PDA

View Full Version : i got a new

BuffyMars
07-13-2009, 10:47 AM
tattoo and it hurts like hell! :(

wildstangs
07-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Hope you like it. Tattoo removal hurts more than getting the tattoo.

BuffyMars
07-13-2009, 10:58 AM
i like em all. getting the tattoo is nothing...it's the aftercare! it burnnnnnnnnnnssssssssss baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

pirate4state
07-13-2009, 11:10 AM
What did you get?

CHS_CG
07-13-2009, 11:11 AM
I agree buffy, Tat's dont hurt at all, I have three and none of them hurt to bad, my first one stung some but it was pretty big and had a lot of outline(which hurt more than the color) but the after care sucks!

Electus Unus
07-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Rib tattoo's are the only ones that hurt.

CHS_CG
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

Top of the foot hurts really bad too from what I have been told.

PPHSfan
07-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I think Tramp Stamp tattoos are stupid. I mean, the only one who looks at it is the dirt-bag pulling your hair.

pirate4state
07-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I think Tramp Stamp tattoos are stupid. I mean, the only one who looks at it is the dirt-bag pulling your hair. :eek: :eek:

BuffyMars
07-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus

that is what i got. the tat didn't hurt, but everything rubs on it during aftercare. no matter how much bag balm you use...it doesn't help.

it's 1/2 of the deal. i got a devilish hello kitty on right side and the other side WILL be an angel hello kitty. all of my tats are on the back or side where i can't see em.

PPHSfan
07-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
........ all of my tats are on the back or side where i can't see em.

I rest my case.:p

BuffyMars
07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
I rest my case.:p

mainly because i am a good girl, and can hide them from my daddy. (danggit where is the angel smiley!?!)

yes, i am grown, but i still respect my father's wishes. we choose to NOT discuss my tats and piercings.

my mom on the otherhand...she just says, "well, its your body and you have to live with it...so whatever."

she freaked out more about my belly piercing than anything else! i said, "that is so backwards mom! i can REMOVE the piercing but i can't remove the tat...."

go figure. call it white trash call it what you will, but i like em.

:devil:

pirate4state
07-13-2009, 01:49 PM
My dad wasn't exactly thrilled with my one & only tattoo, but he couldn't really do anything about it. hehe

I still really can't believe I did it since I'm such a baby when it comes to pain and it hurt like hell!

PPSTATEBOUND
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Anyone ever been BRANDED?:eek:.....that my friend hurts like hell and the first 1 minute is just the start of about two weeks of excruciating pain!!:crazy1:

BuffyMars
07-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Anyone ever been BRANDED?:eek:.....that my friend hurts like hell and the first 1 minute is just the start of about two weeks of excruciating pain!!:crazy1:

my old sifu was branded all over his body with greek symbols from his fraternity. they just don't look very pretty with the skin all puffy. blech!

CHS_CG
07-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Mine are all where I can hide them. My parents don't really care that I get them, they pretty much say its my body. All of mine have sentimental value to them and I don't regret getting any of them. Infact, I want another one... but no $$= no new tat

BuffyMars
07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
i would hope they all "mean" something or another...otherwise its pointless and at that point stupid.

i don't regret any of them. i'm gonna be one hip hip old lady at 75 with my hello kitty tattoo. imma be a GIL@...hug.

Txbroadcaster
07-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I think Tramp Stamp tattoos are stupid. I mean, the only one who looks at it is the dirt-bag pulling your hair.

well then...dont get one and the dirt bag pulling your hair wont see anything :D :D :p ;)

espn1
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I think Tramp Stamp tattoos are stupid. I mean, the only one who looks at it is the dirt-bag pulling your hair. LMAO! Ditto! Gravity is a funny thing!

Sweetwater Red
07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Okay. I was waiting for someone else to ask so I wouldn't have to.
But what the hell does sifu mean?:confused:

Txbroadcaster
07-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by espn1
LMAO! Ditto! Gravity is a funny thing!

gravity on your back?

BuffyMars
07-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Okay. I was waiting for someone else to ask so I wouldn't have to.
But what the hell does sifu mean?:confused:

it's what you call your "master" or teacher in kung **.

Sweetwater Red
07-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Oh okay

ivchris
07-13-2009, 07:15 PM
i would hope they all "mean" something or another...otherwise its pointless and at that point stupid.

i don't regret any of them. i'm gonna be one hip hip old lady at 75 with my hello kitty tattoo. imma be a GIL@...hug.

