PDA

View Full Version : Friday Morning Memories...

BreckTxLonghorn
07-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Driving into work this morning, I passed a Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse and saw FIVE abandoned cars in the parking lot. This caused me to start laughing out loud - seems like a few people celebrated the weekend a litttle too early, either getting unable to drive, or getting lucky. Either way, I know where I'm celebrating Happy Hour next Thursday.

This also brought on a ton of memories from driving to work or school or home on Friday mornings, and the things I saw: The stream of coeds taking 'the walk' during summer school, or the 3 year grads walking past them to class not knowing whether to be disgusted or jealous.

Anybody else seen some interesting things on a Friday morning?

Ranger Mom
07-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I always see picketers at the Planned Parenthood that is right down the road.

I guess Friday is "A-day!"

Kinda sad, but interesting!!

AP Panther Fan
07-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I always see picketers at the Planned Parenthood that is right down the road.

I guess Friday is "A-day!"

Kinda sad, but interesting!!

HEY...they do that in Corpus too! Freaks me out if I happen to drive by there.

BreckTxLonghorn
07-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah, they do that to protest the death penalty in Austin, but Friday afternoons instead of morning. But no good stories?

One time I remember waking up with one shoe on and the other shoe outside my front door! And I had to go to class right after finding it.

About a year ago I set up a dinner for our senior management on Thursday night. No one came in until after 10 the next day. The bill was not pretty, and the signature on it was an X.

44INAROW
07-10-2009, 01:46 PM
you know it's going to be a long Friday when you park in the driveway (at least it's still dark) pick up the morning newspaper, walk in the front door and hear your alarm going off. Getting home, in just enough time to shower and head to work.. AAHHH the memories....:D

BaseballUmp
07-10-2009, 01:51 PM
getting in at about 730 to shower and try and make it to class at 830 only to fall asleep 10 minutes before you were supposed to leave...and take a midterm exam

Ranger Mom
07-10-2009, 01:53 PM
I am ashamed to admit it, but here goes.

When I was 19 I was working in the Business Office of the Hospital!

One night I partied ALL night long, got dressed and went to work. I was sorting mail and putting it into the slots when all the sudden I got very light headed and passed out......I'm sure it was all the alcohol still surging through my system and ZERO sleep.

Since I was at the hospital I was rushed, via wheelchair, to the ER, where I was diagnosed as having the flu and was sent home for the rest of the day....with pay....I spent the rest of that day laying out at the pool.

That happened to be on a Friday!!

It only took me that ONE time to learn I can NEVER party all night when I had to go to work the next day!!!!!

Bull Butter
07-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you know it's going to be a long Friday when you park in the driveway (at least it's still dark) pick up the morning newspaper, walk in the front door and hear your alarm going off. Getting home, in just enough time to shower and head to work.. AAHHH the memories....:D

I can remember coming in once at about 5:30 AM(after a night of partying) only to meet my dad in the driveway as he was leaving for work. I gave him a big smile and a "Good Morning!". He didn't seem amused..............:confused:

lepfan
07-11-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I can remember coming in once at about 5:30 AM(after a night of partying) only to meet my dad in the driveway as he was leaving for work. I gave him a big smile and a "Good Morning!". He didn't seem amused..............:confused: I came rolling in one morning at about 6:30 after a night out...turned out lights out on the pick up as I drove slowly up the driveway (long driveway...pipes on the pick up) only to see my dad in the porch swing on the front porch sipping coffee. He twasn't happy.

CHS_CG
07-11-2009, 12:10 AM
My 21st birthday was on a Friday so a bunch of us went out for dinner and drinks then went out and partied. By the time the bars were closing my DD *along with some other friends that were drunk with me* were tryin to figure out how to get my butt out of the bar with cops all over the front, so they get me out the side door (it helped to know one of the bouncers, we used to work together when I was in high school) and my DD called a friend that didnt come out with us... he proceeds to call MY MOTHER and alert her to the fact I was on the way home but was completely smashed. I get home, have one person on either side of me and one behind me, get to my steps and look up and there is my mother laughing her butt off at me. She still wont let me live it down.

Rabid Cougar
07-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Waking up in the girls dorms before visitation hours to go to class. :inlove: