PDA

View Full Version : So what are the advantages of being on twitter?

Sweetwater Red
07-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Any input would be appreciated.

Txbroadcaster
07-15-2009, 08:48 PM
I have tried it..and dont like it

AggiesAreWe
07-15-2009, 08:52 PM
NONE!!!

Sweetwater Red
07-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Definitely respect your opinion TxBC. I ask because
Somebody wants me to join. But everytime I look
at their page(?)... They haven't said much of any
thing and the only updates are what the songs they listened to last.:confused:

I don't need twitter for that.:nerd:

striker
07-15-2009, 10:25 PM
I've used it to build a network of people in my field (Technology) that I can learn from. It all depends on who you decide to follow. If you find some of the right people you can be the first to learn about new trends, topics, events, or software.

Txbroadcaster
07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by striker
I've used it to build a network of people in my field (Technology) that I can learn from. It all depends on who you decide to follow. If you find some of the right people you can be the first to learn about new trends, topics, events, or software.

I guess if you talk to them thru other formats as well

but all I see on twitter is

I am pooping..or watching tv...or Boss just griped at me type of tweets.

I just dont see the need for ME to follow my friends life every second or minute of the day. It is part of the instant info less personal time with people stage we are in.

But like you said, YOU get something out of it so your going to be all for it and I can understand that

Ranger Mom
07-15-2009, 11:36 PM
I just can't get into it!!

Tx Challenge
07-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Twitter is pretty lame.. It is basically an avenue to push one's thoughts or product... Some enjoy,,,each to their own

striker
07-16-2009, 12:25 AM
If you built or "followed" a 3A Down Low group of people you could probably "tweet" scores or updates that could be accessed on SmartPhones/Blackberry's easily. I've tried to keep up with other games and scores on Friday Nights using my phone web browser and the 3A Down Low site is difficult to use on a phone. Just a thought.

Tx Challenge
07-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by striker
If you built or "followed" a 3A Down Low group of people you could probably "tweet" scores or updates that could be accessed on SmartPhones/Blackberry's easily. I've tried to keep up with other games and scores on Friday Nights using my phone web browser and the 3A Down Low site is difficult to use on a phone. Just a thought.

True, I suppose but for that it is just as easy to text IMO... Twitter works for some... Their site is unstable. I use it myself, but it is not my favorite form of communication

striker
07-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
True, I suppose but for that it is just as easy to text IMO... Twitter works for some... Their site is unstable. I use it myself, but it is not my favorite form of communication

Why text and have to ask for scores from all different people and have to get all kinds of phone numbers, when scores and updates could come directly to you by the people you "follow".

pirate4state
07-16-2009, 09:37 AM
I like it. I don't update every five minutes like some people do, but to me it's just another form of entertainment.

I like striker's idea of having a "3adownlow" twitter page so someone can update scores, as they are available.

Our booster club has a twitter feed (www.twitter.com/sintonpirates) that we started using during baseball/softball season. We are excited about using it this fall for football and volleyball updates.

Tx Challenge
07-16-2009, 09:49 AM
I think the key here is "over use" A 3adl page updating scores will be useful, if kept to just updates.

pirate4state
07-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
I think the key here is "over use" A 3adl page updating scores will be useful, if kept to just updates. I agree

BreckTxLonghorn
07-16-2009, 10:11 AM
I like the scores idea, but not fond of the way it works for "updating life." I think the Tonight Show hits in on the head when they make fun of it on their Twitter Tracker.

What's more, you have character limits. So if you really wanted to do it right, why not just create a blogger account and send a text to it, which it allows and then gives you no character limits.

pirate4state
07-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I like the scores idea, but not fond of the way it works for "updating life." I think the Tonight Show hits in on the head when they make fun of it on their Twitter Tracker.

haha yeah some people crack me up, hell I crack me up! :D

SintonFan_inAustin
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I like it. I don't update every five minutes like some people do, but to me it's just another form of entertainment.

I like striker's idea of having a "3adownlow" twitter page so someone can update scores, as they are available.

Our booster club has a twitter feed (www.twitter.com/sintonpirates) that we started using during baseball/softball season. We are excited about using it this fall for football and volleyball updates. i won't have to update now :) . sounds good.

Electus Unus
07-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I think its cool to see what some of the famous people are doing. Dwight Howard and OchoCinco are probably the two funniest with shaq trailing.