Reminds me of when my wife got her's. She had a friend that wanted one and talked her into getting one too. They went one evening to get them, but my wife didn't mention to me that she had been talked into it by her friend. So, when I saw her putting the ointment on it, she said, "what do you think?". It was a rose vine on her shoulder blade. I told her, that it's a rose now, but when you're 75 it will look like a walmart bag blown into a barbed wire fence....:D

lepfan
07-14-2009, 12:35 AM
Anyone ever been BRANDED?:eek:.....that my friend hurts like hell and the first 1 minute is just the start of about two weeks of excruciating pain!!:crazy1: Who in their RIGHT MIND would want to be branded. That is flat out STUPID....of course....IMO.

Ex-Tiger2005
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM

my tat hurt worse than my brand. the thing is when the brand heals OMG that is where the pain is. mine stayed sore for about a month and i got it during football off season. so there was lots of wrestling and getting bumped and jabbed there WOW it hurt then!

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 09:21 AM

Uhhh, they're all stupid, OR people without tats have never had something so important it had to forever memorialized on their body.
It's one of those two things - I wonder which one?

Txbroadcaster
07-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Uhhh, they're all stupid, OR people without tats have never had something so important it had to forever memorialized on their body.
It's one of those two things - I wonder which one?

or maybe option 3..people who WANT tatts choose things in life they love enough to put on their body. Those that DONT want them dont..kinda a simple idea.

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
or maybe option 3..people who WANT tatts choose things in life they love enough to put on their body. Those that DONT want them dont..kinda a simple idea.

that's nuts. You're implying non-tats don't love their children as much, don't miss their dead friends and relatives as much, etc, etc..(whatever the reason for the tat) I just don't need to wear it on my body. I'm secure enough.

Txbroadcaster
07-14-2009, 10:35 AM
that's nuts. You're implying non-tats don't love their children as much, don't miss their dead friends and relatives as much, etc, etc..(whatever the reason for the tat) I just don't need to wear it on my body. I'm secure enough.

hmm..please explain to me WHERE I said those that dont have tats dont love w/e it maybe enough to put a tatt on their body?

BuffyMars
07-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
Reminds me of when my wife got her's. She had a friend that wanted one and talked her into getting one too. They went one evening to get them, but my wife didn't mention to me that she had been talked into it by her friend. So, when I saw her putting the ointment on it, she said, "what do you think?". It was a rose vine on her shoulder blade. I told her, that it's a rose now, but when you're 75 it will look like a walmart bag blown into a barbed wire fence....:D

lol.

BuffyMars
07-14-2009, 10:38 AM

yeah thats jumping the gun a bit, lol.

CHS_CG
07-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Uhhh, they're all stupid

That is fine that your opinion is tats are stupid, but there is no need to put down the people who have them.. Thats would be like us saying you are inscure and stupid for not having one, which isn't true. Some people like them some people don't leave it at that.

BuffyMars
07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
and i dont give a flying hootenanny about what anybody thinks. just like i don't give a flying hootenanny if people don't get a tat. it ain't no one else's biz but their own. people are not stupid for getting tattoos. that is just plain ignorant. its just a collection of body art. art is interpretive.

i think the girl with the pearl earring is overrated. i think the mona lisa is overrated. i wouldnt hang those painting on my wall even if you paid me to! they are ugly! but thats my opinion so...:tongue:

CHS_CG
07-14-2009, 10:45 AM
and i dont give a flying hootenanny about what anybody thinks. just like i don't give a flying hootenanny if people don't get a tat. it ain't no one else's biz but their own. people are not stupid for getting tattoos. that is just plain ignorant. its just a collection of body art. art is interpretive.

i think the girl with the pearl earring is overrated. i think the mona lisa is overrated. i wouldnt hang those painting on my wall even if you paid me to! they are ugly! but thats my opinion so...:tongue:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 11:17 AM
hmm..please explain to me WHERE I said those that dont have tats dont love w/e it maybe enough to put a tatt on their body?

[i]or maybe option 3..people who WANT tatts choose things in life they love enough to put on their body. Those that DONT want them dont..kinda a simple idea.[/B]

You can't read your own post and see this? People get their kids name tattoed on themselves. They chose to have a kid. I had a kid and chose not to put a tat on my body. I love my kids but apparently I don't love them enough or I'd tattoo it. Unless you want to admit some ambiguity in your post....

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
That is fine that your opinion is tats are stupid, but there is no need to put down the people who have them.. Thats would be like us saying you are inscure and stupid for not having one, which isn't true. Some people like them some people don't leave it at that.

I'm not putting the people down - I just thing the sheep mentality leads to most people getting them these days.

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 11:21 AM

I'm glad you don't give a flying hootenanny. You might one day. However, if it's no one elses biz, why did you come on a public message board to advertise the fact?

