PDA

View Full Version : Texas Prep Softball hosting poll on implementation of new softball pitching distance

18handicap
07-12-2009, 09:08 AM
I am hosting a poll on the Texas Prep Softball website's forum to vote on whether we all think the UIL should go ahead and move the pitching distance to 43' for this upcoming season (2010) or wait until the mandatory time (2011). You do not have to be a member of that forum to vote in this poll. We are going to present the results of the poll at the UIL Update meeting for softball coaches at 10:30 am on Thursday at the TGCA Summer Clinic in Austin. I will post results of that meeting on the Texas Prep Softball website and forum as soon as I can after that meeting has concluded.

My sources have told me that the UIL may be leaning to wait until 2011 season to implement this rule, but that isn't confirmed or set in stone. I believe they would like to hear from the coaches and fans of high school softball before making the final call on this rule.

So come on over and vote!

Forum page: www.texasprepsoftball.net/forums
Web page: www.texasprepsoftball.net

Old Green
07-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I am hosting a poll on the Texas Prep Softball website's forum to vote on whether we all think the UIL should go ahead and move the pitching distance to 43' for this upcoming season (2010) or wait until the mandatory time (2011). You do not have to be a member of that forum to vote in this poll. We are going to present the results of the poll at the UIL Update meeting for softball coaches at 10:30 am on Thursday at the TGCA Summer Clinic in Austin. I will post results of that meeting on the Texas Prep Softball website and forum as soon as I can after that meeting has concluded.

My sources have told me that the UIL may be leaning to wait until 2011 season to implement this rule, but that isn't confirmed or set in stone. I believe they would like to hear from the coaches and fans of high school softball before making the final call on this rule.

So come on over and vote!

Forum page: www.texasprepsoftball.net/forums
Web page: www.texasprepsoftball.net Sounds like a good move. I voted for it.

Rabid Cougar
07-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I voted for:
60'6" for pitching
90' for bases
325' fences

GreenMonster
07-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I voted for:
60'6" for pitching
90' for bases
325' fences

only 325???

Old Green
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM
ttt

Phil C
07-14-2009, 04:12 PM
The poll must be closed or else I couldn't find it. I don't know if I like it but I would have voted for it because if they are going to change it the girls might as well get used to it the sooner the better.

18handicap
07-15-2009, 02:25 AM
It's there! Yahoo did maintenance today so the forum was down for a little while. Here is the link straight to the page: http://www.texasprepsoftball.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=435&p=1691#p1691

Rumor in Austin says that the distance will not be moved for 2010 even though 89% of about 250 respondents want it moved now.

Phil C
07-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap
It's there! Yahoo did maintenance today so the forum was down for a little while. Here is the link straight to the page: http://www.texasprepsoftball.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=435&p=1691#p1691

Rumor in Austin says that the distance will not be moved for 2010 even though 89% of about 250 respondents want it moved now.

Thank you 18! I got my vote in. I had to scroll up the page when I got there to the poll so if anyone tries it and you aren't there just scroll up! It is still 88% in favor of having it in 2010 as of right now.

Phil C
07-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Hey 18 are they moving it back to help create more hitting and action and excitement? I can't see how it would help the pitchers.