PDA

View Full Version : Not 3A

Gsquared
07-20-2009, 09:45 AM
but did anyone go to Denton Guyer's spring game? I heard they looked like the real deal.

Txbroadcaster
07-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
but did anyone go to Denton Guyer's spring game? I heard they looked like the real deal.

dude they looked real agianst Longview..and heck they had most of the team coming back

All those penciling Longview as the D-1 Region II champ need to the tap the breaks, Guyer went toe to toe with them last year and has the talent coming back to beat them this year

BEAST
07-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Mark my words, Guyer will get it done. I personally know Coach John Walsh. He was the OC in Brownwood for a while. He is a brilliant coach.

Also, keep your eye on 5A Austin Westlake. They have been "down" in recent years. New head coach Darren Allman, who got Permian going again, was Brownwood DC when Walsh was the OC. Westlake will win titles soon.

Man we had some unreal coaches for a few years there.

BEAST

Matthew328
07-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Guyer is gonna be salty...solid #2 behind Longview...I think they might go 5A next year though

Ex-Tiger2005
07-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Mark my words, Guyer will get it done. I personally know Coach John Walsh. He was the OC in Brownwood for a while. He is a brilliant coach.

Also, keep your eye on 5A Austin Westlake. They have been "down" in recent years. New head coach Darren Allman, who got Permian going again, was Brownwood DC when Walsh was the OC. Westlake will win titles soon.

Man we had some unreal coaches for a few years there.

BEAST

if those guys where at your school that was an all star cast yall had!

Matthew328
07-20-2009, 03:14 PM
The Brownwood coaching tree stretches far and wide

BEAST
07-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
if those guys where at your school that was an all star cast yall had!

Thats what alot people dont understand, of course all glory and all blame goes on the HCs head, but Walsh was the OC and Allman was DC at the same time. Within a period of roughly 3 years we probably lost something like 10 coaches off Freemans staff. Most went with either Walsh or Allman and others moved on to be OCs or DCs or even HCs at smaller schools. Its very hard to replace coaching talent like that.

BEAST