PDA

View Full Version : Bigwood33

Pick6
07-16-2009, 08:41 AM
http://www.heralddemocrat.com/hd/Sports/Option-play----Long-leaves-Callisburg-for-Sherman

If the other teams sign off on this Sherman just might challenge Denison this year. I'd be surprised if Bomar signed off on it.

bigwood33
07-16-2009, 09:24 AM
:thinking: Very interesting indeed! If the kid lives in Sherman and enrolls and starts class at the beginning of school, he should be eligible. We had a kid, in fact 2 brothers, move from Whitesboro to Celina in 2006 and they only had to sit out of varsity competition for 10 days (I think). They then played varsity. In fact, when we played them they were both playing against us. I say all of that to say that I don't think that Bomar has any say in the matter IF their residence is actually in the SISD.

Pick6
07-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
:thinking: Very interesting indeed! If the kid lives in Sherman and enrolls and starts class at the beginning of school, he should be eligible. We had a kid, in fact 2 brothers, move from Whitesboro to Celina in 2006 and they only had to sit out of varsity competition for 10 days (I think). They then played varsity. In fact, when we played them they were both playing against us. I say all of that to say that I don't think that Bomar has any say in the matter IF their residence is actually in the SISD.

I was working in Celina at that time, the boys lived in Celina, moved to Whitesboro then moved back to Celina. I don't think either was to great in football. The older one, I think it was the older one, was a stud in baseball.

bigwood33
07-16-2009, 09:37 AM
You are correct although the younger brother was 1st team all state last year (OL). I was just pointing out that if you actually move and not just transfer, you do not need district or coach approval. There is just a short waiting period.

Pick6
07-16-2009, 09:45 AM
I wonder if this was in the works before Kinne got the job. Maybe Bomar thought he'd get it and started the ball rolling :thinking:

bigwood33
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
:thinking: :thinking:

Farmersfan
07-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
You are correct although the younger brother was 1st team all state last year (OL). I was just pointing out that if you actually move and not just transfer, you do not need district or coach approval. There is just a short waiting period.

I think this rule applies ONLY if you move for reasons other than football. It sounds like not only is this move for football reasons but the original move to Callisburg was for football purposes also.
And his teammates in Callisburg have every reason to be pissed about this. Or am I reading something into it that isn't there?

Pick6
07-16-2009, 10:01 AM
From what I was told his parents live in Sherman ISD. They were paying the transfer fee to attend Callisburg.

bigwood33
07-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
From what I was told his parents live in Sherman ISD. They were paying the transfer fee to attend Callisburg.

All you gotta say is that the kids will be attending Sherman High for financial reasons. "We no longer can afford to pay the transfer fee and gas for the 50 miles per day that the round trip is". They should be fine. Didn't the article also say that the mother has cancer. I doubt there will be any issue at all with the move.