PDA

View Full Version : My concession speech

rockdale80
07-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Thank you. Thank you, my friends. Thank you for coming here on this beautiful 3adownlow evening.

My friends, we have come to the end of a long journey. The people of the Downlow have spoken, and they have spoken clearly. A little while ago, I had the honor of calling Keith7 -- to congratulate him on being elected the next DOUCHEBAG OF THE YEAR we all love.

In a contest as long and difficult as this campaign has been, his success alone commands my respect for his ability and perseverance. But that he managed to do so by inspiring the hopes of so many millions of downlowers who had once wrongly believed that they had little at stake or little influence in the election of an Douchebag is something I deeply admire and commend him for achieving.

This is an historic election, and I recognize the special significance it has for douchers and for the special pride that must be theirs tonight.

I've always believed that douches offers opportunities to all who have the industry and will to seize it. Keith7 believes that, too.

Keith7 has achieved a great thing for himself and for his Downlow. I applaud him for it, and offer in my sincere sympathy that his beloved tampon did not live to see this day, though our faith assures us it is at rest in the presence of its creator and so very proud of the good Douche it helped raise.

Keith7 and I have had and argued our differences, and he has prevailed. No doubt many of those differences remain. These are difficult times for our Downlow, and I pledge to him tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face.

I urge all downlowers who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next Douche of the year our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together, to find the necessary compromises, to bridge our differences, and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better Downlow than we inherited.

Whatever our differences, we are fellow downlowers. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that.

It is natural tonight to feel some disappointment, but tomorrow we must move beyond it and work together to get our Downlow moving again. We fought -- we fought as hard as we could, and though we fell short, the failure is mine, not yours.

I am so deeply grateful to all of you for the great honor of your support and for all you have done for me. I wish the outcome had been different, my friends. The road was a difficult one from the outset. But your support and friendship never wavered. I cannot adequately express how deeply indebted I am to you,

You know, campaigns are often harder on a candidate's family than on the candidate, and that's been true in this campaign. All I can offer in compensation is my love and gratitude, and the promise of more peaceful years ahead.

Thank you and God Bless! God Bless all of you and Good Night.

:D :D :D

Congrats Keith7!!

PPHSfan
07-17-2009, 10:01 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Genius.

Trashman
07-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Thats just beautiful.....:weeping:

Keith7
07-17-2009, 10:10 PM
*correction, it is now the vaginal shower of the year

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't think it is too bold to predict that he could win this award year after year. Personally, I think there are qualified individuals who could challenge the title, but only time will tell.

PPHSfan
07-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I don't think it is too bold to predict that he could win this award year after year. Personally, I think there are qualified individuals who could challenge the title, but only time will tell.

I feel that in order to keep order, and discourage corruption, we should vote for some kind of term limits.

rockdale80
07-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I feel that in order to keep order, and discourage corruption, we should vote for some kind of term limits.

Agreed. Too much douchebagginess leads to corruption.:D

TexasHSFB
07-17-2009, 10:31 PM
ttt

great thread. :clap:

mwynn05
07-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Keith was a very deserving candidate and is very deserving of this award

DaHop72
07-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Thank you. Thank you, my friends. Thank you for coming here on this beautiful 3adownlow evening.

My friends, we have come to the end of a long journey. The people of the Downlow have spoken, and they have spoken clearly. A little while ago, I had the honor of calling Keith7 -- to congratulate him on being elected the next DOUCHEBAG OF THE YEAR we all love.

In a contest as long and difficult as this campaign has been, his success alone commands my respect for his ability and perseverance. But that he managed to do so by inspiring the hopes of so many millions of downlowers who had once wrongly believed that they had little at stake or little influence in the election of an Douchebag is something I deeply admire and commend him for achieving.

This is an historic election, and I recognize the special significance it has for douchers and for the special pride that must be theirs tonight.

I've always believed that douches offers opportunities to all who have the industry and will to seize it. Keith7 believes that, too.

Keith7 has achieved a great thing for himself and for his Downlow. I applaud him for it, and offer in my sincere sympathy that his beloved tampon did not live to see this day, though our faith assures us it is at rest in the presence of its creator and so very proud of the good Douche it helped raise.

Keith7 and I have had and argued our differences, and he has prevailed. No doubt many of those differences remain. These are difficult times for our Downlow, and I pledge to him tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face.

I urge all downlowers who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next Douche of the year our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together, to find the necessary compromises, to bridge our differences, and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better Downlow than we inherited.

Whatever our differences, we are fellow downlowers. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that.

It is natural tonight to feel some disappointment, but tomorrow we must move beyond it and work together to get our Downlow moving again. We fought -- we fought as hard as we could, and though we fell short, the failure is mine, not yours.

I am so deeply grateful to all of you for the great honor of your support and for all you have done for me. I wish the outcome had been different, my friends. The road was a difficult one from the outset. But your support and friendship never wavered. I cannot adequately express how deeply indebted I am to you,

You know, campaigns are often harder on a candidate's family than on the candidate, and that's been true in this campaign. All I can offer in compensation is my love and gratitude, and the promise of more peaceful years ahead.

Congrats Keith7!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
07-18-2009, 01:40 AM

Congrats Keith7!!
Umm...
you ARE aware there is still almost a week left before voting stops.:nerd:
Tell your brother to answer the hypothetical situation on the PPHS thread.:D

Pick6
07-18-2009, 07:43 AM
For the 1st time in my adult life I can finally say, I'm proud to be a member of the downlow. :D

charlesrixey
07-18-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
For the 1st time in my adult life I can finally say, I'm proud to be a member of the downlow. :D

:clap: :clap:

pirate4state
07-18-2009, 10:47 AM
hahahaha wow :D

Sweetwater Red
07-18-2009, 11:41 AM

Congrats Keith7!!

Excellent speech. :clap:

Where is a standing ovation smilie when you need one.:thinking:

rockdale80
07-18-2009, 08:17 PM
ttt

Rabid Cougar
07-18-2009, 09:23 PM

Congrats Keith7!!

Obviously from the wrong side of Minerva.

rockdale80
07-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Obviously from the wrong side of Minerva.

The good side. :D

Footballhudini
07-19-2009, 11:13 PM
all this talk about vaginal showers and douches disgusts me

Farmersfan
07-20-2009, 08:23 AM
There's something stinky in douchville!!!!!!!!!!

I think we should have a recount!!!!! I thought I saw a "Hanging Chad"!!!!!!

rockdale80
07-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
all this talk about vaginal showers and douches disgusts me

when in rome