PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Lowies

pirate4state
07-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Wait another or month or go with what was submitted?

BreckTxLonghorn
07-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Hell, let it go until December. That way the place will be packed and it will give some big chatter after HS season ends. You could stretch noms a week, wait until the new year to start voting, and release winners day after NCAA NC game.

Just a thought...

Sweetwater Red
07-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Well if the goal is to do this on an annual basis,
then I say do mid-August to cover last season and
then again in Jan., like Breck said, to cover next
Season.

pirate4state
07-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Hell, let it go until December. That way the place will be packed and it will give some big chatter after HS season ends. You could stretch noms a week, wait until the new year to start voting, and release winners day after NCAA NC game.

Just a thought...

:thinking:

But if we let it go until December would we also include the 2009 season (football/volleyball) for game of the year, team of the year, etc. :confused:

pirate4state
07-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Well if the goal is to do this on an annual basis,
then I say do mid-August to cover last season and
then again in Jan., like Breck said, to cover next
Season.

Realistically an annual basis would be good, but we'd have to have someone take charge of it. I think Dre started it, then Russ & Adidas picked up the slack, this year no one even remembered or mentioned it, until Russ asked about it a few weeks ago.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking:

But if we let it go until December would we also include the 2009 season (football/volleyball) for game of the year, team of the year, etc. :confused:

Geez be difficult.:rolleyes::devil:

Take noms until two weeks before Week Zero. Have voting the week before. Announce Winners day of kickoff.

See, that's called 'Making it Simple' or "Fixing the situation". AKA Being a man.:D

pirate4state
07-20-2009, 12:36 PM

Take noms until two weeks before Week Zero. Have voting the week before. Announce Winners day of kickoff.

See, that's called 'Making it Simple' or "Fixing the situation". AKA Being a man.:D

:D

Please take over. You'd do a great job. I do tend to complicate things. :crazy:

LH Panther Mom
07-20-2009, 06:30 PM

I'll go with "making it simple" for $200 Alex. :devil: :p

And :2thumbsup

BreckTxLonghorn
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:D

Please take over. You'd do a great job. I do tend to complicate things. :crazy:

I did my job! As Strategy & Operations, my goal is to assess the problem and determine the most effective step to complete. If you want implementation you'll need to contact Human Capital or Technical Integration.

*Gotta love a consultant's mindset*:D

SintonFan
07-21-2009, 09:57 PM
I thought we had the Lowies in the off-season partly to encourage more off-season use and partly to acknowledge those who make this a year round home.
Ehh...
what do I know.

TheDOCTORdre
07-21-2009, 10:09 PM
well i started the lowies and then i kinda abandoned my child but here's my opinion, lets go ahead and vote now with the nominations you have now to cover last season and then we could revamp the Lowies to start taking nominations towards the end of or after football season and take nominations until new years eve/day and then have voting go on until the day of colleges NC game or so and thn announce the winners...I'll be happy to help with what ever format we decide to do and take responsibility fo my child..."come to papa lowies"

SintonFan
07-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
well i started the lowies and then i kinda abandoned my child but here's my opinion, lets go ahead and vote now with the nominations you have now to cover last season and then we could revamp the Lowies to start taking nominations towards the end of or after football season and take nominations until new years eve/day and then have voting go on until the day of colleges NC game or so and thn announce the winners...I'll be happy to help with what ever format we decide to do and take responsibility fo my child..."come to papa lowies"
Dr.
As much trouble as I gave you early on I now couldn't agree more. There are still good posters to recognize and today's indifference shouldn't play a part.

TheDOCTORdre
07-26-2009, 08:46 PM
did we ever reach a decision on this?

Sweetwater Red
07-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Apparently not. But p4s stepped up and tried
to do it and there was little to no particpation.
I do think it was shatty how the poll went.

LH Panther Mom
07-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
did we ever reach a decision on this?
I think it might be good to have the polls go up starting Monday, August 3 with the start of the season. Vote for a few days, then announce after a couple of weeks voting. If there are only a couple of nominees, then we can vote on the two. If there's only one, then they win. Unless they suck, then we can do write-ins. :D ;) (It's just a week from tomorrow!)

Emerson1
07-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Just do HoF, who cares about the other stuff, it's to PC