Txbroadcaster
07-14-2009, 11:37 AM
You can't read your own post and see this? People get their kids name tattoed on themselves. They chose to have a kid. I had a kid and chose not to put a tat on my body. I love my kids but apparently I don't love them enough or I'd tattoo it. Unless you want to admit some ambiguity in your post....

dude talking about reading something that was NOT there

I said

those that WANT a tatt will choose things that mean something to them and use that as inspiration for a tatt..those that DONT want a tatt will not do this.

How does that say ANYTHING at all about loving something or someone more?

CHS_CG
07-14-2009, 11:51 AM

How does that say ANYTHING at all about loving something or someone more?

because he's a dumbass that wants to come on the thread just to start crap.

BuffyMars
07-14-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm glad you don't give a flying hootenanny. You might one day. However, if it's no one elses biz, why did you come on a public message board to advertise the fact?

i dont care what anyone else thinks...you are reading into this thread waaaaay too much.

i mean i dont care if no one else likes the tat. but i can still post about it. and i can still NOT care what people say about it. good or bad. :rolleyes:

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
because he's a dumbass that wants to come on the thread just to start crap.

I'm not starting anything. I have an opinion that differs from yours. OK, how about this? You're so brave and adventuresome to get a tattoo. I admire you. There - are we interweb buds now?

Txbroadcaster
07-14-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm not starting anything. I have an opinion that differs from yours. OK, how about this? You're so brave and adventuresome to get a tattoo. I admire you. There - are we interweb buds now?

I still want to know how you read into what i said the way u did

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 12:32 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[i]or maybe option 3..people who WANT tatts choose things in life they love enough to put on their body. Those that DONT want them dont ..kinda a simple idea.[/B]

because it was open to ambiguity.

look at the highlighted word. "dont" can mean they don't get tattoos or it can mean some people do not choose things important enough to get tattoos.

ronwx5x
07-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Since this now a thread about the pro's and con's of tattoos, I'll throw in my two cents. Everyone knows a penny is just about worthless, so two pennies are not much either!. I don't care for visible tattoos and I never got one. I suppose if a person has one, my own opinion does not lead me to think it is art or even pretty. Heck, my 30 year old daughter has one. That does not make me like it, but I assure you that my opinion will not change the fact and certainly did not stop her from getting one. I think many will regret it later. But what the heck, if it's what they want and doesn't offend by vulgarity, just forget it.

Now as someone who has been in a position of making hiring decisions, I probably would lean away from hiring a person who has visible tattoos just because I believe there are people who are offended by them. Just a fact, not necessarily my worthless opinion. If they are not visible, I'll never know and could care less.

But then, I'm also old, so young people couldn't care less about my opinion. Sort of like ads and movies, they are not aimed at my part of the consuming public.

:p

pirate4state
07-14-2009, 01:14 PM
interesting

44INAROW
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
interesting
no joke - I was thinking the same thing... :eek:

OldBison75
07-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Buffy,
I don't have any tatoos, and as far as I know none of my kids do either. We kinda work on the don't ask -- don't tell rule as far as tatoos and piercings are concerned. That said, I really don't see much problem with either if they are not overdone. A simple tattoo that holds a special significance for the wearer and does not offend others is not a bad thing. I think that the piercings fall in the same category. I am not fond of seeing someone with tatoos everywhere and more metal stuck in thier face and body than a 1956 Chevy.

PLUS--I guarantee you that there aren't too many guys that don't get a little curious about a cute tatoo on the body of a member of the opposite sex or a pierced belly button. They wonder what and where else there might be some decorating. Some are too "pure" to admit that they get a little thrill outta seeing these things on some women.

Granted -- You can put things on a beautiful body and not take away from the overall picture in your mind. But , the same thing on a not attractive body can make you say things like "UUUUUGH!!! and NOOOOO!!!!! A rose in the back of a beautiful, toned, and tanned shoulder blade is sexy. A rose on a whale might remind you of blood spatter from the slain animals that the wearer has eaten. WHOOPS!!! Went too far with that.

AP Panther Fan
07-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Awwww, this thread brought back "old" memories. I started one of these when my son was probably a sophomore or junior in high school and wanting to get a tattoo. The opinions from the Board were much the same then as they are now.

Just an fyi, my son is now 21, is still talking about getting one and I am still trying to discourage him. One of these days, I will have to start a thread...

HE DID IT!

:D

Sweetwater Red
07-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey OldBison75...5 words for you...You sir are an
idiot.:doh:

PPHSfan
07-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Hey OldBison75...5 words for you...You sir are an
idiot.:doh:

This is not the insult thread.

