PDA

View Full Version : DDBooger

PPHSfan
07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
How come you never weigh in on MY political threads?:(

DDBooger
07-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
How come you never weigh in on MY political threads?:( I never see em? :confused: I love your weed idea! And believe it or not, I'm not a smoker, hate the stuff! :)

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
How come you never weigh in on MY political threads?:(
lol
He sees 'em...:D

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
He sees 'em...:D lol if your hinting I'm scared, haha YOU know better, how often do I stand on my own, actually almost all the time!

Maroon87
07-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey SF...how do you like Phil Danaher Field at Calallen Wildcat Stadium?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f324/bigtexan0/danaherfield.jpg

:cool:

griff
07-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
lol if your hinting I'm scared, haha YOU know better, how often do I stand on my own, actually almost all the time!

Yeah, there's not much common company among anarchists. What a sad, lonely, misguided existence.

Trashman
07-10-2009, 08:10 AM
lol if your hinting I'm scared, haha YOU know better, how often do I stand on my own, actually almost all the time!

And that my friend.....speaks volume's!:D :thumbsup:

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 09:02 AM
And you call me a sheep! Feel free to weigh in t-man, I guess in your mind not agreeing with me makes you a bastion of independent thought. ;)

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by griff
Yeah, there's not much common company among anarchists. What a sad, lonely, misguided existence. Actually, quite fulfilling and very happy, those that fall into two sheepish lines seem to be more sad to me, but hey, feel free to join in if you feel you have some nugget of knowledge I overllooked ;)

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Hey SF...how do you like Phil Danaher Field at Calallen Wildcat Stadium?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f324/bigtexan0/danaherfield.jpg

:cool:
Nice!:clap:

Trashman
07-10-2009, 10:10 AM
And you call me a sheep! Feel free to weigh in t-man, I guess in your mind not agreeing with me makes you a bastion of independent thought.

Actually...I find you quite hilarious. You remind me of 16 year old who thinks that they know everything.:D

........and no i don't disagree with everything you post.

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Actually...I find you quite hilarious. You remind me of 16 year old who thinks that they know everything.:D LOL and you remind me of an 80 year old in dementia who no longer knows a damn thing but calling people names, :thinking: who's the 16 y/o ;)

Trashman
07-10-2009, 10:16 AM
LOL and you remind me of an 80 year old in dementia who no longer knows a damn thing but calling people names, :thinking: who's the 16 y/o ;)

excuse me...........what were we discussing???

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 10:19 AM
excuse me...........what were we discussing??? Precisely! You've yet to throw in your nuggets of independently minded wisdom! But you've been a hell of a cheerleader! ;)

Trashman
07-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Precisely! You've yet to throw in your nuggets of independently minded wisdom! But you've been a hell of a cheerleader! ;)

Actually ......there are no independent thoughts...most if not all repeat what they learned elsewhere.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
07-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Y'all wear me out!!

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Y'all wear me out!! "Thats what she said"

pirate4state
07-10-2009, 10:34 AM
"Thats what she said"

bahahaha :D

Trashman
07-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Y'all wear me out!!

Hey RM....:kiss:

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Actually ......there are no independent thoughts...most if not all repeat what they learned elsewhere.:thinking: Your first excellent response, haha, seriously that is right, but most knowledge is fragmented, how you piece it together in a coherent fashion is a measure of ones critical analysis. I'd love to be 16 again though going into jr year, 2 a days not far away! :)

Farmersfan
07-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Actually ......there are no independent thoughts...most if not all repeat what they learned elsewhere.:thinking:

Amen! Some have a talent for touting their extensive research and throwing out their "FACTS" as being more valid than other's. But the truth is unless it's first hand knowledge it's nothing more than someone else's perspective.......
Now let it begin!!!

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Amen! Some have a talent for touting their extensive research and throwing out their "FACTS" as being more valid than other's. But the truth is unless it's first hand knowledge it's nothing more than someone else's perspective.......
Now let it begin!!! Precisely why I'm a social scientist specializing in global systems, ecological theory and human performance and health (change in medicine from healing to improving or better than well), never the less, critiquing existing knowledge and it's ability to explain social phenomena is relative to the limitations of a study. Quantitatively much easier to make prediction or explanations of trends.

pirate4state
07-10-2009, 11:02 AM
RUN AWAY! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg)

Trashman
07-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Precisely why I'm a social scientist specializing in global systems, ecological theory and human performance and health (change in medicine from healing to improving or better than well), never the less, critiquing existing knowledge and it's ability to explain social phenomena is relative to the limitations of a study. Quantitatively much easier to make prediction or explanations of trends.

All the while not not solving the problem.:clap:

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 11:28 AM
All the while not not solving the problem.:clap: well if I could alone I'd be a dictator, I suppose I could criticize others for trying and be a dimestore pragmatist as yourself! :D

Trashman
07-10-2009, 11:41 AM
dimestore pragmatist:D

Dime store is a little dated for such a young, educated, intelligent, man as yourself. Still, it is more proof that you are only regurgitating your professor's ideology. I prefer "Walmart Pragmatist". :D

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Dime store is a little dated for such a young, educated, intelligent, man as yourself. Still, it is more proof that you are only regurgitating your professor's ideology. I prefer "Walmart Pragmatist". :D Im 32 lol and the use of dimestore is an indication of what I know, hahaha your assertion is certainly an indication of your limitation. Your just another self described realist because you think others are dumb for reading lmao! Yet STILL you've said nothing to prove your acumen but plenty to question others!

Trashman
07-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Hey Booger, it's been nice, but I have to go load the van for a little trip south with the wife and kids. Have a good weekend and we will talk to you later.:D

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey Booger, it's been nice, but I have to go load the van for a little trip south with the wife and kids. Have a good weekend and we will talk to you later.:D Vaya con dios my friend!

OldBison75
07-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Booger, I just wanted to weigh in and say that I have a tremendous amount of respect for your opinions and positions on some of these political issues. I may not always agree with your position, sometimes a little and sometimes alot, but I admire your conviction to your beliefs. That is the central problem with our system today, too many people become so engrossed with Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, Left or Right, and forget to think for themselves. Neither philosophy will ever be perfect for any individuals belief's and some of eac platform will usually be the best for a given individual. You often come across as somewhat radical, but if you read the post with an open mind, I see that you seem to have some Democratic leanings with alot on centurist ideas. If you look back at the original framers of our constitutaion, you find that with the exception of religion, these men were centurists that tried to build a foundation on personal rights and government as a provider of opportunity, not a provider of every need. Both parties have lost the focus of the original founding fathers and they now range from government is the end all and do all to government should support those who can support them and to hell with the rest of us. The very best we can hope for in the current system is a person that holds the values of the politician that is a mix of the center of both parties, OR MORE BETTER--a new party that challenges the center of both parties and is not a radical subdivision of either.

Thanks for your thoughtful insight and I hope you will continue to speak out for what you believe.

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Booger, I just wanted to weigh in and say that I have a tremendous amount of respect for your opinions and positions on some of these political issues. I may not always agree with your position, sometimes a little and sometimes alot, but I admire your conviction to your beliefs. That is the central problem with our system today, too many people become so engrossed with Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative, Left or Right, and forget to think for themselves. Neither philosophy will ever be perfect for any individuals belief's and some of eac platform will usually be the best for a given individual. You often come across as somewhat radical, but if you read the post with an open mind, I see that you seem to have some Democratic leanings with alot on centurist ideas. If you look back at the original framers of our constitutaion, you find that with the exception of religion, these men were centurists that tried to build a foundation on personal rights and government as a provider of opportunity, not a provider of every need. Both parties have lost the focus of the original founding fathers and they now range from government is the end all and do all to government should support those who can support them and to hell with the rest of us. The very best we can hope for in the current system is a person that holds the values of the politician that is a mix of the center of both parties, OR MORE BETTER--a new party that challenges the center of both parties and is not a radical subdivision of either.

Thanks for your thoughtful insight and I hope you will continue to speak out for what you believe. Thanks :)
My allegiance is to my country, not to either political party, NEVER EVER will be.

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 08:46 PM
My allegiance is to my country, not to either political party, NEVER EVER will be.
But yet you attack only one side 90-99% of the time.:D

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
RUN AWAY! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg)
I found this on Wiki:
Jimmy Carter rabbit incident
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
The rabbit swimming away from the President

Dubbed the "killer rabbit" attack by the media, the Jimmy Carter rabbit incident involved a swamp rabbit that caught press imagination after furiously trying to board then-U.S. President Jimmy Carter's fishing boat on April 20, 1979.

Carter had gone on a solo fishing expedition in his hometown of Plains, Georgia when the rabbit approached his boat, "hissing menacingly, its teeth flashing and nostrils flared and making straight for the president",[1] trying desperately to enter the boat, causing Carter to flail at the swimming creature with the oars from his boat.

Upon returning to his office, Carter found his staff disbelieving of his story, insisting that rabbits couldn't swim, or that they would never approach a person threateningly.[2] A White House photographer had captured the incident on camera, however.[3]

Press Secretary Jody Powell mentioned the event to Associated Press correspondent Brooks Jackson on August 28, 1979, who filed the story with the wire service the following day. The story "President Attacked by Rabbit" was carried across the front page of The Washington Post, though the White House's refusal to release the photograph resulted in the newspaper using a cartoon parody of the Jaws poster labeled "PAWS" as its illustration.[1] The White House still refused to release the photograph of the incident to the media, until it turned up during the Reagan administration and the story saw another revival.
Carter shooing away the rabbit, at far right

In Press Secretary Powell's 1986 book The Other Side of the Story, he recounted the story as follows:

“Upon closer inspection, the animal turned out to be a rabbit. Not one of your cutesy, Easter Bunny-type rabbits, but one of those big splay-footed things that we called swamp rabbits when I was growing up.

“The animal was clearly in distress, or perhaps berserk. The President confessed to having had limited experience with enraged rabbits. He was unable to reach a definite conclusion about its state of mind. What was obvious, however, was that this large, wet animal, making strange hissing noises and gnashing its teeth, was intent upon climbing into the Presidential boat.”

The incident with the rabbit became fodder for those illustrating Carter's presidency as hapless and enfeebled.[4]
:D:D:D

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 09:42 PM
But yet you attack only one side 90-99% of the time.:D Well it's a pretty one sided board, again, when they start in with non-sense I'll reply, I have plenty for them as well :)
;) you guys have a good one, my little brother is getting hitched this weekend and the festivities are heating up, man o man Irish and Hispanic mix! The beer is flowing! Hahaha

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Well it's a pretty one sided board, again, when they start in with non-sense I'll reply, I have plenty for them as well :)
;) you guys have a good one, my little brother is getting hitched this weekend and the festivities are heating up, man o man Irish and Hispanic mix! The beer is flowing! Hahaha
Have fun and don't drink and drive!:)
Where is the board one-sided? It was pretty one-sided before the current administration...
you never answered the question. lol
Please don't tell me that "points of view" you don't agree with are nonsense. :eek:
Enjoy your weekend and be safe.:cool:

DDBooger
07-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Where is the board one-sided? It was pretty one-sided before the current administration...
LOL if you can't see it and if you can't acknowledge it, then your willfully blind. Sorry, this board like it or not bashes the left 90-99% of the time. If you disagree with me, well again, I can't force your eyes open.

you never answered the question. lol wasn't aware a question was being asked? Just saw a statement. LOL

Please don't tell me that "points of view" you don't agree with are nonsense. :eek:In the manner in which they're explained, certainly. Several times I don't refute said statement but expand to include the whole story not just the tidbit that persecutes one side over the other.