PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you?

Cameron Crazy
07-12-2009, 01:47 AM
There are tons of things that annoy me. Like when I have to pay for peoples food when we go out to dinner, it doesn't really bother me to pay for you if I invite you. But, if you invite me and expect me to pay thats annoying.

What annoys you?

blowfish
07-12-2009, 09:21 AM
People in Abilene that have no clue what acceleration , and decelleration lanes are for. Also that they have no clue that their cars are equipped with turn signals!

pirate4state
07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
There are tons of things that annoy me. Like when I have to pay for peoples food when we go out to dinner, it doesn't really bother me to pay for you if I invite you. But, if you invite me and expect me to pay thats annoying.

What annoys you?

No, that's just bad manners. :D

Having to repeat myself annoys me.

STANG RED
07-12-2009, 11:31 AM
People who dont use their cruise control annoy the hell out of me. They usually fluctuate from 65 to 75. :mad:
I dont care what speed they drive, just pick one and drive it.

coach
07-12-2009, 12:00 PM
going to the strip club and none of them are good looking

trojan37
07-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Jerry Jones annoys me.

Electus Unus
07-12-2009, 12:58 PM
ignorance

Emerson1
07-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
But, if you invite me and expect me to pay thats annoying.
Wow and you actually paid? You know they just invited you just because you will pay for them. It's not annoying you are just stupid.

coach
07-12-2009, 01:08 PM
maybe cameron isnt stupid maybe he is just a nice person

pirate4state
07-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Wow and you actually paid? You know they just invited you just because you will pay for them. It's not annoying you are just stupid. He didn't say he paid for them, just himself.

Txbroadcaster
07-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Having to repeat myself annoys me.

huh? What did you say?

Ranger Mom
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
"Holier than thou" people.

snake_attack
07-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Brownwood posters. :D

LH Panther Mom
07-12-2009, 09:25 PM
BitDefender 2009 :rolleyes:

Looking4number8
07-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by snake_attack
Brownwood posters. :D

Dang man, you have not been here long enough to be bothered by us... You missed all the good stuff last year. I will work on really ticking you off!

TheDOCTORdre
07-12-2009, 11:10 PM
people who say they are sick and as soon as somebody calls them with something that they enjoy doing, they magically are healed by Christ and go out

PPHSfan
07-12-2009, 11:34 PM
18-23 year old Liberals who's minds have been twisted by College Professors.

Farmersfan
07-13-2009, 08:31 AM
People that annoy me really annoy me!

piratebg
07-13-2009, 08:49 AM
People who chew their gum, or food for that matter, with their mouth open.

Farmersfan
07-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
People who chew their gum, or food for that matter, with their mouth open.

Mouth Breathers are the worst!!!!!

BwdLions
07-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
18-23 year old Liberals who's minds have been twisted by College Professors.

I agree. They get a little help from liberal media too. That's one reason this country is in a downward spiral.

firstdown
07-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Lazy people.

Anyone with a sense of entitlement.

Sanger

Pick6
07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by firstdown

Sanger

That's funny.

What is Sanger good enough in to annoy Argyle?

BuffyMars
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
stupid people. actually the better question would be, "what does NOT annoy you crystal?"

to which i would reply, "i will have to get back to you on that."

lepfan
07-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Stupid people...and especially if those stupid people open their mouths with stupid comments. That annoys me.

firstdown
07-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
That's funny.

What is Sanger good enough in to annoy Argyle?

Not a thing. However they may be the most hateful bunch of fans I have been around. JMO

PPSTATEBOUND
07-14-2009, 12:05 PM
People who have no clue what a private phone conversation. means...I.E. most people who use cell phones in public.....Please, please go somewhere..NOBODy wants to listen to YOUR conversation.:clap:

Rocket Dad
07-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Tatoos on women ( very unattractive )
Out of control children
Phone sales

eagles_victory
07-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
I agree with you about 95 percent but I think if its a small tattoo that can be covered easy its not too bad.

Rocket Dad
07-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm talking about the ones that are very visible and on the upper arm ( like a man ). Also, the big ones on the lower leg and feet of women are ugly to me. I have even seen ones on women's necks and on their throats, bad idea.

