PDA

View Full Version : 25-3A--Toughest District in 3A..

TRENCHES06
07-15-2009, 04:39 PM
NO QUESTION.

Prediction:

1) La Grange
2) Bellville
3) Giddings
4) Sealy
5) Smithville
6) Columbus

Trashman
07-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
NO QUESTION.

Prediction:

1) La Grange
2) Bellville
3) Giddings
4) Sealy
5) Smithville
6) Columbus

Can't be........Brownwood, Wylie, and Sweet Water, are not on your list. Nice try though.....:rolleyes:

BEAST
07-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Can't be........Brownwood, Wylie, and Sweet Water, are not on your list. Nice try though.....:rolleyes:

Agreed.

2-3A
Brownwood
A. Wylie
Sweetwater
Snyder
Graham
Breckenridge

Thats the nastiest district in 3A hands down.

BEAST

ssgmp5150
07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
9-3A

Celina
Prosper
Argyle
Gainesville
Sanger
Whiesboro

ssgmp5150
07-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Best high school football in the state is played in Collin County from AA-AAAAA!!!

snake_attack
07-15-2009, 05:07 PM
District 24 is pretty tough.

Rockdale
Navasota
Cameron
Caldwell
Taylor
Madisonville
Bryan Rudder

maestro
07-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
9-3A

Celina
Prosper
Argyle
Gainesville
Sanger
Whiesboro

cannot argue with this district's results last year...

TRENCHES06
07-15-2009, 05:53 PM
All those districts are top heavy....

TRENCHES06
07-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Trashman

You mean....3-7 Brownwood??

orange machine
07-15-2009, 05:54 PM
9-3a i think has to be the toughest district you have two state championship teams. This year i think it will be even better because i think Argyle should be and will be in the top 10. I think before the season is over 9-3a just might have 3 top 10 teams.

TexasHSFB
07-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Dude... I gotta hand it to Brownwood. Yea, they went 3-7 and anybody with a brain knows they are playing in one of, if not the toughest district, but they played arguably the toughest 3A schedule in the state. I have a feeling that not many teams would have done better than 3-7 with their schedule last year.

With the likes of LaVega, LH, Wylie, etc.... thye dealt themselves a rough hand and still almost got thru it.

orange machine
07-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Well Liberty Hills schedule was right there with Brownwoods and they did alot better then Brownwood, Wylie same thing.

bwdlionfan
07-15-2009, 06:16 PM
As for Brownwood being 'tough' last year... our offense was good enough we COULD have beaten anyone... only problem is our defense was bad enough that anyone COULD beat us... no matter who we played, it would have been a tough, competitive game.

ivchris
07-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Agreed.

2-3A
Brownwood
A. Wylie
Sweetwater
Snyder
Graham
Breckenridge

Thats the nastiest district in 3A hands down.

BEAST

this guy's correct, but he's got them out of order. It should be
A. Wylie
Sweetwater
Brownwood
Snyder
Graham
Breckenridge

:D

Johnny Utah
07-15-2009, 06:50 PM
3a might be the toughest division in the State to win a State Title in! Numbers from top to bottom are so vast makes for a tough rode for any great team. There will be some very good teams not get in, and some get beat in the early rounds due to the strength of the class. Tough to say which district is the toughest, they are all tough.

solocam
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
NO QUESTION.

Prediction:

1) La Grange
2) Bellville
3) Giddings
4) Sealy
5) Smithville
6) Columbus
No way

LH Panther Mom
07-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
9-3a i think has to be the toughest district you have two state championship teams. :confused: Prosper and.......??????

maestro
07-16-2009, 06:49 AM
la grange that tough this year??

bigwood33
07-16-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:confused: Prosper and.......??????
I think what he meant was that both Prosper and Celina played 16 games last year. Argyle went 3 rounds deep also. Every year has the possibility of a different outcome but no doubt that last year 9-3A was the best district in the state. We will se what this year has to offer.

ssgmp5150
07-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Collin County had Prosper, Celina, Allen and Wylie playing in state title games last year with Allen and Prosper winning their respective state title games. The year before it was Celina and Farmersville winning. I think per capita, Collin County puts out some of the best football teams in the state bar none from AA-AAAAA!!! District 9-AAA is without a doubt the toughest district in the state of Texas! Celina wins state titles left and right and will more than likely win their 9th in 2009! Prosper is up and coming and is coming off a state championship season and should be a contender again in 2009! Argyle went three rounds deep last year and is expected to go deeper this year! For a district to have three top ten teams in a division in the state is saying something! The remainder of the district are no pushovers either! Sanger probably has the best 7-3 team in the area and they will more than likely miss the playoffs again this year because all three losses will be district losses! Gainesville was at one time a power house and will no doubt return to form again in the near future. Whitesboro is no slouch either! So, it is hard to argue that 9-AAA is not the toughest district in the state of Texas and that Collin County produces some of the best teams the state has to offer across the board!

