Read the story before you comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4300383

http://a.espncdn.com/i/mag/blog/0702Frim4.jpg

Ranger Mom
07-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Sadly....this story doesn't surprise me in the least!!:(

bigwood33
07-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure if the story accurately details the facts but it sure seems fishy and yes RM, you are right very sad.

Emerson1
07-08-2009, 11:42 PM
So he was found guilty based only on the girls testimony?

DU_stud04
07-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
So he was found guilty based only on the girls testimony? from what the article says.... yes.

sahen
07-09-2009, 10:00 AM
the kid seems innocent in the article and the judge/jurors seem racist...problem is it is an article and who knows if we are getting the whole story though it seems incredibly thorough and you would think if anyone sitting on a jury heard those facts it'd be a no brainer to not charge him...however, the article does say they didnt hear the facts so maybe its not a racist jury but a racist judge, that seems very probable and very sad...hopefully once the kid gets out the lord pays him back 100 fold for all the wrong that his been done to him...

on a side note, UCSB should watch out...seemed like some NCAA violations in there paying for the kids food, paying for him a trip back to Ghana, helping him w/ money, etc...the NCAA has been known to go after the smaller schools and for situations as trivial as this they could have the book thrown at them...good ol' NCAA...

PPSTATEBOUND
07-09-2009, 10:41 AM
American legal system at its FINEST....what a wash.:foul:

ronwx5x
07-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
American legal system at its FINEST....what a wash.:foul:

After reading this twice, I'm glad I was not on the jury to make a decision. The article tends to show a travesty, but I have more faith in people than to believe these were just 12 very naive (or plain stupid) jurists who found him guilty due to color.

The evidence was there for all to see, so did they just disregard evidence that would prove the young man innocent? Surface analysis says yes, but there has to have been more to the story. Of course we do have precedent in another high profile athlete being found innocent despite the evidence.

Again, I don't think I can make a conclusion just based on what is contained in this story. Hopefully justice will prevail in a court of appeal, no matter what the outcome.