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 12:27 PM

hahahahahhahahah!!!!!!:)

pirate4state
07-14-2009, 01:12 PM

LOL

Lion_Addict
07-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Dissing tats on women??? :rolleyes:

LOVE 'EM!!!! :devil: :D

pirate4state
07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

We'd gone so long without "the choir" :rolleyes:

waterboy
07-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
People who have no clue what a private phone conversation. means...I.E. most people who use cell phones in public.....Please, please go somewhere..NOBODy wants to listen to YOUR conversation.:clap:
Yeah, that irks me, too. We have customers come in all the time that are talking on their cell phones while you're trying to help them. I've gotten to where I don't even bother getting up until they get off the phone. I've got better things to do than to sit and wait for them to get off the phone! Geez!:mad:

BuckeyeNut
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Poeple that tell you how to raise your kids and what you should do when they act up, knowing that there kids are eather in Prison or Knocked up.:doh: :doh:

Ranger Mom
07-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Young mothers who act like you have never raised a child or potty trained one (or 3 for that matter) and proceed to do it "their" way and wonder after 3 months how come their child isn't trained yet!!!

Pick ME!! Pick ME!!

I know - I know!!!!!!

GRRRR!!!!!!

jason
07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Young mothers who act like you have never raised a child or potty trained one (or 3 for that matter) and proceed to do it "their" way and wonder after 3 months how come their child isn't trained yet!!!

Pick ME!! Pick ME!!

I know - I know!!!!!!

GRRRR!!!!!! just rub their nose in it and whip'em with a newspaper...

worked with dave...

and what annoys me is a heard of fat girls who are in skirts and cowboy boots thinking they look good and all you can see is their legs hanging over the sides of the boots....ugh.....

waterboy
07-14-2009, 02:17 PM

Pick ME!! Pick ME!!

I know - I know!!!!!!

GRRRR!!!!!!
Yeah, I know what you mean! It amazes me how some young people THINK they know it all, yet discount experience as something that is not the same as knowledge when, in reality, the vast majority of our knowledge is gained more from experience than in any book. Don't worry young 'uns, y'all will gain a lot more of your knowledge through experience than you ever will in any book. The more errors you make in your judgment, the more you will pay for it down the road, so you might want to listen to your elders.:thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster
07-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, I know what you mean! It amazes me how some young people THINK they know it all, yet discount experience as something that is not the same as knowledge when, in reality, the vast majority of our knowledge is gained more from experience than in any book. Don't worry young 'uns, y'all will gain a lot more of your knowledge through experience than you ever will in any book. The more errors you make in your judgment, the more you will pay for it down the road, so you might want to listen to your elders.:thumbsup:

and it amazes me how every elder will simply discount what a young person says because they are young and have not "lived"

Maybe of both sides would LISTEN to each other and not discount everything said simply because of age we might get somewhere

Pick6
07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
and it amazes me how every elder will simply discount what a young person says because they are young and have not "lived"

Maybe of both sides would LISTEN to each other and not discount everything said simply because of age we might get somewhere

The thing is, we've been where alot of the younger ones are. We know what lies ahead at that age. We said the same thing that is being said now. We eventually found out the older generation knows what they were talking about.

Txbroadcaster
07-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
The thing is, we've been where alot of the younger ones are. We know what lies ahead at that age. We said the same thing that is being said now. We eventually found out the older generation knows what they were talking about.

and that is why younger people should not discount the "elder" voice

But elders should not simply discount the young voice because they have not traveled down the path

waterboy
07-14-2009, 02:48 PM

True. We should all listen to each other regardless of the age difference. I'm not elderly, by the way! I'm only 47, but will be 48 next month. I don't discount anything people of the younger genre say, but I do take it with a grain of salt (so to speak), because there are a lot of things they say that remind me of me when I was their age. Oh, to be young and idealistic again!:D I was always told to respect my elders, and to listen to the voice of experience. I didn't always take their advice because, quite frankly, I didn't always agree with what they said, but I would at least listen. More times than not, what they said proved to be true in the end. You'll see what I'm talking about when you gain a few more years of experience. At least I'm counting on it.;)