Bone Pile
07-16-2009, 07:59 AM
NO QUESTION.

Prediction:

1) La Grange
2) Bellville
3) Giddings
4) Sealy
5) Smithville
6) Columbus

IDK Those Columbus Cardinals may just suprise you. They are still building so don't ignore them. They could surely be a major contender or for sure a spoiler.
My dos centavos

MJMbrahmas10
07-16-2009, 09:03 AM
i agree i heard they are changin to a spread with the fast carter kid playin qb, and runnin the 3-3 stack on D. they should be a good team this year

bobcat04
07-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Interesting thread...2-3a looks to be the toughest in the state in 3a but I will give props to 9-3a with their two titles. I keep up with 25-3a because I live in the area and I think top to bottom this district is pretty tough. It would be interesting to know how these districts did last year non-district. I find it hard to believe that Sealy is picked 4th. They return 9 starters off a great defense and they have Downey returning. Enough said. Lagrange returns a ton offensively but still could not stop anyone last year. They will be tough and probably their best team since their state run. Bellville has as good as talent as anyone in the state but new head coach, new offensive coach, and new defensive coach. If they have trouble early lookout but they should be fine. Giddings returns a ton of skill on both sides of the ball but must replace a huge offensive line and that's where it all starts. Columbus has some good young talent but may not be ready for this type of challenge. Smithville returns some impressive speed and could sneak up on someone. All that be said I predict:
Giddings
Bellville
Sealy
Lagrange
Columbus
Smithville

SHSBulldog00
07-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Wouldn't it be better to say toughest district until you play each other next year when they put the pads on.

rancher
07-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Bellville will be fine, even with the new coach nothing will change. They will be very good on defense, offense will be the question. Giddings, lots of speed and talent back. LaGrange will be the mystery which team will show up. Sealy, will go the way Downey goes, if he gets kicked off again, or gets hurt, the tigers are in big trouble. They will also be lacking experience qb. Cannot wait for the season to start.

Bulligator
07-18-2009, 03:34 PM
The Bellville Booster Club held their annual golf tournament yesterday, with most of the coaches helping out during the day. One of the new coaches is Roy Kokemoor, who was the head coach at Brenham and A&M Consolidated. He has also coached at the college level at Texas A&M and at Florida. He should bring a lot of experience and help out Coach Foster and the rest of the staff.

rancher
07-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Who are some of the other coaches the hired and any word about the team? Must have been hot, how is the course holding up.

OldBison75
07-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Bellville and the rest of that district will be pretty tough this year, but they won't be the toughest in the state, just Region 4. 2-3A and 8-3A ought to be pretty darn good. 24-3A will be a good district too. I won't be surprised to see Region 4 coming down to a district 25 team and maybe making it to the finals. But, when rated from top to bottom, 2-3A may be the toughest.

jrhernandez7
07-18-2009, 08:18 PM
district 25 will be a great race. but no one forget about little ole Smithville. this will most certainly be there most talented group with so much coming back from a team that came away with vicotries and played the big dogs so close. Speed kills and overall team speed smithville just may be the fastest out of any teams in this district this year, game changers all in the back field. dont know much about bellville but im going with history and betting there gona be tough and almost unbeatable at home . i think giddings an sealy will be there all the way to the end also , both those teams are filled with athletes. la grange an columbos in my opinion well be the two on the bottom, just to much for them in this district, maybe any other distrtict in the area an there a conteder but not in this one. There are 4 teams in this district who will be playoff worth in Bellville, giddings, sealy, and smithville. i think smithville will have enough momentum an speed to take one those spots. i dont know how the dist race is gona go as to who beats who in the 5 weeks, but belive when its all said an done the winner of this game of giddings/sealy will be in an loser out making the three

1. Bellville
2. Sealy
3. Smithville

Rabid Cougar
07-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
The Bellville Booster Club held their annual golf tournament yesterday, with most of the coaches helping out during the day. One of the new coaches is Roy Kokemoor, who was the head coach at Brenham and A&M Consolidated. He has also coached at the college level at Texas A&M and at Florida. He should bring a lot of experience and help out Coach Foster and the rest of the staff.

