PDA

View Full Version : Dogs and Fireworks

Ranger Mom
07-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Can a dog chasing "black cats" or any other firework like that go deaf in one night??

My daughter's Boston Terrier was chasing their fireworks at the lake Saturday night.....he hasn't been able to hear a thing since then!!!

She is taking him to the vet on Saturday....but I was wondering if any of you guys had ever heard of this!!

Emerson1
07-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Don't dogs have really sensitive hearing? This is the first dog I know of that doesn't run and hide when fireworks are being shot off.

I lit one black cat on the tailgate of a truck my friends were sitting on and it had ours ears ringing.

crzyjournalist03
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Can a dog chasing "black cats" or any other firework like that go deaf in one night??

My daughter's Boston Terrier was chasing their fireworks at the lake Saturday night.....he hasn't been able to hear a thing since then!!!

She is taking him to the vet on Saturday....but I was wondering if any of you guys had ever heard of this!!

all it takes is one loud sound to permanently damage eardrums.

Ranger Mom
07-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Don't dogs have really sensitive hearing? This is the first dog I know of that doesn't run and hide when fireworks are being shot off.

I lit one black cat on the tailgate of a truck my friends were sitting on and it had ours ears ringing.

He is a Boston Terrier and he loves them....so does my brother's dog.

My dogs, on the other hand, hide in the closet!

Looking4number8
07-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Back in the day.. we had a collie that loved fireworks. he loved the firecrackers and roman candles.. we used to shoot bottle rockets off his head. All of our other dogs would run and hide but this one (named pepper) could never get enough of them