Txbroadcaster
07-14-2009, 02:52 PM
True. We should all listen to each other regardless of the age difference. I'm not elderly, by the way! I'm only 47, but will be 48 next month. I don't discount anything people of the younger genre say, but I do take it with a grain of salt (so to speak), because there are a lot of things they say that remind me of me when I was their age. Oh, to be young and idealistic again!:D I was always told to respect my elders, and to listen to the voice of experience. I didn't always take their advice because, quite frankly, I didn't always agree with what they said, but I would at least listen. More times than not, what they said proved to be true in the end. You'll see what I'm talking about when you gain a few more years of experience. At least I'm counting on it.;)

The problem is..We label young people idealistic and oh they live in a fantasy world full of these great ideas that cannot be practicaly applied. But we dont really know that, because the ideas are almost always pushed aside as nothing but idealistic and expirence knows best..Well does it? Really?

exp means you lived the problem, does not mean you solved or even know how to solve it. Telling someone to avoid it is not a solution it is avoidance. Sometime maybe someone should actually try to apply these ideals...Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were young idealistic people at one time, they bucked the exp is the key and all they did was create a technical revolution that rivals the industrial boom.

pirate4state
07-14-2009, 02:56 PM
:blahblah:

whippersnappers

:inlove:

DaHop72
07-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:blahblah:

whippersnappers

:inlove: Some things just tend to give me a headache. Pass the Advil please. :D :D

waterboy
07-14-2009, 04:11 PM
The problem is..We label young people idealistic and oh they live in a fantasy world full of these great ideas that cannot be practicaly applied.
I agree with you to a point. However, I don't discount ideas because of a person's age. Sometimes, ideas are good ones, and with the right elements in place can be practically applied. The problem is sometimes those elements will never be in place for its practical application. That's just reality, and a lot of times those ideas have already been tried.

But we dont really know that, because the ideas are almost always pushed aside as nothing but idealistic and expirence knows best..Well does it? Really?
Ideas are pushed aside sometimes because it has already been tried, hence experience. Yes, experience matters, especially where radical ideas might do more harm than good.

exp means you lived the problem, does not mean you solved or even know how to solve it. Telling someone to avoid it is not a solution it is avoidance. Sometime maybe someone should actually try to apply these ideals...Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were young idealistic people at one time, they bucked the exp is the key and all they did was create a technical revolution that rivals the industrial boom.
In order to solve a problem, you have to know the problem, and its root cause. Sometimes the root cause of a problem is something people do not want to face, and in order to solve it, those fears must be overcome. Experience will tell you that the powers that be will not address the root cause, which for lack of a better term, is just pissing in the wind. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had an idea that made them billionaires, but that was for personal gain more than it was for the good of the world, and they started from scratch, which made it much easier to solve any problem that arose.

Ranger Mom
07-14-2009, 04:24 PM
STOP!!!!

I was just talking about potty training here...not solving life's problems!!

Trust me on this....when you put a child on a potty for one day consistently...and then you let her pee in a pullup/diaper the next two days...she is NOT going to learn anything!!

That is all I was saying!!

Good grief.....you guys just LOVE to argue about things that neither of you are ever gonna agree on, I think y'all just like to hear yourselves talk(type?)

It's annoying!!!

HEY!!! I got this thread back on track and I didn't even mean to!!!!!:p :p

pirate4state
07-14-2009, 04:27 PM
HA! HA! HA! HA!

Txbroadcaster
07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
STOP!!!!

Good grief.....you guys just LOVE to argue about things that neither of you are ever gonna agree on, I think y'all just like to hear yourselves talk(type?)

uhh this would be a REAL boring message board if everyone agreed on everything

it would basically be this

First post

I think this about situation A

Rest of thread would be this

yep

I agree

right on

your right

yeppers

and so on

PPHSfan
07-14-2009, 05:02 PM
STOP!!!!

Trust me on this....when you put a child on a potty for one day consistently...and then you let her pee in a pullup/diaper the next two days...she is NOT going to learn anything!!

It's annoying!!!

You had me at STOP!

waterboy
07-14-2009, 05:03 PM
STOP!!!!

It's annoying!!!

Dadgummit, Mom! Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers!:D

I raised 2 girls, and never had any problems toilet training them. They basically went straight from a diaper to wearing panties. They were easy, and were completely trained by 2-1/2 years old. I guess we were just lucky.:)

Ranger Mom
07-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Dadgummit, Mom! Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers!:D

I raised 2 girls, and never had any problems toilet training them. They basically went straight from a diaper to wearing panties. They were easy, and were completely trained by 2-1/2 years old. I guess we were just lucky.:)

If I was the one in charge of potty training, she would be done by now too!!!

