PDA

View Full Version : Send a little prayer...

CHS_CG
07-14-2009, 11:32 PM
My mom * HornetMom* is having surgery tomorrow @ 7am on her shoulder. Should be pretty easy surgery but its for bone spurs*sp* in her shoulder which has been causing a lot of pain for a few months. If you could send a little prayer that nothing goes wrong it would be great. Thanks all.

waterboy
07-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Prayers sent. She should be back good as new in a few days. From what others have told me, the relief is almost immediate after bone spur removal.

Ranger Mom
07-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Will do T!!

44INAROW
07-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Hopefully she's out of surgery by now.. Please give her a hug for me Talena..

Bone Pile
07-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Prayers sent for your mom.
Hope all is well and good.
She will need some TLC for a while.

CHS_CG
07-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks everybody! Mom is going good. She went in about 7am and I got to see her at 9am. She's not hurting right now because they have her what they called a block... so it has her left shoulder/arm/top part of her chest numb. She didnt feel a thing coming down the dirt roads lol. We will see how she feels when the block isn't working any more lol. We are both going to take advantage of Taylor being at the babysitters and take a nap!

LH Panther Mom
07-16-2009, 05:33 AM
I'm glad it went well! Hugs to you, K! :)

OldBison75
07-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Prayers for a painless recovery and a little advice from someone that has had that surgery. Get her a soft rubber ball and tell her to carry it around with her all the time and squeeze it. It will strengthen the ligaments and tendons that have been bruised by the surgery and will reduce the formation of scar tissue.

They told me all these great "rehab" exercises to do, but a friend that is in sports medicine gave me the ball and within a few days, there was no pain except for at full extension when throwing something. After 90 days, at follow up appointments with the surgeon, he was amazed at the lack of scar tissue and I told him what I had used. He said he had heard of some reasearch on that therapy, but my case was the first he had actually seen after surgery x-rays that there showed a significant reduction in scar tissue that limits shoulder rotation.

By the way, the block is pretty cool, but the removal of the spurs is gonna feel so good that she will not notice alot of pain when the block is no longer working.

zebrablue2
07-16-2009, 06:38 PM
prayers sent for a speedy recovery!!!

CHS_CG
07-17-2009, 12:01 AM
and the drama never ends... We just got back from the ER.. Mom started running about 103 fever earlier so we called the oncall nurse they suggested going to the ER since she just had surgery and the doctor there said it looks infected.... so they gave her some medicine for the night and a RX to pick up tomorrow, gotta call her doctor tomorrow and he will want to see her most likely and if it is infected to badly they will have to go back into her shoulder.... these ER co-pays are getting expensive.. I still owe Taylors from May lol.