Koke was the 12th Man Kick Off Team Coach as a Volunteer Assistant back in Jackie's day...... He then went to Texas when Lynn Amadee went from ATM to tu as OC. He was not coaching as of last year but I guess he got the bug again. He is a good guy.

Pudlugger
07-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
district 25 will be a great race. but no one forget about little ole Smithville. this will most certainly be there most talented group with so much coming back from a team that came away with vicotries and played the big dogs so close. Speed kills and overall team speed smithville just may be the fastest out of any teams in this district this year, game changers all in the back field. dont know much about bellville but im going with history and betting there gona be tough and almost unbeatable at home . i think giddings an sealy will be there all the way to the end also , both those teams are filled with athletes. la grange an columbos in my opinion well be the two on the bottom, just to much for them in this district, maybe any other distrtict in the area an there a conteder but not in this one. There are 4 teams in this district who will be playoff worth in Bellville, giddings, sealy, and smithville. i think smithville will have enough momentum an speed to take one those spots. i dont know how the dist race is gona go as to who beats who in the 5 weeks, but belive when its all said an done the winner of this game of giddings/sealy will be in an loser out making the three

1. Bellville
2. Sealy
3. Smithville

Smithville will not be taken lightly by La Grange this year. The Leps were sleep walking last year and lost big. This year they return most of their starters on both sides of the ball. They have a huge and experienced o line that will give the qb Schneider (all district) plenty of time to pass to two of the best WRs in D25 if not the state.
Wilkerson is a junior and a D1 prospect while McHazzlet has speed and great hands and will make double teaming Wilkerson very risky. Schneider rotated with senior qb Henderson last season and still had over 1500 yards passing.
The defense will be better this year and, imo, this is where the Leps will depart from their mediocrity of the past 5 years. Most folks in town see this as a breakout year with the Leps in one of the toughest districts in 3A. I think they will beat Sealy at home and win one of the two other big games with Bellville and Giddings. Unless they sleepwalk again with either
Smithville or Columbus they should get to the playoffs. As for winning D25, well no one can make a sound prediction with so much parity in this district. Bellville, Giddings and La Grange in any order is my best guess.

Bull's-eye
07-19-2009, 11:59 AM
My pre-season prediction is:
1. Giddings
2. Bellville
3T. LG
3T. Sealy
5. Columbus
6. Smithville

The Buffs return plenty of talent from their R4 championship team. Bellville will be very strong on defense, but the offense has a few question marks, especially on the O-line. Potential is there for a very good offense with Mueller, Runnels, Houston & Browning returning at the skill positions. LG should be quite good throwing the ball, even better than last season. Sealy will ride the legs of Downey, but must find a QB. Tigers will be in the thick of the playoff race. As of now, I have Giddings, Bellville & LG advancing to the playoffs. A lot depends on which team or teams will get the necessary help from some of last year's subvarsity players.

jrhernandez7
07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Smithville will not be taken lightly by La Grange this year. The Leps were sleep walking last year and lost big. This year they return most of their starters on both sides of the ball. They have a huge and experienced o line that will give the qb Schneider (all district) plenty of time to pass to two of the best WRs in D25 if not the state.
Wilkerson is a junior and a D1 prospect while McHazzlet has speed and great hands and will make double teaming Wilkerson very risky. Schneider rotated with senior qb Henderson last season and still had over 1500 yards passing.
The defense will be better this year and, imo, this is where the Leps will depart from their mediocrity of the past 5 years. Most folks in town see this as a breakout year with the Leps in one of the toughest districts in 3A. I think they will beat Sealy at home and win one of the two other big games with Bellville and Giddings. Unless they sleepwalk again with either
Smithville or Columbus they should get to the playoffs. As for winning D25, well no one can make a sound prediction with so much parity in this district. Bellville, Giddings and La Grange in any order is my best guess.

didnt know that la grange felt they slept walked in that game and took smithville for lightly. smithville feels that they were just a much better team than the leps last year, and with so many playmakers on both sides the ball coming back i feel that they will be better again this year. you may sleep walk an loss by a couple scores but not 38-0. gona be a great race, any 3 can make it in this district, just matters who gets thos bounces an doesnt take a week off.

