PDA

View Full Version : mary's cafe in strawn

jason
07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
went there for the first time tonight...

didn't live up to all the hype - their 'huge' chicken fried steak is just 3 of them on one plate and it wasnt that good, ive definitely had better....

definitely not worth what you pay for....

rockdale80
07-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by jason

didn't live up to all the hype - their 'huge' chicken fried steak is just 3 of them on one plate and it wasnt that good, ive definitely had better....

I think it can be hit or miss. Had it really good and have had it just average.

Emerson1
07-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I want to try out the Koffee Kup Kafe

BEAST
07-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think it can be hit or miss. Had it really good and have had it just average.

Me as well. When it's good, it's damn good.

BEAST

trojan37
07-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I want to try out the Koffee Kup Kafe

In Hico? If that's the one then it's very good. Their pies are amazing. Then you can go across the street to the Wiseman House and get some chocolate.

PurpleFreddy
07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
The thing about Mary's is that the CFS is skillet fried, not deep fried. So, if that's not your preference you might have been disappointed. Don't understand why it not being one gigantic steak (instead of three smaller steaks) is a problem.
I still swear by it. But you have to try other things on the menu, as well, including the frog legs and the mexican food.

PPHSfan
07-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by jason

You should pay more attention to my posts.

Bottom of this page. (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95527&perpage=15&highlight=myth&pagenumber=2)

Twirling Time
07-13-2009, 04:37 AM
I've heard a lot of good things about Mary's, but never been there and making a trip there requires a local team to make it out of Region II. :)

Anybody know of any good eatin' places in Greenville? I have to go there today.

Pick6
07-13-2009, 07:51 AM
I have no problem driving a couple of hours to eat at Mary's.

PurpleFreddy
07-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Two Senorita's is good.

Johnny Utah
07-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Marys is the bomb! The other food items are great as well. Koffee Kup Kafe(as it was once called) is average, but some really good pies. Smokestack in Thurber used to be good as well. I guess it is just a matter of opinion and what you grew up around. Cant beat Marys CFS and FISH BOWLS OF BEER!!! And....Mingus 5 miles away!

PurpleFreddy
07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
I've actually had a beer at the White House bar in Mingus.