I just got off the phone with an obnoxious accountant and discovered another thing that annoys me......

people who try to finish my sentence for me!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I finally just shut up and sat here....when there was a long silence she said, "hello?? are you there??" and I said, "well since you already obviously know what I am going to say, I don't know why you even bothered to call me."

Farmersfan
07-15-2009, 09:45 AM
I work for government and sometimes get tired of "Citizens" who think I work for them personally. At least once a week I run across someone who reminds me that I work for them so I am obligated to sit and listen to their ideas on how I should do my job. I use to be confrontational and try to put them in their place but it almost never worked so now I just smile and nod. If it gets too bad I walk away and tell them to put it in a letter and I would make sure the right people get it. As much as I like a good heated discussion about a subject I'm passionate about I never feel good about argueing with a redneck on the side of the road. If you win you have made an enemy and life is too short to be making enemies. (I do enough of that on this anonymous forum)

lostaussie
07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah, that irks me, too. We have customers come in all the time that are talking on their cell phones while you're trying to help them. I've gotten to where I don't even bother getting up until they get off the phone. I've got better things to do than to sit and wait for them to get off the phone! Geez!:mad: remind me not to come in to buy something while I'm on a call!!!! :D

waterboy
07-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
remind me not to come in to buy something while I'm on a call!!!! :D
:D It's okay to a point. At least when you do it, you acknowledge that I'm trying to help you. Those that won't break up their conversation long enough to tell me what they need are the ones that bother me. You're okay. Good to see you back! Did you enjoy your weekend escapades?:D

AP Panther Fan
07-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Poor customer service annoys me.

It is obvious when people do not like their jobs enough to put forth any type of effort. They just think they DESERVE that paycheck regardless of how badly they present themselves to customers.

I think they DESERVE a swift kick out the front door and to be replaced by someone that cares about good work ethics.

44INAROW
07-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Poor customer service annoys me.

It is obvious when people do not like their jobs enough to put forth any type of effort. They just think they DESERVE that paycheck regardless of how badly they present themselves to customers.

I think they DESERVE a swift kick out the front door and to be replaced by someone that cares about good work ethics.

Preach it Sista.............. I hear you... :)

I'd get on my soap box and say what irks me but it would probably get a hairy mess started and then it would turn political and no telling where it would go after that, so instead of putting a fellow moderator in a position to ROM me so I'll just keep my opinion to myself.. :D

lostaussie
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
: You're okay. Good to see you back! Did you enjoy your weekend escapades?:D Still got some sand in my crack:D

AP Panther Fan
07-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

I'd get on my soap box and say what irks me but it would probably get a hairy mess started and then it would turn political and no telling where it would go after that, so instead of putting a fellow moderator in a position to ROM me so I'll just keep my opinion to myself.. :D

Well that isn't much fun...I want to hear about what annoys you! More than that I want you to ruffle feathers, now that would be entertainment.

Not much happening around here these days, huh? :sleeping:

Phantom Stang
07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Yep, and it's become an epidemic.

snake_attack
07-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Dang man, you have not been here long enough to be bothered by us... You missed all the good stuff last year. I will work on really ticking you off!

O i have been here for a long time i just dont post very often.

rockdale80
07-15-2009, 06:04 PM
The problem is..We label young people idealistic and oh they live in a fantasy world full of these great ideas that cannot be practicaly applied. But we dont really know that, because the ideas are almost always pushed aside as nothing but idealistic and expirence knows best..Well does it? Really?

hahahaha....well what do you know? You need to get your head out of the clouds and stop living in fantasy land. :D

SintonFan
07-16-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm in between the "whippersnappers" and "Old Farts"...
so I annoy the heck out of both. Or is it the other way around?:thinking:
Seriously, 100+ degree weather days and droughts annoy me.:nerd:

DaHop72
07-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Preach it Sista.............. I hear you... :)

I'd get on my soap box and say what irks me but it would probably get a hairy mess started and then it would turn political and no telling where it would go after that, so instead of putting a fellow moderator in a position to ROM me so I'll just keep my opinion to myself.. :D Go for it!!!!:D :D