Morris Starts(WR) -------- 34/778 ---- 22.9 ypr --- 10 TD's
Chris Miller(TE) ----------- 15/202 ---- 13.5 ypr ---- 3 TD's
Derrick Sasser(WR) ------- 13/211 ---- 16.2 ypr ---- 1 TD
JaMario Thomas(RB) ------ 11/187 ---- 17.0 ypr ---- 1 TD
others ------------------- 19/265 ---- 13.9 ypr ---- 2 TD's

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: fatcat255 ]</small>

GWOOD
10-30-2003, 12:37 PM
Wow! Potent offense with lots of weapons. What kind of backs are the Thomas brothers--speedsters, bruisers?

CatsDen
10-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Nice work fatcat! I've been seeing Chris Miller's name quite a bit this season. He's one of the top ten TE's in the state (3A)

fatcat255
10-30-2003, 01:15 PM
JaMario is strong and fast. Bronze medalist in 200m sprint at State Meet last year and usually hits defenders harder than they hit him. Also Playing LB this season during critical times in the game.

DeMario is a bit quicker to the line and shiftier, good open field speed.

Both are excellent blockers and have good hands catching passes out of the backfield.

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: fatcat255 ]</small>

3afan
10-30-2003, 01:15 PM
DEFINITE Region II Division I contenders ..........

Buckeye80
10-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Spring Hill, if they go D1 and it looks as if they will, won't get past Forney, and probably won't even get past Carthage.

GWOOD
10-30-2003, 05:56 PM
Probably won't get past Carthage? It seems that Carthage has a great team this year and if things are clicking at the right time they could make some noise in the playoffs. However, at this point, I would say that Liberty Hill is at least as good as Rusk and Diboll, two teams that Carthage could not handle.

3afan
10-30-2003, 06:03 PM
GWOOD:
Probably won't get past Carthage? It seems that Carthage has a great team this year and if things are clicking at the right time they could make some noise in the playoffs. However, at this point, I would say that Liberty Hill is at least as good as Rusk and Diboll, two teams that Carthage could not handle.we assume you mean Spring Hill, not Liberty Hill .....

GWOOD
10-30-2003, 06:13 PM
I do mean Spring Hill. This Region 1 brain is spinning keeping up with the other 3 regions.

Buckeye80
10-30-2003, 08:28 PM
GWOOD:
Probably won't get past Carthage? It seems that Carthage has a great team this year and if things are clicking at the right time they could make some noise in the playoffs. However, at this point, I would say that Liberty Hill is at least as good as Rusk and Diboll, two teams that Carthage could not handle.Spring Hill has they're own newspaper (Longview News Journal) to continually placate their already swollen eagos. The problem with the Panthers is that they believe they are as good as everyone tells them they are. Trust me! I live in Longview, and Spring Hill will get rolled up by Carthage by two or more touchdowns. And let 'em play my Buckeyes! We are becoming bitter, bitter rivals with the Prancers, sorry I mean Panthers.

fatcat255
10-30-2003, 09:44 PM
For whatever reason, Buckeye80 has this enormous problem with Spring Hill. Though I can't recall it happening very often, maybe we beat them last time he played against us or something. I don't think anyone other than him even mentioned Gilmer in this thread, but his envy or whatever it may be just couldn't allow him to sit quiet. As for bitter rivals; we're very rarely even in the same district, and other than in girl's softball, they are way down the list in the rivalry category. Gilmer has a good school and I like what the coaches have done there the last few years. I have no problem with Gilmer having a little success. Here's one Panther who is hoping the Bucks finally win one this year.

This is a board for sharing information, thats all I was trying to do. Didn't predict any victories, any losses, or any matchups. Just sharing info for those who like that kind of stuff.

Don't know of but one person from Spring Hill who has anything to do with the production of the LNJ, and he's just a college kid who does some late-night layout work. He is a former Center on a team that was 1-1 in his varsity career against the Buckeyes, so maybe he's sneaking in there and changing all the articles. I must admit though, Spring Hill does happen to be a community that's located inside the city limits of Longview. Since the title of the newspaper is "Longview News-Journal" they might tend to lean a little in Spring Hill's direction as compared to schools in other municipalities who have their own newspapers. We certainly don't write the stories or fire up the printing presses. I cancelled my subscription to the rag for reasons other than athletics. Their staff newswriter certainly doesn't take too kindly to us.

If b.e.80 would talk to a few folks instead of dream up imaginary people to confer with, I think he'd find out we are a little more realistic than he is aware of.

The Gilmer fan I work with doesn't seem to have any problem with us. Must just be some type of jealousy thing. Sounds to me like Spring Hill and Gilmer are pretty similar; Relatively weak schedule, high-powered offense, difficulty stopping the run on defense.

If Spring Hill does go D1, Carthage will certainly be very tough to beat. As tough as it is though, might be a better road for us than having to face a talented Tatum team who we've beaten 3 times in the last two seasons in games that could have easily gone the other way. The law of averages tends to catch up after a while. If not Tatum, it would be Chapel Hill. Though the teams have kind of gone in different directions since then, I think everyone knows what they did to us the first game of the season.

