I see people use Becks and Limbaughs. He brings comedy that I prefer to our ridiculous excuse for political parties. You hate him but likely like someone that I find FOS (O'Reilly), but I can understand that, he appeals to you sensibilities and who doesn't like them being petted every once in a while? :)

He doesn't appeal to my sensibilities, so much as I just like the way he says things. Kind of like the way I enjoy YOUR posts. I don't like Bill Maher because he just comes across as a prick to me. I wouldn't like Bill Maher even if his views were to the right of Atilla the Hun :D

PPHSfan
07-22-2009, 03:38 PM
P.S. I've NEVER come on here spouting any of O'reily's views. And I've been one of the first to say that Hannity pisses me off as much as Maher does.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 03:43 PM
P.S. I've NEVER come on here spouting any of O'reily's views. And I've been one of the first to say that Hannity pisses me off as much as Maher does. oh absolutely, I think you and me could converse all this madness over a beer and never show an ounce of disdain for each other. You may be old fashioned, but you haven't shut off reality for the benefit of ideology, even if you did piss off BBDE! haha You all stay classy, I'm working on two hours of sleep and gonna get a work out in before I go into a coma! :)

TexasHSFB
07-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Just a few things:

I realize your "subjective" analysis sounds good to you, but since when did you look at things from an observant analysis and not through GOP elephant glasses haha.
LOL. And I presume you feel like your opinions are observant? LMAO

I agree, Dubya (bailout) and Obama (Stimulus) both have done it.
LMAO…. The bill passed under Bush is considered “bailout” in your mind, while Obama’s is considered “stimulus.” There’s an objective POV. Your crap is strung so far to the left it’s hard to understand how someone could be that blind. You’re as liberal as the rest of Texas is conservative.

But when people feel they were victims of voter fraud, well, responses can be hostile.
Is that not what’s going on right now with Franken? Half the country thinks he cheated his way into office. I liked how you conveniently left that part out (You reverted back to “hate Bush 101”) and I also like how you defended Franken’s nomination before when it is more absurd than Bush’s election in 2000 was.

carter08
07-22-2009, 06:03 PM

LMAO…. The bill passed under Bush is considered “bailout” in your mind, while Obama’s is considered “stimulus.” There’s an objective POV. Your crap is strung so far to the left it’s hard to understand how someone could be that blind. You’re as liberal as the rest of Texas is conservative.

both are them are "bailouts". the banking and mortgage industries were in trouble, and both Repubs and Dems thought the best course of action was to pump money into them.

of course, i really can't wait for the out of control inflation we're getting ready for because of all this money that "appeared" to help them out.

bottom line, someone should have been keeping a better eye on the shoddy dealings of the mortgage industry before it got to the point we need bailouts.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Just a few things:

LOL. And I presume you feel like your opinions are observant? LMAO I've certainly critiqued either, but perhaps you missed that in all the nonsensical threads you start.

It's not in my mind, lol, even people who hate me here called it a bailout lol, it's not that I think it, THATS WHAT IT WAS. I didn't say Obama didn't resort to the same, but apparently you are a little slow today, stimulus and bailout are not one in the same, I'd suggest you figure that out, but you'd likely look to pundits that you find intelligent for the answer! haha My crap is strung so far to the left? haha you wouldn't know how to even begin to argue, deconstruct or contradict anything I've said as is apparent in your lack of understanding nomenclature or the difference between bailouts and stimulus spending.

Is that not what’s going on right now with Franken? Half the country thinks he cheated his way into office. I liked how you conveniently left that part out (You reverted back to “hate Bush 101”) and I also like how you defended Franken’s nomination before when it is more absurd than Bush’s election in 2000 was. Left what out? That Franken cheated? Apparently the court didn't feel so, the Republican governor agreed with the courts and if they had a case, the money would be flowing to take it to the highest court in the land which would be heard being it is controlled by conservatives still. And revert to Bush? I stated I'd like the guy and probably would enjoy a beer with him, are you skimming or reading, don't try that in class, or you'll end up that loud ass kid in class who thinks he knows everything yet sounds like moron cause he only read the introduction and conclusion! lol

icu812
07-22-2009, 06:27 PM
I am afraid you are correct. The thing I can't understand is why the left hated Bush so much. He was nowhere near a conservative. A moderate at best. The only thing I can think of why the left hated him so much was because of the way the 2000 election went down. That's the only thing that makes sense.

I believe they hated him mostly because he is conservative on social issues. He certainly wasn't conservative on many economic issues.

