PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood locals

87 TIGER
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I will be spending a week in Brownwood starting on July 19th for a state softball tournament. I need info on where to stay or not to stay, and good places to eat. I need to know asap because I need to book our rooms tomorrow. thanks

squid
07-10-2009, 04:05 PM
DO NOT eat at Underwoods, Section Hand or Humphrey Pete's!!

I dont like standing in line........

injuredinmelee
07-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Humphrey Petes is my fav place in that area to eat. Section Hand is also great. Underwoods side items are good also but their meat items arent that great... but hey thats just my opinion.

injuredinmelee
07-10-2009, 04:08 PM
stay at the Hampton Inn

Electus Unus
07-10-2009, 04:12 PM
If you get a chance go to the local Whataburger

garciap77
07-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
I will be spending a week in Brownwood starting on July 19th for a state softball tournament. I need info on where to stay or not to stay, and good places to eat. I need to know asap because I need to book our rooms tomorrow. thanks

Stay away from Lion_Addict's PAD! I mean CRIB! Too many wild women running around there!:D

;)

garciap77
07-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
If you get a chance go to the local Whataburger

IN EARLY!:D

;)

BwdLion_80
07-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Bring some cooler weather with you when you arrive. We just finished up the U15 girls district tournament here and it was way too hot for being outside. I will be calling in this tournament in Early. Places to stay, There is a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, La Quinta in Brownwood along with a Comfort Inn in Early. Are all very nice places to stay. There are other places to stay, but I would not recommend most of them.

As for eats, it depends on what you want. Fast food or sit down and eat. For a good breakfast, Skillets, Taco Millionaro and Section Hand are not too bad. For a good lunch or dinner, Humphrey Petes, Section Hand, Prima Pasta, Gomez, MiFamilia, and Underwoods are about the better ones. Fast food we have McDonalds, Wendy's, CiCi's, Whataburger, Chicken Express, Taco Bueno, Taco Bell, Schlotsky's, Subway. In (s)mall, there is a Chick-Fil-A and a Corn Dog 7. There is a asian food place in the mall too, but I don't eat that so I don't even know what the name of it is.

Looking4number8
07-10-2009, 10:38 PM

Are you coming for the U15 state tournament in Early or the High School Eligible tournament in Brownwood?

BwdLion_80
07-11-2009, 06:18 AM
The HSE tournament starts on 7-16 and runs through 7-19. The U15 tournament, in Early, starts 7-20.

87 TIGER
07-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Are you coming for the U15 state tournament in Early or the High School Eligible tournament in Brownwood? u 15 in Early on 7-20 I'll be in Brownwood on the 19th

87 TIGER
07-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Bring some cooler weather with you when you arrive. We just finished up the U15 girls district tournament here and it was way too hot for being outside. I will be calling in this tournament in Early. Places to stay, There is a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, La Quinta in Brownwood along with a Comfort Inn in Early. Are all very nice places to stay. There are other places to stay, but I would not recommend most of them.

As for eats, it depends on what you want. Fast food or sit down and eat. For a good breakfast, Skillets, Taco Millionaro and Section Hand are not too bad. For a good lunch or dinner, Humphrey Petes, Section Hand, Prima Pasta, Gomez, MiFamilia, and Underwoods are about the better ones. Fast food we have McDonalds, Wendy's, CiCi's, Whataburger, Chicken Express, Taco Bueno, Taco Bell, Schlotsky's, Subway. In (s)mall, there is a Chick-Fil-A and a Corn Dog 7. There is a asian food place in the mall too, but I don't eat that so I don't even know what the name of it is. Thanks for the info. Already booked Comfort Inn in Early. Look me up I am the coach for Rockdale Elite I'd like to meet ya. Thanks again

Johnny Utah
07-11-2009, 01:50 PM
The Fried Chicken at Underwoods along with the rolls and cobbler are great. Glad to see the future of Rockdale Softball is doing well.

BwdLion_80
07-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I will find you! It probably won't be all that hard, the 3 fields that they are using are all close to each other. I am pretty sure I will be there everyday for at least 2 games. Odds are I will call 1 of your games.

BwdLion_80
07-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Also, I will be at the coaches meeting on Sunday evening at Prima Pasta.

BILLYFRED0000
07-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
The Fried Chicken at Underwoods along with the rolls and cobbler are great. Glad to see the future of Rockdale Softball is doing well.

Yeah they always had good cobbler. Course last time I ate there I was at the Region tennis meet trying to get to state. I aint sayin how long ago that was.

87 TIGER
07-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Also, I will be at the coaches meeting on Sunday evening at Prima Pasta. Cool. What else is there to do on a sunday night in Brownwood? I'll be up there without the team on sunday, looking for something to do that night.

87 TIGER
07-13-2009, 05:58 PM
I will find you! It probably won't be all that hard, the 3 fields that they are using are all close to each other. I am pretty sure I will be there everyday for at least 2 games. Odds are I will call 1 of your games. Let me guess you'll be wearing blue

Looking4number8
07-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Cool. What else is there to do on a sunday night in Brownwood? I'll be up there without the team on sunday, looking for something to do that night.

Well.... we have cable TV. Thats about it!

Trashman
07-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Cool. What else is there to do on a sunday night in Brownwood? I'll be up there without the team on sunday, looking for something to do that night.

The reason Brownwood has so many great restaurants, is that there is nothing to do here except eat. :D

87 TIGER
07-13-2009, 11:45 PM
So there really is nothing to do? Me and my assistant coach will be up on Sunday, no place at all to hang out and drink a pepsi or two?I guess we'll have to hang around the hotel.

BwdLion_80
07-14-2009, 05:45 AM
Let me guess you'll be wearing blue

Light blue, to be exact!

Lion_Addict
07-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Stay away from Lion_Addict's PAD! I mean CRIB! Too many wild women running around there!:D

;)

Hey man....... the bikinis have been frequenting the pool lately, Heh Heh!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex023.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Looking4number8
07-14-2009, 07:54 AM
So there really is nothing to do? Me and my assistant coach will be up on Sunday, no place at all to hang out and drink a pepsi or two?I guess we'll have to hang around the hotel.

The strip club just got closed down because Coach and his buddies were to wild.... blame it on him!

SWMustang
07-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
The reason Brownwood has so many great restaurants, is that there is nothing to do here except eat. :D

maybe there's a kegger outside of town

Trashman
07-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
maybe there's a kegger outside of town

Nawww......Keggers are held in the walmart parking lot, out of the back of a 62 ford pickup.:D

87 TIGER
07-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Just bringing this thread back to the top to see if there is anything else I need to know about the Wood. I'm leaving Sunday about 2pm hope to see some of yall.

BwdLion_80
07-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Coaches meeting at 7 at Prima Pasta. There is not much else to do on a Sunday afternoon, or any other afternoon, around here. The meeting will last about 1 1/2 hours or so. We will be wrapping up the HSE girls tourney at 1 (finals) or 3 (if game) that afternoon. See you at the meeting.

Matthew328
07-18-2009, 05:04 PM
There's a strip club in Brownwood or was??

Some places I like..

Smitty's BBQ
Gomez
Studabaker's
Skillets

Underwood's sides and rolls are ok...BBQ SUCKS...but I did hear the Fried Chicken was not bad

Looking4number8
07-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
There's a strip club in Brownwood or was??

Only the one at Lion Addicts appartment. He's a wild man!