As for Forney; well, their success rate speaks for itself.

Anyway, it's good to know someone from Gilmer cares enough about us to comment on us. Even though none of us Spring Hill folks think of our schools as big, fierce rivals, it's an honor to be considered as such by someone as talented and knowledgeable as Buckeye80.

I better go now, there's some chicken wings calling my name. I've got to maintain my workout schedule so I don't drop off a little and become FatCat240 or something like that.

Good luck Buckeyes. Your bitter, bitter rivals are pulling for you!

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: fatcat255 ]</small>

Buckeye80
10-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Your sarcasm is noted, and I applaud your effort to quell what you determine to be a hostile confrontation. I merely pointed out that the Longview Spring Hill Panthers ARE overrated as per the usual. Having said that, I appreciate a fan who will stand up for their team, but I also appreciate those fans who will "call a spade a spade". The offense you took at my comments and the response you lobbed back in my direction are completely unfounded in my opinion. I base this on two things. Firstly, our schools' football programs are in no way similar other than classification. Spring Hill has for the last three to four years scheduled notoriously weak non-district opponents (Queen City, Van, T.K. GORMAN) on the whims of Steve Gaddis who cares more for winning than drawing breath. Our schedules, though sometimes including programs who turn out to be sub-par, mainly consist of proud, usually playoff-bound foes. Secondly, this rivalry which you may insist does not exist is alive and well on the North end of Hwy 300. Our fans wait at halftime, with baited breath, in anticipation of hearing that Spring Hill might be on the short end of a halftime score. And, before the UIL decided to put teams 200 Nautical Miles apart in the same district, Gilmer and Spring Hill were regularly district opponents. So I'll sum up by saying, your "support" does not go unnoticed, but I'll have to say it's not actually wanted.

Gilmer Buckeye
10-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Don't you wish Gilmer was back in your district just this one season so you wouldn't have to go Div I?

I think it was you who told me Joe Hale didn't go to Spring Hill. Well, they ought to give him an honorary diploma. I like Joe. There's just no way he is objective about anything having to do with Spring Hill.

For the record, I work with a woman who has a kid in the Spring Hill schools. Everything I've ever heard about the school has been good. I even think Coach Gaddis is an okay fellow. And Coach Blankenship, if he's still there, is just a super individual. He really turned the Ore City program around and they haven't been the same since he left.

fatcat255
10-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Yes, I do wish Gilmer was back in our district. It's a much better drive!

fatcat255
10-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Also, If you were in our district and went D1 then D2 would've just gotten a little easier!

Buckeye80
10-30-2003, 10:38 PM
I just don't understand why you felt the need to attack me personally. I did not say, " FatCat sucks and should be shot in the groin!". I'm just gettin' a little sh..tuff goin' on here. So what if there is or "isn't" a rivalry between our schools. Isn't it fun to talk a little bit of noise about something? There's no reason for it to get personal, is there?
And Buckeye, in case you didn't see the other post on that other subject under the one about the thing, I aim to find out who you are. I think you sit in front of me somewhere in the stadium seats.

fatcat255
10-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Ok, I'll go back a post or two now.

How is Spring Hill overrated? We're not rated! That's probably right about where we belong.

I think a lot of the hostility stems from the fact that Spring Hill went 4 rounds deep last season and got whooped by Daingerfield in the Regional Finals, while Gilmer (an obviously better team) was retired after round #1. Don't tell anyone, but I heard Joe Hale made out the playoff pairings also.

Let's talk about scheduling. These schedules were made out in the Spring of 2002. (They waited until the Spring because of their partiality to Spring Hill, China Spring, Hughes Springs, Sulphur Springs, Spring Lake, Spring Creek, Spring, Dripping Springs, Coldspring, Springtown, Apple Springs, Patton Springs, Richland Springs, Big Springs, Cypress Springs, Spring Woods, and Tyler Lee.)

Game #1 (even)
--- SH vs. Chapel Hill (good program moving down from 4A)
--- Gilmer vs. Gladewater (Jonny just graduated!)

Game #2 (advantage SH)
--- SH vs. Tatum (perennial playoff team who dominated SH)
--- Gilmer vs. Jefferson (had been a recent doormat!)

Game #3 (even)
--- SH vs. Queen City (bi-district opponent in 2000 & 2001)
--- Gilmer vs. Wills Point (had they ever been very good before last year?)

Game #4 (advantage Gilmer)
--- SH vs. TK Gorman (Oh My Goodness!!!!)
--- Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove (they were tired of playing Spring Hill, we usually won!)

Game #5 (even)
--- SH vs. Van (normally a playoff team)[oops! I was wrong!]
--- Gilmer vs. Pine Tree (this isn't basketball or soccer!)

We can't do anything about our district schedules, but they are both just decent.

Once the season got started, last season our non-district schedule obviously turned out to be sub-par. Yours was pretty tough. Van did make the playoffs though!

This year;

CH kicked Panther butt! Gladewater was weak (but how would anyone have known when they made the schedule out?) Advantage SH

Tatum & Jefferson -- both good! Even

QC & Wiils Point -- WP is down but still, Advantage Gilmer

TKG & PG -- well, Advantage Gilmer

Van & PT -- again, who would've known? Van is 7-1 and PT is not! advantage SH

Can't find much difference.

Anyway, I still can't figure out why you think so poorly of Spring Hill and why you would consider us bitter rivals. We certainly haven't been a threat to your superiority when we have been in ther same district. I mean, in the 17 years I've been watching SH football I think we've had 5 or 6 playoff seasons. Just so happens the last 3 have been decent.

As for overrated as USUAL. We've had 3 good years. We certainly weren't overrated when we were like 217th or whatever we were back then.

Any way you look at it:

2000 ----- 10 wins 3 losses. Not Too Bad.
2001 ----- 10 wins 2 losses. Decent Season.
2002 ----- 12 wins 2 losses. Pretty Good.
2003 ----- 7 wins 1 loss. We'll Take It!

4 year total, so far: 39 wins/8 losses.

Hopefully, one day we will have a decent program.

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: fatcat255 ]</small>

fatcat255
10-30-2003, 11:27 PM
If you would've said those things about me, Mrs. FatCat probably would've agreed with you so I wouldn't have thought it such an abnormal statement.

Didn't mean to attack you my newfound friend (I know, I might be jumping the gun a little). Typed words on a message board do not convey expressions and jest.

I guess my imaginary friend statement was a bit uncalled for.

And, the talented and knowledgeable reference was not meant to be a mockery. I guess I should've put one of those smily face thingies on there to show I was joking around. :)

Please accept my apologies.

fatcat255
10-30-2003, 11:59 PM
Since I'm old and my memory extends so far back that everything gets all jumbled, I had to look back at Win/Loss records on Collier-Sharp since 1998. My statement describing Van as "normally a playoff team" must've come from the used but not refurbished portion of my memory bank.

Van records since 1998:

1998 ------ 3 wins, 8 losses
1999 ------ 1 win, 9 losses
2000 ------ 0 wins, 10 losses
2001 ------ 1 win, 9 losses
2002 ------ 5 wins, 6 losses
----------------------------------
Total ----- 10 wins, 42 losses

Playoffs; 92, 93, 96, 98, 2002

Buckeye80
10-31-2003, 03:17 PM
fatcat255:
If you would've said those things about me, Mrs. FatCat probably would've agreed with you so I wouldn't have thought it such an abnormal statement.

Didn't mean to attack you my newfound friend (I know, I might be jumping the gun a little). Typed words on a message board do not convey expressions and jest.

I guess my imaginary friend statement was a bit uncalled for.

And, the talented and knowledgeable reference was not meant to be a mockery. I guess I should've put one of those smily face thingies on there to show I was joking around. :)

Please accept my apologies.And I will say this. I suffer from an extremely rare medical condition which causes any alcohol entering my system to find its way directly to my fingertips. It then causes them to type and type and type without running any of the words through the old brain first. Having read the exchange above, it has become painfully obvious to me that I not only put an "a" in "egos", but I also came off as a bit of a "jackass". So, as I have just arrived home from work, and am at least moderately sober wink wink I will retract the majority of my previous mindless ramblings. Soberly, here was what I was trying to convey to you. Spring Hill, over the past three seasons, has built a reputation as a top 5 3A football program in East Texas. As my Buckeyes are now coming into their own, through coaching changes, etc., I want East Texans to realize that we are not a "one hit wonder" like the Buckeye teams of 1981 and 1991. We are becoming a very solid "program" that will yield some good teams in the near and distant future. I guess (and this goes against everything male in my body) I am JEALOUS of the notoriety Spring Hill has gotten, when my Buckeyes can't seem to get out of the first round. Maybe this year it will change. Anyway, hopefully this will resolve any confrontation that we may or may not have had. Otherwise we will be forced to settle this as God intended Man to settle his disagreements.....GOLF!

fatcat255
10-31-2003, 06:05 PM
If golf is the chosen sword, this year's 7th graders will be seniors by the time I get finished.

You weren't bad. We were both just having fun. Like these kids say today, "It's all good!"

I do think Traylor and company have done an outstanding job and it has filtered down through all athletic programs. I believe people all over East Texas know the quality of football program Gilmer has developed. Gilmer has just been bit with a bad luck bug every realignment year. Wherever Gilmer is aligned, you can just about count on the bi-district opponent's district being unusually strong. Just watch and see how things fall when everything is shuffled in the Spring. My Gilmer friend at work and I call it the BUCKEYE CONSPIRACY!!!!!!

Good luck tonight, next week and through the playoffs. Gilmer will do fine.

I better git.

WingStop has an order waiting for me!

CatsDen
11-04-2003, 01:44 PM
How did Chris Miller do on Friday? I have him listed as a top 10 TE in all of 3A, but I can't find any stats for 10-31-03. Any help?