OldBison75
07-14-2009, 07:42 PM
SWR and idiot I may be, but I am an honest one and will admit I have weaknesses and can be tolerant of those that don't necessarily agree with me.

Idiot--Bigot--I guess we are kinda kinfolks in a way huh!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
07-14-2009, 08:34 PM
This whole thread has been about people that
judge a book by its cover. I have no tattoos or
piercings. But have friends or work with people
that do and see no problem with it. I don't
judge people by their outward appearance and
It pushes my button when someone does. I
shouldn't have called you an idiot. But...well...
you pushed that button with your post.

Sweetwater Red
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey PPHS! I don't need you and what is it now?
150 IQ reminding me what thread I am on!:D

PPHSfan
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey PPHS! I don't need you and what is it now?
150 IQ reminding me what thread I am on!:D

If you ever put a complete sentence together, I might be able to understand you.:p

Sweetwater Red
07-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Okay...

I can't even challenge that insult. I have always
sucked at English, even when I was getting a
secondary education. :doh:

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 08:55 PM

everyone is judged all the time. I think this crosses the line as far as appearance goes - someone chose to put that on their body as opposed to being born with certain attributes.

ronwx5x
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
How about a pit bull with a big ol' tattoo and pierced ears?

Sweetwater Red
07-14-2009, 09:24 PM
That depends ron. Would you hire that pitbull?
:thinking:

PPHSfan
07-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Guess those with piercings and tattoos that want to work in a professional environment, wouldn't have a problem if some fat bastard serving them at McDonalds wore a wife beater and a miniskirt to work then either.

The ole goose and gander.

DDBooger
07-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Guess those with piercings and tattoos that want to work in a professional environment, wouldn't have a problem if some fat bastard serving them at McDonalds wore a wife beater and a miniskirt to work then either.

The ole goose and gander. I don't know why, but this made me laugh :D

OldBison75
07-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Red, I don't quite understand where you're coming from on how I becme too judgemental about people with tatoos or piercings. I clearly said that I did not see a problem with them if they were tasteful and not overdone. My comment at the end about some people just don't look good with some things was followed by a statement that I went too far. However, I will say that it is not bad to find how someone looks to be distasteful. I mean, a 400 pound woman in a bodysuit is not tasteful to me just like I can't stand to see men wear thier pants so low that every time they bend over they moon me. That is a judgement of the personal appearance not about the quality of person they are. For that matter, some of the best people I know are also some of the least fashion conscious and downright homey people I know--but, they will work harder, smile more, and always be there when I need a friend. Just because they don't dress like me, hold all my values, or share my likes and dislikes, does not mean I can't accept them.

ronwx5x
07-15-2009, 09:09 AM
That depends ron. Would you hire that pitbull?
:thinking:

For security, yes. Those tats and piercings make them look fiercer!:D

BuffyMars
07-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Buffy,
I don't have any tatoos, and as far as I know none of my kids do either. We kinda work on the don't ask -- don't tell rule as far as tatoos and piercings are concerned. That said, I really don't see much problem with either if they are not overdone. A simple tattoo that holds a special significance for the wearer and does not offend others is not a bad thing. I think that the piercings fall in the same category. I am not fond of seeing someone with tatoos everywhere and more metal stuck in thier face and body than a 1956 Chevy.

PLUS--I guarantee you that there aren't too many guys that don't get a little curious about a cute tatoo on the body of a member of the opposite sex or a pierced belly button. They wonder what and where else there might be some decorating. Some are too "pure" to admit that they get a little thrill outta seeing these things on some women.

Granted -- You can put things on a beautiful body and not take away from the overall picture in your mind. But , the same thing on a not attractive body can make you say things like "UUUUUGH!!! and NOOOOO!!!!! A rose in the back of a beautiful, toned, and tanned shoulder blade is sexy. A rose on a whale might remind you of blood spatter from the slain animals that the wearer has eaten. WHOOPS!!! Went too far with that.

lol.

.....and me personally, i prefer mine to not be visible unless i wear my bathing or birthday suit. no one at work knows i have them except my friends.

however if i could get a way with it professionally, i would soooo get a sleeve.

different strokes for different folks! if we were all alike...it would be a very very boring world.

SintonFan
07-15-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't see where "this whole thread has been about people that judge a book by it's cover." What's wrong with a little constructive criticism or honest opinions? It is hard not to judge others by their outward experience sometimes. It happens all the time. Heck, I saw an extremely clean cut "homeless" guy rake in $200+ in three minutes while I was waiting at a red light on I-10.:eek:
Hey!
What are yalls views on a person getting a tattoo of their mate's initials?