PDA

View Full Version : Big 4 team NBA trade

Emerson1
07-09-2009, 03:42 PM
To keep my shtick strong, here is some NBA news that includes the mavs.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/roster/shawnmarion.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4316885

pirate4state
07-09-2009, 03:48 PM
:spitlol:

Shtick strong is that like keeping your pimp hand strong? hahahahaha

Emerson1
07-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:spitlol:

Shtick strong is that like keeping your pimp hand strong? hahahahaha
According to keith, my shtick here on the downlow is worshiping the ground the longhorns, cowboys and mavs walk on

STAggie
07-09-2009, 04:00 PM
This trade makes the Raptors one player short of being a contender. It will be fun to watch the pick and roll with Turkoglu (sp?) and Bosh. If they could pick up another soild scorer they shoud make a little noise in the East. Wright could fill this role but it may take him half the season. He showed good ability when given the chance palying with Dallas. Also, he's an Aggie

Sad thing is I think this trade makes the Mavs worse and older. Antonie Wright could have given them what Marion will if he was given the touches a night that Marion gets. I think after this year the Cuban needs to blow up the Mavs and trade away Dirk for some youth and maybe even signing a free agent next summer. Bosh will be one and he is a Dallas guy.

crzyjournalist03
07-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
This trade makes the Raptors one player short of being a contender. It will be fun to watch the pick and roll with Turkoglu (sp?) and Bosh. If they could pick up another soild scorer they shoud make a little noise in the East. Wright could fill this role but it may take him half the season. He showed good ability when given the chance palying with Dallas. Also, he's an Aggie

Sad thing is I think this trade makes the Mavs worse and older. Antonie Wright could have given them what Marion will if he was given the touches a night that Marion gets. I think after this year the Cuban needs to blow up the Mavs and trade away Dirk for some youth and maybe even signing a free agent next summer. Bosh will be one and he is a Dallas guy.

I realize you're an Aggie and all, but do you honestly believe thant Antoine Wright is in the same realm of a player that Marion is?

eagles_victory
07-09-2009, 04:05 PM

Sad thing is I think this trade makes the Mavs worse and older. Antonie Wright could have given them what Marion will if he was given the touches a night that Marion gets. I think after this year the Cuban needs to blow up the Mavs and trade away Dirk for some youth and maybe even signing a free agent next summer. Bosh will be one and he is a Dallas guy. Bosh isnt a superstar that is going to lead you to being a contender if he is ever going to be on a consistent playoff contender he will have to be joined with another superstar he wont get it done as the number 1 guy and is great as Hedo is and he is damn good he is not to that level either.

STAggie
07-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I realize you're an Aggie and all, but do you honestly believe thant Antoine Wright is in the same realm of a player that Marion is?

Never said he was but said he could be. He has the ability to light it up and has shown that in games when he gets the minutes. Also, I am not comparing him to the Shawn Marion of the Suns run and gun and dunk and not play defense days, I am comparing him to what the Mavs are getting. He is a little slower, older and not as explosive as he used to be.

Once again said he could be but never said he will. I still think if the Raptors make one more big move they could be contending in the East. Sad thing is the East is going to be so stacked this next year it is going to be a dog fight. Hell if they had anything to trade I could see the Rockets making a move sending T-Mac back to the North but all they have that Rockets need is Bosh and he isn't going anywhere this year.

STAggie
07-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Bosh isnt a superstar that is going to lead you to being a contender if he is ever going to be on a consistent playoff contender he will have to be joined with another superstar he wont get it done as the number 1 guy and is great as Hedo is and he is damn good he is not to that level either.

Same thing could be said about the Magic this past year and they were a few bone headed mistakes away from making it a series with the Lakers.

Emerson1
07-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Same thing could be said about the Magic this past year and they were a few bone headed mistakes away from making it a series with the Lakers.
No it can't. Bosh is no where near the player that Howard is.

Never said he was but said he could be. He has the ability to light it up and has shown that in games when he gets the minutes. Also, I am not comparing him to the Shawn Marion of the Suns run and gun and dunk and not play defense days, I am comparing him to what the Mavs are getting. He is a little slower, older and not as explosive as he used to be.

Once again said he could be but never said he will. I still think if the Raptors make one more big move they could be contending in the East. Sad thing is the East is going to be so stacked this next year it is going to be a dog fight. Hell if they had anything to trade I could see the Rockets making a move sending T-Mac back to the North but all they have that Rockets need is Bosh and he isn't going anywhere this year.
No he doesn't, he scored 20+ points in only 3 times this season and he averaged 24 mpg and had 25 games where he played 29+ minutes. Dallas gets a slasher and defensive player and sends away an old man and a jump shooter

Marion's defense, athleticism, overall play >>>>>> Wright's defense, athleticism, overall play. Marion

The Raptors aren't going to tank this season so there would be no reason for them to trade away Bosh, and the Rockets will use Tmacs expiring contract to get players who can't just leave after the season like Bosh could.

STAggie
07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No it can't. Bosh is no where near the player that Howard is.

I disagree. I think with better players around him Bosh will be much improved. I am not saying they are going to set the world a blaze just that with the right addition they can be contenders in the East.

You would honestly rather have an aging guy who has peeked then a younger one who has the potential?

I think Wright and Marion has the potential to be a push depending on how well he plays this next season. Once again never said he was a better player than Marion just it makes sense for Toronto to want to trade him away from someone younger.

eagles_victory
07-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I disagree. I think with better players around him Bosh will be much improved. I am not saying they are going to set the world a blaze just that with the right addition they can be contenders in the East.

You would honestly rather have an aging guy who has peeked then a younger one who has the potential?

I think Wright and Marion has the potential to be a push depending on how well he plays this next season. Once again never said he was a better player than Marion just it makes sense for Toronto to want to trade him away from someone younger. Bosh couldnt even get them in the playoffs in the East this year.

Emerson1
07-09-2009, 05:03 PM

I think Wright and Marion has the potential to be a push depending on how well he plays this next season. Once again never said he was a better player than Marion just it makes sense for Toronto to want to trade him away from someone younger.
Howard still has 1 inch and 35 pounds on Bosh. Also Howard is light years above in terms of athleticism, that's why he is invited to the dunk contest.

Potential? He has been in the league for 4 seasons and averaged 7.3ppg the last two years. If he was going to become amazing, those numbers would slowly rise. Marion can still go out and score 15 a night on a nightly basis, Wright has never been able to do that.

Marion was a free agent, the only reason there was a trade was so the money would work out, it was a sign and trade. The Raptors also got old man Devean George.