TRENCHES06
07-19-2009, 01:23 PM
One of Smithville's RB's transferred to Bastrop.

Pudlugger
07-19-2009, 04:53 PM
The Leps went into the Smithville game thinking it would be an easy win. They completely underestimated how very good that team was and how motivated they were to beat La Grange. The Tigers have a big rivalry with the Leps and the Leps have dominated the series since 1999. Now it is a new series and the Tigers own the bragging rights. If the Leps don't get really fired up for this game they surely will lose because as jrhernandez7 points out the Tigers have a bunch of talent coming back. D25 is a monster district. Columbus will win some games too. The fourth place finisher in D25 would win outright in some of the other districts in region 4.

TRENCHES06
07-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
1. Giddings
2. Bellville
3T. LG
3T. Sealy
5. Columbus
6. Smithville

The Buffs return plenty of talent from their R4 championship team. Bellville will be very strong on defense, but the offense has a few question marks, especially on the O-line. Potential is there for a very good offense with Mueller, Runnels, Houston & Browning returning at the skill positions. LG should be quite good throwing the ball, even better than last season. Sealy will ride the legs of Downey, but must find a QB. Tigers will be in the thick of the playoff race. As of now, I have Giddings, Bellville & LG advancing to the playoffs. A lot depends on which team or teams will get the necessary help from some of last year's subvarsity players.

I saw that Browning got a scholarship offer from UTEP.

Pudlugger
07-19-2009, 05:28 PM
The La Grange Sealy game will be very significant. The Leps beat Sealy away last year and come back with most of their starters and a very salty bunch from the jvs who won district last year. Sealy has Downey but the Leps managed to contain him pretty well last season and should be tougher on d this year. They have the home field advantage and it is the last game of the regular season with a playoff position possibly at stake. I think you have to favor the Leps in that game.

I think the three teams on top will be Giddings, La Grange and Bellville in whatever order. The district champion will very possibly not go undefeated with so much parity in the district. There will be no easy games in this district. One let up and you will lose. I don't care if you are Giddings or Bellville returning regional champs and all if you don't bring it to each game you will lose in D25. This district schedule is going to test the boys and the coaches.

jrhernandez7
07-19-2009, 06:10 PM
if theres one things we can all agree on is that we are all in for some great football, old rivalry's meaning so much this year. it may not be the toughest distrcit in the state, but its certainly gona be one of the most competive for sure.1-6 can beat anybody , anywhere next year. just hopes all the team stay injury free and we get to see these teams slug it out and see who comes out on top. pre- district 25 takes on 26 in quite a few games. gota feeling 25 will get the majority of those if not all.

TRENCHES06
07-19-2009, 09:22 PM
All six teams had winning records last season.........any other district have THAT??

Oh, and Smithville is damn good. They would probably take 2nd place behind Cuero in District 26.

Bull's-eye
07-20-2009, 11:39 AM
I saw that Browning got a scholarship offer from UTEP.

I heard that Rice is wanting J. Jackson & Polk is getting an offer from North Texas. Can anybody confirm this?

MJMbrahmas10
07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
true about polk

rancher
07-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Jackson would be a great fit for Rice.

KL3
07-20-2009, 09:52 PM
It looks like all 3 of Bellville's linebackers will be playing college football. Pretty impressive. What is the latest with Mueller's recruitment?

hookandladder
07-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
1. Giddings
2. Bellville
3T. LG
3T. Sealy
5. Columbus
6. Smithville

Heard Giddings may have a rookie under center, no returning QB possible.

Brahma84
07-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by KL3
It looks like all 3 of Bellville's linebackers will be playing college football. Pretty impressive. What is the latest with Mueller's recruitment?

Mueller has been getting lots of looks for baseball. I think he will play baseball, not football in college.

Brahma84
07-21-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Heard Giddings may have a rookie under center, no returning QB possible.

We have been hearing that too. Heard that Plumlee and Masek were going to focus on baseball this fall. I'm sure we'll have to wait till summer practice starts to see if that turns out to be true or if its just a rumor.