PDA

View Full Version : the worst fans?

coach
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
any sport any age....who has the most obnoxious fans.....remember this can be hockey to hs fb and if you want to make the worst fans for each sport and age group you can

Trashman
07-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by coach
any sport any age....who has the most obnoxious fans.....remember this can be hockey to hs fb and if you want to make the worst fans for each sport and age group you can

Soccer fans......:rolleyes:

eagleqb_14
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Soccer fans......:rolleyes: furil they are crazy. they like kill each other if they dont win... lol jk:)

coach
07-15-2009, 05:04 PM
Soccer fans......:rolleyes:

well i ment to say what team has the best fans

Looking4number8
07-15-2009, 05:18 PM
When we played Coperas Cove at their house, they had the worst fans, most bias anouncer, most bias replay operator, scariest parking lot to walk through (we were even afraid the cops were gonna whip our butt after that last game)

I. B. Watching
07-15-2009, 05:18 PM
16-inch box fans that rattle

BaseballUmp
07-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I called a Coldspring vs. Shepard baseball game early in the season and mind you this was just the jv game and 2 fans from shepard began to go at it. what seemed to be a hillbilly and a rather large black man. They began shouting loud obcinities and racial slurs back and forth during the game in which they were losing something like 19-0 in the 3rd inning. I just thought it weird that they would be going at it with each other. There were also words directed towards the head coach for Shepard and towards myself for not having a strike zone the size of a slowpitch softball game. It didnt last very long and they got to watch the varsity game with the local cop sitting between them. This was the worst I saw this year in high school baseball. In about 13-14 year old baseball, I had Magnolia fans acting like d-bags and my partner asked them if it were so easy, they could make the calls from the parking lot because thats where they headed lol. Then in about 11-12 year old, a livingston coach told me i made the worst call in his entire life and he was a high school umpire himself and had done 100's of games and that I didnt deserve to be on the field. So i kindly asked him to read the rule book on this situation and he brought it out to show me that indeed he was wrong and i politely sent him on his way...

I just hate when coaches and fans argue rules they have no clue about.

But when I know im right, Im right...hence my signature

crzyjournalist03
07-15-2009, 05:28 PM
"Fans" that want to talk about a team or a sport, but don't even know who the players are on the team that they're discussing. Their only knowledge comes from arguments that they've heard from their friends or on the radio over the years...arguments like,

"Well, they have a good team, but they'll never win the big game so long as so-and-so is on the team..."

"They just never have enough defense to get anywhere..."

95mustang
07-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
When we played Coperas Cove at their house, they had the worst fans, most bias anouncer, most bias replay operator, scariest parking lot to walk through (we were even afraid the cops were gonna whip our butt after that last game)

Parking Lot? I had to park in a residential neighborhood and had to listen to the entire neighborhood while walking back to the car. My 6 y/o was terrified at the way the people were acting.

griff
07-15-2009, 08:25 PM
If you're talking "worst fans" as in rude and obnoxious, point your compass to large cities in the northeast - New York, Philadelphia, and Boston.

AggiesAreWe
07-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by griff
If you're talking "worst fans" as in rude and obnoxious, point your compass to large cities in the northeast - New York, Philadelphia, and Boston.

Oh, and Orange, Texas.;) :D

Phantom Stang
07-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Southlake Carroll, and no I ain't jealous. They sit where they can find the best seat available, no matter which side of the stadium it's on.

DaHop72
07-16-2009, 09:39 PM
A small minority of Little League parents give the rest a bad name. They too often forget, it's a kids game. :(

Txbroadcaster
07-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Southlake Carroll, and no I ain't jealous. They sit where they can find the best seat available, no matter which side of the stadium it's on.

i have to say I have never seen many SLC fans not sitting on the side of their team

Pmoney
07-17-2009, 02:46 AM
In general- Bandwagon Fans

Actual Fans-South American Soccer fans...they tear the stadium or each other apart in some games

In America-New York in Baseball....Philly in football...in Basketball-?

College Sports-?

H.S. Sports-This is a tough one bc I can't really think of a bad crowd but I would have to say bc of a bad exp. with one adult while I was playing it would be Ab. Wylie

Best Fans in H.S. Sports- Snyder(homer)...but non-homer pick would be Argyle

Electus Unus
07-17-2009, 04:50 AM
I heard Rockdale softball fans used to be pretty brutal. They would post K's for strikeouts and put the girl who struck outs number on it and give it to her at the end of games to sign

Footballhudini
07-17-2009, 05:40 AM
i remember some phiilly fans cheering when michael irvin had that career-ending injury way back when.

DDBooger
07-17-2009, 05:44 AM
I would love to see The Linc bulldozed, but then again, those fans should be in nasty moods, how many Super Bowl wins?

griff
07-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Oh, and Orange, Texas.;) :D

So, do you have ties to the northeast? Also, you missed an opportunity to name drop Jeremy Johnson here. ;)

You're slipping...

I. B. Watching
07-17-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
i remember some phiilly fans cheering when michael irvin had that career-ending injury way back when.
When I was a little kid, I remember them throwing snowballs at and booing Santa Claus

Trashman
07-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini

Wasn't there a flashlight battery throwing incident around that same time as well?:thinking:

pirate4state
07-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by coach
well i ment to say what team has the best fans the best or the worst?

HS:

best fans - Port Isabel & Cuero
worst fans - any team's fans during a losing season

Pick6
07-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
the best or the worst?

HS:

worst fans - any team's fans during a losing season

not always true, Whitesboro fans always fill up their stadium and are respectful to their opponent and opponent's fans.

BwdLions
07-17-2009, 09:41 AM
As far as college football goes, Nebraska fans are the best and Texas Tech fans (students) are the worst.

Phil C
07-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
As far as college football goes, Nebraska fans are the best and Texas Tech fans (students) are the worst.

The thing about Texas Tech fans at football games is that they rush out onto the field after the game and harass the other team. The NCAA needs to pass a rule prohibiting this due to the safety issue. UT last year had almost 100,000 fans at their game and they didn't storm the field. Tech needs to set up a barb wire barrier fence or something if they can't control the crowd or a couple of years of not having home games might straighten them out. The thing there is a tragedy here waiting to happen someday.

STANG RED
07-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The thing about Texas Tech fans at football games is that they rush out onto the field after the game and harass the other team. The NCAA needs to pass a rule prohibiting this due to the safety issue. UT last year had almost 100,000 fans at their game and they didn't storm the field. Tech needs to set up a barb wire barrier fence or something if they can't control the crowd or a couple of years of not having home games might straighten them out. The thing there is a tragedy here waiting to happen someday.

I've seen this happen at lots of college games, not just TT. But you are right. It shouldnt be allowed at any of them. Just a matter of time before something really bad happens.

Phil C
07-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've seen this happen at lots of college games, not just TT. But you are right. It shouldnt be allowed at any of them. Just a matter of time before something really bad happens.

I agree Stang. It does happen at a lot off other teams also and shouldn't be allowed anywhere as you say. Even at high school games now fans are told to stay off the field.

JasperDog94
07-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Soccer fans......:rolleyes: I thought we were talking about sports...

...anyway, my experience with PNG fans has been pretty bad.