PDA

View Full Version : Went to San Antonio last week....

PHS Wildcats
07-20-2009, 08:17 PM
I took you guys advice on great places to eat and we had a blast. Longhorn Cafe, Rudy's, Magic Time Machine, Mammacitas, Gringo's and Casa Rio on the Riverwalk.

We had a blast, it was about 10 of us all together and I was the only guy in the group. We did Malibu Grand prix, Fiesta Texas, The Riverwalk and SeaWorld.

I proposed to my girlfriend at Casa Rio Friday night and she said Yes!! About an hour before I proposed to her, I started an argument with her to throw her off and I told her that I didn'r want to talk to her for the rest of the night. She was down and I could tell that she was hurt. Her cousins were trying to figure out what was going on. I couldn't tell them what I was doing and risk them leaking out my plan to her. So after we ordered our food, I stood up and told her that I was going to the restroom. I took one step and did a 180 and got down on one knee. At 1st she didn't know what was going on, because she thought I was trying to tell her something, so she lean her ear to my mouth. I didn't say a word, then she looked down and started crying. I gave her my speech and she said yes. The waiter saw the proposal and went and got the manager and he came over and congratulate us on our engagement and told us that or party's meal was on the house. The bill was close to $300.

Just wanted to share that with the 3a family, since I did receive so great advice. When we get the pictures develop, I'll put 'em up.

Thanks' guys!!!!

LH Panther Mom
07-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Awwww! Congratulations! :)

BreckTxLonghorn
07-20-2009, 08:23 PM
CONGRATS!:clap:

Old Green
07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Congrats PHS Wildcat on your engagement:clap: :clap:

You couldn't have picked a more romantic city to do it.

bwdlionfan
07-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I took you guys advice on great places to eat and we had a blast. Longhorn Cafe, Rudy's, Magic Time Machine, Mammacitas, Gringo's and Casa Rio on the Riverwalk.

We had a blast, it was about 10 of us all together and I was the only guy in the group. We did Malibu Grand prix, Fiesta Texas, The Riverwalk and SeaWorld.

I proposed to my girlfriend at Casa Rio Friday night and she said Yes!! About an hour before I proposed to her, I started an argument with her to throw her off and I told her that I didn'r want to talk to her for the rest of the night. She was down and I could tell that she was hurt. Her cousins were trying to figure out what was going on. I couldn't tell them what I was doing and risk them leaking out my plan to her. So after we ordered our food, I stood up and told her that I was going to the restroom. I took one step and did a 180 and got down on one knee. At 1st she didn't know what was going on, because she thought I was trying to tell her something, so she lean her ear to my mouth. I didn't say a word, then she looked down and started crying. I gave her my speech and she said yes. The waiter saw the proposal and went and got the manager and he came over and congratulate us on our engagement and told us that or party's meal was on the house. The bill was close to $300.

Just wanted to share that with the 3a family, since I did receive so great advice. When we get the pictures develop, I'll put 'em up.

Thanks' guys!!!!

I'm going to be popping the question in the next few months myself... but I've already got the place pretty much picked out. I'm thinking that staging a repeat of the proposal sometime if I go down to San Antonio might not be a bad idea though to get a free meal!!

Congrats!

Emerson1
07-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Did I ever say on here that I was engaged? I know Ranger Mom knew

PurpleFreddy
07-20-2009, 10:11 PM
I did something similar, but I wasn't with a big crowd. I did it at Mary's in Strawn on their 20th anniversary celebration.

Txbroadcaster
07-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
I did something similar, but I wasn't with a big crowd. I did it at Mary's in Strawn on their 20th anniversary celebration.

and ur future wife thought u was proposing to the chicken fried steak

pirate4state
07-21-2009, 09:16 AM

Thanks' guys!!!!

:clap: Congratulations & best wishes! :)

44INAROW
07-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Congrats and way to go Casa Rio for joining in on the celebration ;) Any news on a date yet?

PHS Wildcats
07-21-2009, 08:01 PM
We haven't offically set a date yet, but we decided that it will be sometime in 2011!

I would sent out invites to everyone in the 3A family, but that would make for a strange gathering.:D

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:34 PM
congrats man.

Hey Grant!!!! Are you thinkin what I'm thinkin?

We could so scam some free river vittles.:D

Gsquared
07-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
congrats man.

Hey Grant!!!! Are you thinkin what I'm thinkin?

We could so scam some free river vittles.:D
Dam, I sure am. Will you say yes at dinner if I ask????????

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Dam, I sure am. Will you say yes at dinner if I ask????????

For free margaritas? Heck I'll even go on the honeymoon.:eek:

Gsquared
07-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
For free margaritas? Heck I'll even go on the honeymoon.:eek:
Ok, but protection is a MUST! I dont know where that things been

PPHSfan
07-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Ok, but protection is a MUST! I dont know where that things been

Well, at least I know what a Bong looks like.:D

SintonFan
07-21-2009, 10:35 PM

Thanks' guys!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!:clap: :clap: :)
I'm glad the collective experience here could help.:)
Let us know all about the date and all...:cool:

PHS Wildcats
07-22-2009, 07:54 PM
I will and again Thanks 3a family!:clap: