PDA

View Full Version : How to pump a Billion Dollars into the economy

PPHSfan
07-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Legalize marijuana and tax it like cigarettes.

Emerson1
07-09-2009, 07:22 PM
This is going to be interesting.

Keith7
07-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I vote yes

SintonFan
07-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Legalize marijuana and tax it like cigarettes.
really?
REALLY?
A couple of questions(ok a few)...
how do you determine if someone is legally too high to drive? A blood or piss test on sight?
Do the same rules apply to legalized marijuana as they do to alcohol for HazMat drivers? What is the legal cut-off for those who partake in this "now-legal" habit?
What standard do you use to determine if someone is legally too high?
Do we just invite all the gangs and cartels to suddenly become legitimate because they have the best distribution system?
If we legalize marijuana... why not other illegal drugs?
I know of a few people who believe as you do but much less have actually thought out the consequences(and had good answers to my questions lol).
Finally...
what do you use the theoretical billion dollars for? The last answer is much tougher imho... :nerd:

Blastoderm55
07-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Finally...
what do you use the theoretical billion dollars for? The last answer is much tougher imho... :nerd:

Probably to rehabilitate the junkies who become addicted. :p

SintonFan
07-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Probably to rehabilitate the junkies who become addicted. :p
Yes, that sounds good, but how does that actually happen when congress gets a hold of the money?

SintonFan
07-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I can answer this one. B/c marijuana only makes you a danger to others if you're driving or opperating heavy machinary(just like alcohol). Someone on crack, heroin, LSD, etc...can be a danger to others. What's the worse a pothead is gonna do, steal a sandwich?
No... they'll steal your water first. That could result in many deaths of dehydration of those who don't do this.:mad: :nerd:

Txbroadcaster
07-09-2009, 10:29 PM
really?
REALLY?
how do you determine if someone is legally too high to drive? A blood or piss test on sight?
Do the same rules apply to legalized marijuana as they do to alcohol for HazMat drivers? What is the legal cut-off for those who partake in this "now-legal" habit?
Do we just invite all the gangs and cartels to suddenly become legitimate because they have the best distribution system?
I know of a few people who believe as you do but much less have actually thought out the consequences(and had good answers to my questions lol).
Finally...

Look the reason weed is illegal has NOTHING to do with the effects. It was all about what Hemp would have done to the wood and paper industry, simple as that. The hypocrisy the government uses to keep illegal is crazy.

SintonFan
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Look the reason weed is illegal has NOTHING to do with the effects. It was all about what Hemp would have done to the wood and paper industry, simple as that. The hypocrisy the government uses to keep illegal is crazy.
Have you not smoked weed? Do you NOT know of it's effects?
If I agree to your argument about hemp... and we look at a small fact that Industrial hemp has a THC content of between 0.05 and 1% and marijuana has a THC content of 3% to 20%... is there a difference there? Yes there is. It will take alot of "hemp smoking" to achieve the same results as marijuana. lol
You might have a point about hemp's uses but we are not talking about hemp to begin with. We are talking about marijuana. That is what this topic is discussing.
Besides... synthetic products are superior to hemp's strength and durability today.

Txbroadcaster
07-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Have you not smoked weed? Do you NOT know of it's effects?
If I agree to your argument about hemp... and we look at a small fact that Industrial hemp has a THC content of between 0.05 and 1% and marijuana has a THC content of 3% to 20%... is there a difference there? Yes there is. It will take alot of "hemp smoking" to achieve the same results as marijuana. lol
You might have a point about hemp's uses but we are not talking about hemp to begin with. We are talking about marijuana. That is what this topic is discussing.
Besides... synthetic products are superior to hemp's strength and durability today.

you can paint it all you want, but the truth is Hearst made sure Hemp and weed would be illegal because he was afraid of what Hemp would do to his timberland

These are some of the things Weed supposedly would do to you based on the government back in the 30's

a violent narcotic.
acts of shocking violence.
incurable insanity.
soul-destroying effects.
under the influence of the drug he killed his entire family with an ax.
more vicious, more deadly even than these soul-destroying drugs (heroin, cocaine) is the menace of marihuana

All this was to push it as the violent drug...BUT the SAME guy..again the SAME guy (Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs) then in the 50's changed why it should be illegal..he then said because it made you easy prey to communism because it pacified you.

So they same guy who was the main cog changed the reason it should be illegal to fit the times.

pirate4state
07-09-2009, 11:02 PM
really?
REALLY?
Finally...

1. You ask them whether they were going to Whataburger or Taco Bell.
2. Why not? 21
3. Ask them their opinion on the universe and the meaning of life.
4. uhhhh, what was the question? What are we really talking about? Who are we?

:smoker: haha

SintonFan
07-09-2009, 11:15 PM
you can paint it all you want, but the truth is Hearst made sure Hemp and weed would be illegal because he was afraid of what Hemp would do to his timberland

These are some of the things Weed supposedly would do to you based on the government back in the 30's

a violent narcotic.
acts of shocking violence.
incurable insanity.
soul-destroying effects.
under the influence of the drug he killed his entire family with an ax.
more vicious, more deadly even than these soul-destroying drugs (heroin, cocaine) is the menace of marihuana

All this was to push it as the violent drug...BUT the SAME guy..again the SAME guy (Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs) then in the 50's changed why it should be illegal..he then said because it made you easy prey to communism because it pacified you.

So they same guy who was the main cog changed the reason it should be illegal to fit the times.
So did you change your argument to now include marijuana, instead of just hemp?

soul-destroying effects.
lol Really? I guess you have to believe in a soul first lol. Not saying you do but those under "pots" influence have a whole different meaning of "soul" imho.
Pacifists... lol
I'd say more people use it today than the 50's(I can't prove it but it seems more accepted to me today).
he then said because it made you easy prey to communism because it pacified you.
Does smoking weed make you a communist? No, but point out one pothead who wasn't somewhat a "pacifist"...lol
Txbroadcaster, I don't think you have made a valid argument on why it should be legalized. Just reasons on why it is today illegal. You need to make an argument on why it should be legalized...

:)

SintonFan
07-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
1. You ask them whether they were going to Whataburger or Taco Bell.
2. Why not? 21
3. Ask them their opinion on the universe and the meaning of life.
4. uhhhh, what was the question? What are we really talking about? Who are we?

:smoker: haha
Rofl!:clap: :D
:p

2. Why not? 21
What are the ramifications for those under21?

pirate4state
07-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Rofl!:clap: :D
:p

What are the ramifications for those under21?

What do you think they should be?

I'd be okay with it being the same as alcohol.

PPHSfan
07-09-2009, 11:25 PM
really?
REALLY?
A couple of questions(ok a few)...how do you determine if someone is legally too high to drive?
A blood or piss test on sight?
Finally...

Ok,

I'll try to answer them in order.

1. how do you determine if someone is legally too high to drive?

A: They will be the one in the right lane going 40mph on the freeway.

2. Do the same rules apply to legalized marijuana as they do to alcohol for HazMat drivers?

A: CDL operators would not be allowed to carry, possess, or be under the influence, just like they are not allowed to now. This rule applies to ALL CDL operators, not just HazMat drivers.

3. What is the legal cut-off for those who partake in this "now-legal" habit?

A: There is no such thing as Too Stoned. A pot smoker would NEVER waste good weed by smoking more than it takes to get high. Either you are high or you aren't. It has to do with the quality of the smoke, not how much you smoke.

4. Do we just invite all the gangs and cartels to suddenly become legitimate because they have the best distribution system?

A: That's like asking if Budweiser and Jack Daniels were criminals before prohibition.

5. If we legalize marijuana... why not other illegal drugs?

A: The only reason marijuana is illegal is because the lawmakers say it is. It's no different than asking why alcohol is NOT illegal. The only people who compare pot to heroin and methamphetamine, are people who have never smoked a good bowl of hydro.

6. Finally...
what do you use the theoretical billion dollars for?

My first suggestion would be to finance the war on drugs.

Txbroadcaster
07-09-2009, 11:46 PM
So did you change your argument to now include marijuana, instead of just hemp?

lol Really? I guess you have to believe in a soul first lol. Not saying you do but those under "pots" influence have a whole different meaning of "soul" imho.
Pacifists... lol
I'd say more people use it today than the 50's(I can't prove it but it seems more accepted to me today).
Does smoking weed make you a communist? No, but point out one pothead who wasn't somewhat a "pacifist"...lol
Txbroadcaster, I don't think you have made a valid argument on why it should be legalized. Just reasons on why it is today illegal. You need to make an argument on why it should be legalized...

where did I say I was making an argument to make it legal? I stated from my first post on here that it was hypocritical the way the Government ade it illegal that is all I have said

u keep saying Hemo and Weed like they are different..well the US Government does not distinguish them as seperate entities.

Hearst got the Government to use weed as the backdoor reason to make the whole thing illegal thus ending the threat to his acreage

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Ok,

I'll try to answer them in order.

1. how do you determine if someone is legally too high to drive?

2. Do the same rules apply to legalized marijuana as they do to alcohol for HazMat drivers?

A: CDL operators would not be allowed to carry, possess, or be under the influence, just like they are not allowed to now. This rule applies to ALL CDL operators, not just HazMat drivers.

3. What is the legal cut-off for those who partake in this "now-legal" habit?

A: There is no such thing as Too Stoned. A pot smoker would NEVER waste good weed by smoking more than it takes to get high. Either you are high or you aren't. It has to do with the quality of the smoke, not how much you smoke.

4. Do we just invite all the gangs and cartels to suddenly become legitimate because they have the best distribution system?

A: That's like asking if Budweiser and Jack Daniels were criminals before prohibition.

5. If we legalize marijuana... why not other illegal drugs?

A: The only reason marijuana is illegal is because the lawmakers say it is. It's no different than asking why alcohol is NOT illegal. The only people who compare pot to heroin and methamphetamine, are people who have never smoked a good bowl of hydro.

6. Finally...
what do you use the theoretical billion dollars for?

My first suggestion would be to finance the war on drugs.
Studies show that slow drivers cause more accidents than fast drivers.
Ok, THC stays in your system longer than alcohol... Yet a HazMat driver can have the weekend off, drink Friday night and Saturday night, and drive fine when he/she goes to work Monday morning. How can you make sure all HazMat and/or CDL drivers are not discriminated against?
You never answered the question. lol
What parallels are you trying to draw? The gap between the ban in prohibition and weed being banned is very different. Don't forget beer is considered ok today in moderation but marijuana still isn't.
Sure, I see your reason, but maybe you should talk to a few people who do Meth. Maybe we should legalize that stuff. (that is me not answering your question directly lol)
(A:)My first suggestion would be to finance the war on drugs.
Good luck getting that passed in today's environment.

:D

Txbroadcaster
07-10-2009, 12:12 AM

why it should be legalized...

Those quotes I used were from Government films in the 30's not my own

PPHSfan
07-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Sure, I see your reason, but maybe you should talk to a few people who do Meth. Maybe we should legalize that stuff. (that is me not answering your question directly lol)

I know several people who have done or do Meth, trust me on this one.
There isn't a single person hooked on Meth that thinks it should be legal. They just wish it was free.

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Those quotes I used were from Government films in the 30's not my own
Let me clarify:

lol Really? I guess you have to believe in a soul first lol. Not saying you don't but those under "pots" influence have a whole different meaning of "soul" imho.
I typed too fast and meant to type "don't" instead of "do".
Sorry there.
I have come to appreciate clarity over opinion.:)

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:22 AM
I know several people who have done or do Meth, trust me on this one.
There isn't a single person hooked on Meth that thinks it should be legal. They just wish it was free.
Still doesn't answer the question on whether it should be legalized or not.:nerd:

PPHSfan
07-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Still doesn't answer the question on whether it should be legalized or not.:nerd:

Ok, how about this.

There are millions of folks in the world who believe marijuana Should be legal. I challenge you to find me ONE person who thinks Meth should be.

Emerson1
07-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Meth = man made mix of chemicals right?
Pot = a God made plant.

Txbroadcaster
07-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Ok, how about this.

There are millions of folks in the world who believe marijuana Should be legal. I challenge you to find me ONE person who thinks Meth should be.

I am close..I really dont like the Government telling me what is good or bad for me, just my view and I know it is not a popular one, but that is how I feel.

WAY to many people are in prision for doing something to themselves and not involving others.

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Ok, how about this.

That still doesn't answer the question on why it should be legalized. Popular opinion and it's results are about to lead us down to our financial doom. Ask California about popular opinion...
If you legalize marijuana why not Meth or Cocaine?:thinking:

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:30 AM
WAY to many people are in prision for doing something to themselves and not involving others.
Isn't that like a "cliche"?:eek:

Txbroadcaster
07-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Isn't that like a "cliche"?:eek:

huh?

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Pot = a God made plant.
Wonderful...
So God told you to smoke it? :D

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:33 AM
huh?
Sorry, I take alot of heat for those.:doh:
I think most of those in prison aren't there long for "recreational use".
:nerd:

Emerson1
07-10-2009, 12:34 AM
Wonderful...
So God told you to smoke it? :D
I'm way to cheap to spend money on crap like that.

PPHSfan
07-10-2009, 12:34 AM
That still doesn't answer the question on why it should be legalized. Popular opinion and it's results are about to lead us down to our financial doom. Ask California about popular opinion...
If you legalize marijuana why not Meth or Cocaine?:thinking:

A better question is why is it illegal? Everything on the Earth was legal until God or Man said it wasn't.

That's what's wrong with our society.

Trivial laws lessen the important ones.

It should be legal because it should have never been illegal.

Txbroadcaster
07-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Sorry, I take alot of heat for those.:doh:
I think most of those in prison aren't there long for "recreational use".
:nerd:

in 1999 California State Jails had almost 20K in prision for nothing more than drug possesion

http://www.prop36.org/pdf/P36_drops_Prison_Pops.pdf

In 2007 the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) estimated that there were about 1,841,200 state and local arrests for drug abuse violations in the United States.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/dcf/enforce.htm

In 1987 drug arrests were 7.4% of the total of all arrests reported to the FBI; by 2007, drug arrests had risen to 13.0% of all arrests

In 2006, according to the UCR, law enforcement agencies nationwide made an estimated 14 million arrests for all criminal infractions except traffic violations. Among the specific categories, the highest arrest counts were --

1.9 million for drug abuse violations;
approximately 1.4 million for driving under the influence;
1.3 million for simple assaults; and
1.2 million for larceny-thefts.

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:42 AM
A better question is why is it illegal? Everything on the Earth was legal until God or Man said it wasn't.

That's what's wrong with our society.

Trivial laws lessen the important ones.

It should be legal because it should have never been illegal.
So what you are saying is that we have no right to judge each other? Only God can judge us?:doh: (I am not trying to put words in your mouth, just looking for clarity)
I think in today's day and age legalizing anything has major consequences...
just look at what Ax commercials have done for boys? What kind of commercials do you think you'll see with "pot"?
*Hey man... go to Taco Bell...
and pick up a joint for the ride home*:eek: :doh:

Txbroadcaster
07-10-2009, 12:46 AM

just look at what Ax commercials have done for boys? What kind of commercials do you think you'll see with "pot"?

Just like with hard liquor and Ciggys you dont allow hardly any advertising at all

and what has the Axe commercials done for boys?

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 12:47 AM
Just like with hard liquor and Ciggys you dont allow hardly any advertising at all

and what has the Axe commercials done for boys? according to the commercials get laid! haha

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:48 AM
in 1999 California State Jails had almost 20K in prision for nothing more than drug possesion

http://www.prop36.org/pdf/P36_drops_Prison_Pops.pdf

In 2007 the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reports (UCR) estimated that there were about 1,841,200 state and local arrests for drug abuse violations in the United States.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/dcf/enforce.htm

In 1987 drug arrests were 7.4% of the total of all arrests reported to the FBI; by 2007, drug arrests had risen to 13.0% of all arrests

In 2006, according to the UCR, law enforcement agencies nationwide made an estimated 14 million arrests for all criminal infractions except traffic violations. Among the specific categories, the highest arrest counts were --

1.9 million for drug abuse violations;
approximately 1.4 million for driving under the influence;
1.3 million for simple assaults; and
1.2 million for larceny-thefts.
Blah Blah...
where are the stats for "Marijuana/cocaine/meth distribution"? I'm sure those doing time there had longer jail times. So your stats argument is that lots of people are in jail for something that is illegal? If you make weed legal show me where your stats will improve(it is harder to prove)?
Just what are you trying to say?

PPHSfan
07-10-2009, 12:49 AM
So what you are saying is that we have no right to judge each other? Only God can judge us?:doh: (I am not trying to put words in your mouth, just looking for clarity)
I think in today's day and age legalizing anything has major consequences...

I answered your question. I told you why it should be legal. Not sure what you mean by not having a right to judge each other.

My point was pretty simple. Don't know why you read something else into it.

The only reason we have to "legalize" something, is because someone in the past made the mistake of making it illegal.

Maybe you've heard of things like giving women and blacks the right to vote.

Saying it's ok to sell batteries and film on Sunday in Texas.

You know, stupid laws that went out of style.:)

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:50 AM

and what has the Axe commercials done for boys?
So you are gonna pass that law yourself? Tell me how. If weed is legalized then imagine just how much power the cartels will have to make sure they advertise.:thinking:

PPHSfan
07-10-2009, 12:52 AM
So you are gonna pass that law yourself? Tell me how. If weed is legalized then imagine just how much power the cartels will have to make sure they advertise.:thinking:

The cartels are the Last ones who want it legalized. It will put them out of business. Uncle Sam can grow much better weed than the Mexicans.

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 12:52 AM
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: this is a great thread!

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 12:53 AM
The cartels are the Last ones who want it legalized. It will put them out of business. Uncle Sam can grow much better weed than the Mexicans. I don't know dude, their stuff is pretty high grade lmao ;) where would you suggest it be grown?

PPHSfan
07-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I don't know dude, their stuff is pretty high grade lmao ;) where would you suggest it be grown?

The best stuff on the market right now is grown inside an apartment in Arlington Texas.

SintonFan
07-10-2009, 12:55 AM

The only reason we have to "legalize" something, is because someone in the past made the mistake of making it illegal.

Maybe you've heard of things like giving women and blacks the right to vote.

You know, stupid laws that went out of style.:)
The analogy about voting rights has no place here. You know that. Women and African-Americans could smoke all they want and STILL get arrested for voting. Not funny or close.
OK, you say that making pot illegal was a mistake. Sure. I disagree with that. I'm sure there were more reasons to ban it when it was banned.:nerd:

PPHSfan
07-10-2009, 12:56 AM
The analogy about voting rights has no place here. You know that. Women and African-Americans could smoke all they want and STILL get arrested for voting. Not funny or close.
OK, you say that making pot illegal was a mistake. Sure. I disagree with that. I'm sure there were more reasons to ban it when it was banned.:nerd:

Why did you leave out my other example? That was kind of a low trick.

DDBooger
07-10-2009, 12:56 AM
The best stuff on the market right now is grown inside an apartment in Arlington Texas. haha

mustang04
07-10-2009, 01:11 AM
It should be legalized because unlike cocaine or heroin or meth...it actually has several positive effects for one's health..and if you wanna use "well smoke is bad for your lungs bla bla" then we can make weed brownies lol...sintonfan, I really hope you're purposefully playing dumb

pirate4state
07-10-2009, 01:33 AM
special brownies.
i love how some people lump pot in with hard core drugs like coke, meth & heroine...sheesh..

the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself

mustang04
07-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

i love how some people lump pot in with hard core drugs like coke, meth & heroine...sheesh..

no kidding.......there's no way they should even be in the same sentence....