PDA

View Full Version : Sherman ISD applicants ... a few 2A/3A names on the list and a bunch of retreads

Twirling Time
07-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Interesting collection of names that applied. I think if Kinne hadn't blown everyone away, Bomar would've gotten the job if they hadn't have stayed in-house this late.

http://www.heralddemocrat.com/hd/Sports/7-9-SHS-applicant-list

HEMOTOXIC
07-11-2009, 04:34 AM
Wow, that dude is really pissed about the list of applicants being published. See bottom of page.

I. B. Watching
07-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Has Jerry Bomar had any success to speak of in the last 20 years? I wonder if the guy from Brenham is the father of that quarterback at LSU. Seems like they were from Brownwood?

bigwood33
07-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Coach Bomar has done a good job a Callisburg and is a Sherman High grad. I think the only playoff wins in school history have been under Bomar's direction. Yes, Coach Lee is Jarret Lee's dad and yes, he went from Brownwood to Brenham.

I can't believe that a girls track coach would even waste his time applying for an AD/HFC 4A job. Did he think the "girls track" thing would sneak by everyone?:confused:

I. B. Watching
07-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33

I can't believe that a girls track coach would even waste his time applying for an AD/HFC 4A job. Did he think the "girls track" thing would sneak by everyone?:confused:
Lol, good one. I'll bet he's glad you are not on the selection committee! haha

bigwood33
07-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
Lol, good one. I'll bet he's glad you are not on the selection committee! haha
I must not have been the only one with that opinion, he didn't get an interview;)

wildstangs
07-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Coach Bomar has done a good job a Callisburg and is a Sherman High grad. I think the only playoff wins in school history have been under Bomar's direction. Yes, Coach Lee is Jarret Lee's dad and yes, he went from Brownwood to Brenham.

I would bet that he has some experience coaching football at some point in his life.

bigwood33
07-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I would bet that he has some experience coaching football at some point in his life.
Maybe so but no one makes the "girls track" to 4A- AD/HFC job in Texas...even GA wouldn't get an interview.

Pick6
07-11-2009, 09:50 AM
I wish Bomar would of gotten that job. It would of helped the whole athletic program at Callisburg if he left.

bigwood33
07-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I wish Bomar would of gotten that job. It would of helped the whole athletic program at Callisburg if he left.
He does focus on just one thing...but that is why he was hired. They should probably split the AD/HFC postion and make him the HFC and hire a separate AD. I know a guy who used to be on staff there (boys thump/thump coach) and he doesn't have much nice to say about him.

Pick6
07-11-2009, 10:02 AM
He does focus on just one thing...but that is why he was hired. They should probably split the AD/HFC postion and make him the HFC and hire a separate AD. I know a guy who used to be on staff there (boys thump/thump coach) and he doesn't much nice to say about him.

That guy you know was/is a good basketball coach. He got the shaft according to my source.

GreenMonster
07-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Is Mark White from Early the same Mark White that was previously at Bowie and is a Vernon High School alumnus? If so, I had kind of wondered where he had gone. His brother Brett was one of my coaches in HS and his dad Carl ran White's Sporting Goods for years selling to high schools across the state. I don't know him personally, but from what I can remember seems like he had an awful temper and had a hard time controlling it which led to his ouster in Bowie.

slingshot
07-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Is Mark White from Early the same Mark White that was previously at Bowie and is a Vernon High School alumnus? If so, I had kind of wondered where he had gone. His brother Brett was one of my coaches in HS and his dad Carl ran White's Sporting Goods for years selling to high schools across the state. I don't know him personally, but from what I can remember seems like he had an awful temper and had a hard time controlling it which led to his ouster in Bowie. I thought Tindol was HC at Early??? Did he move on? I must have missed something...

Gsquared
07-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
I thought Tindol was HC at Early??? Did he move on? I must have missed something...
Unless something happend in the offseason, Robbie is still the General at Early

GreenMonster
07-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Unless something happend in the offseason, Robbie is still the General at Early

According to the article from the link to the Sherman paper, "Mark White, Early Hd Coach/AD." I truly do not know, I was just quoting the article.

Trashman
07-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Is Mark White from Early the same Mark White that was previously at Bowie and is a Vernon High School alumnus? If so, I had kind of wondered where he had gone. His brother Brett was one of my coaches in HS and his dad Carl ran White's Sporting Goods for years selling to high schools across the state. I don't know him personally, but from what I can remember seems like he had an awful temper and had a hard time controlling it which led to his ouster in Bowie.

Coach White was in Early before Tindol. I understand his temper got him fired.