As far as Glen Beck goes I think his show is entertaining but he is such a goober. I also think he takes most of his material from other guys like Hannity, Rush, and Mark Levin. BTW, as far as these guys go Levin comes across as being much more thoughtful than the rest. I watch Bill Maher sometimes because he's so completely misguided he makes me laugh. Anybody ever watch Penn & Teller's BS show on Showtime? I don't always agree, it's crude and some of their topics are nonsense but I enjoy the show.

SintonFan
07-22-2009, 07:30 PM
I guess saying that what he does isn't advocacy but attack dog, and that both (KO and GB) are simply feeding into the drivel that people like you and others regurgitate is not condemning? Besides, you never responded to my question? You told me you didn't watch Fox?

a far cry from your insanity! haha your a sheep to ideology and highlight it in your lack of critique for those you vote for and elect.
You called Glen Beck an idiot on more than one occasion but have tip-toed around Gooberman. Trying to lump GB and KO together IS NOT criticizing the Goob.
You know I don't watch Fox...:nerd:
Tell me, where have I "regurgitated" just one point of view? I haven't have I?
Your Sith Lord mind tricks of resorting to personal attacks have no effect on me.:rolleyes: :D

TexasHSFB
07-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I've certainly critiqued either, but perhaps you missed that in all the nonsensical threads you start.

It's not in my mind, lol, even people who hate me here called it a bailout lol, it's not that I think it, THATS WHAT IT WAS. I didn't say Obama didn't resort to the same, but apparently you are a little slow today, stimulus and bailout are not one in the same, I'd suggest you figure that out, but you'd likely look to pundits that you find intelligent for the answer! haha My crap is strung so far to the left? haha you wouldn't know how to even begin to argue, deconstruct or contradict anything I've said as is apparent in your lack of understanding nomenclature or the difference between bailouts and stimulus spending.

Left what out? That Franken cheated? Apparently the court didn't feel so, the Republican governor agreed with the courts and if they had a case, the money would be flowing to take it to the highest court in the land which would be heard being it is controlled by conservatives still. And revert to Bush? I stated I'd like the guy and probably would enjoy a beer with him, are you skimming or reading, don't try that in class, or you'll end up that loud ass kid in class who thinks he knows everything yet sounds like moron cause he only read the introduction and conclusion! lol I'm not arguing that bailout and Stimulus are the same. I'm wondering why you refer to one as bailout and the other as stimulus when they were both bailouts. Obama's bill hasn't stimulated anything.

Okay, so if technically Franken didn't cheat, then I guess that would be true as well for Bush. He did get appointed, correct or no? I'm just going back to the same point. Why point out one and not the other? Very similar situations and claim that Bush cheated and no mention of Franken. I just find that funny.

DDBooger
07-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm wondering why you refer to one as bailout and the other as stimulus when they were both bailouts. Bush's bailout and it's continuance into this administration under TARP funds is direct funding to private entities. Stimulus was supposed to trickle down from Fed to State to local and create jobs and change the infrastructure. Again, they are not the same

Obama's bill hasn't stimulated anything. well, it certainly stimulated a discussion where you found out the difference ;)

Okay, so if technically Franken didn't cheat, then I guess that would be true as well for Bush. He did get appointed, correct or no? I'm just going back to the same point. Why point out one and not the other? Very similar situations and claim that Bush cheated and no mention of Franken. I just find that funny.
In regards to Bush/voter fraud

...But when people feel they were victims of voter fraud, well, responses can be hostile. In any country, look at Iran. Now I'm not suggesting they rightfully have an argument , but since when has common sense and the masses ever coincided?

rockdale80
07-22-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm not arguing that bailout and Stimulus are the same. I'm wondering why you refer to one as bailout and the other as stimulus when they were both bailouts. Obama's bill hasn't stimulated anything.

I dont think he ever said Bush cheated. He won within the rules set and whether or not they were fair is moot. The courts ruled in favor one way and upheld the laws in place, which is what they are supposed to do and not legislate from the bench. I may not have agreed with the outcome, and the reality is we as a country will never know the actual numbers, but even I dont think he "cheated".

Also, there is an enormous difference in a senate seat and the presidency. ;)

TexasHSFB
07-23-2009, 01:31 AM

Also, there is an enormous difference in a senate seat and the presidency. ;) I realize that but I was just pointing out that they were similar situations.

He referenced the public and their thoughts on the 2000 election. I was saying that this senatorial election with Franken in Minnesota was similar in that the public thought something was fishy about it.

I was just pointing out that he chose to reference one as cheating and a few days ago he was supporting what went on in Minnesota. I found that ironic.

Oh well.

I'm tired of politics.