PDA

View Full Version : Mavs fans

icu812
07-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Any out there? What do think about the Mavs off season so far. Great move picking up the Matrix. He instantly becomes their best defender and allows Josh Howard to play the 2. Pissed about Gortat though! They still need an upgrade at the center position. I'm hoping they deal for Samual Dalembart (sp?) of the 76ers or Kaman. I don't see how they can be serious contenders with Damp at C. Fix that problem and who knows. A line up of Kid, Howard, Marion, Dirk, a decent center & Terry off the bench doesn't suck. Their rookie point guard is looking good so far in the summer league to. I think the Mavs and the Spurs are going to give LA a good run this year in the West (especially if they lose Odom).

CelinaCatFan
07-20-2009, 04:25 PM
The addition of the Matrix will help. However, I agree, they need an upgrade at the 5.

I'm not too excited about adding Dalembert or Kaman. I would like them to add Marcus Camby at the 5 and trade for Joe Johnson at the 2. They have more than enough trade pieces with Howard, Terry, and the expiring contracts of Dampier and Buckner.

I would also look at adding Von Wafer for depth at the 2 using our BAE.

Emerson1
07-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Damp in contract year = 12 and 12 average = championship

icu812
07-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
The addition of the Matrix will help. However, I agree, they need an upgrade at the 5.

I'm not too excited about adding Dalembert or Kaman. I would like them to add Marcus Camby at the 5 and trade for Joe Johnson at the 2. They have more than enough trade pieces with Howard, Terry, and the expiring contracts of Dampier and Buckner.

I would also look at adding Von Wafer for depth at the 2 using our BAE.

Camby would do. Wafer would be a good get as well. I think they will hold Damps huge expiring contract until next season. They got Marion for Stacks contract so with Damps contract next year they should be able to take their pick of FA.

Emerson1
07-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Losing Odom won't make the spurs and mavs able to compete with the Lakers.

They aren't going to get Camby unless it's in free agency next off season. The mavs are not looking to free up salary cap space by trading for an expiring contract.

With Damps contract, they have 16million to go towards a sign and trade with any of the free agents next year. Can be more by adding in one of the expiring 2-3m deals a couple players have.

Emerson1
07-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Mavs sign Drew Gooden.

It is a definite upgrade from bass. He is a career 10+ppg, 8 rpg guy. Signed for only 1 year at 4.5m

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4356529