1. Wylie
2. Brownwood (Prove me wrong and beat Wylie) :D
3. Schneider
4. Sweet Water (Get your act together and beat Schneider) :D
5. Graham
6. Breckenridge

Z-RO
07-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Graham - a lot returning from a scrappy young team last season.

Wylie - they reload every season and it wouldnt suprise me if they won the district

Brownwood - great new coach to lead a tradition rich town. In addition they have the best WR in the district.

Breckenridge - 14 returning starters coming back from a very young team last season. (Darkhorse to sneak into the playoffs)

Snyder - they return just as much as Sweetwater minus a new head coach

Sweetwater - return 7 starters with the entire team having to learn a new system

Looking4number8
07-09-2009, 07:48 AM
I bet you cant guess who I think is gonna win our distrist!!!

Ex-Tiger2005
07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I bet you cant guess who I think is gonna win our distrist!!!

snyder! haha

95mustang
07-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Here are mine; yes I'm a homer and I freely admit it.:D

1. Wylie
2. Brownwood (Prove me wrong and beat Wylie) :D
3. Schneider
4. Sweet Water (Get your act together and beat Schneider) :D
5. Graham
6. Breckenridge

Since Wylie plays at Gordon Wood this year I see the Lions coming out with a victory. Last year was an odd year all the way around with the lack of play on our defense. I predict a much better performance this year.

1. Brownwood
2. Graham
3. Wylie
4. Snyder
5. Breckenridge
6. Sweetwater

wildstangs
07-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Ha....sweetwater won't lose to breckenridge. Mustangs will finish third or fourth.

Ex-Tiger2005
07-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Since Wylie plays at Gordon Wood this year I see the Lions coming out with a victory. Last year was an odd year all the way around with the lack of play on our defense. I predict a much better performance this year.

1. Brownwood
2. Graham
3. Wylie
4. Snyder
5. Breckenridge
6. Sweetwater

I do not like S'water! But i cant see them finishing last in any 3a district, no matter what the circumstances are! IMO!

Looking4number8
07-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
snyder! haha

thats what I think when I say Snyder... ha ha

Ex-Tiger2005
07-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
thats what I think when I say Snyder... ha ha

yea i bet thats what you thought last year too!!! ouch!

95mustang
07-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
I do not like S'water! But i cant see them finishing last in any 3a district, no matter what the circumstances are! IMO!

I feel the district will once again be tough and there will be alot of close games. I think that the first 3 spots will belong to Brownwood, Graham, and Wylie (maybe not in that order) and the final 3 will be Snyder, Breckenridge, and Sweetwater (again not in that order). I do think that Breackenridge will be much improved over last year. They were a young team and may sneak up on some teams this year.

bwdlionfan
07-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I feel the district will once again be tough and there will be alot of close games. I think that the first 3 spots will belong to Brownwood, Graham, and Wylie (maybe not in that order) and the final 3 will be Snyder, Breckenridge, and Sweetwater (again not in that order). I do think that Breackenridge will be much improved over last year. They were a young team and may sneak up on some teams this year.

Does anyone have the final JV and freshmen standings from last year?

RedWhiteBlue
07-09-2009, 04:52 PM
All I can say is..... it will be a FUN year in 2-3A and I personally cannot wait. LET'S ROCK!!!:cool:

slingshot
07-09-2009, 07:38 PM
As I see'em... Wylie Brownwood Graham Snyder Sweetwater Breck And BTW, best recever in the district? Austin Gray, hands down.

Z-RO
07-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
As I see'em... Wylie Brownwood Graham Snyder Sweetwater Breck And BTW, best recever in the district? Austin Gray, hands down.

Shipley will be one of the best WR's out of the state and has been performing lights out at all the camps he has been to and will no doubt be receiving an offer from Texas. Last season he started for 5A Coppell and you are comparing him to a kid who doesn’t appear to have been able to crack the starting roster at Wylie. No offense to the kid, but they are saying that Shipley is a more rounded WR then his brother was at this point in his career.

http://www.abilenewyliebulldogs.com/FOOTBALL/2008%20Varsity%20Football.htm

Nice try with the biased homer opinion though ;)

wildstangs
07-09-2009, 09:32 PM
My Prediction:

1. Wylie
2. Brownwood
3. Sweewater or Snyder winner
4. Graham
5. Breckenridge

Sweetwater/Snyder/Graham could easily be in a jumbled mess for the third spot.

Z-RO
07-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Our freshmen played him his freshman year(naturally). You never knew where the kid was gonna line up, you just knew he was gonna get the ball and he was gonna score. He caught a few TD passes, he lined up at RB and ran a few TDs, and he even lined up at QB and threw a TD. He also played FS and pretty much owned the secondary. Ive never seen a kid dominate like that, especially at the 5a level.

Glad he will be headed to Austin :D

RedWhiteBlue
07-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Glad he will be headed to Austin :D
Hook 'em.

slingshot
07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Not sure where you got the info about Gray not being able to crack the starting lineup... he started all last year at WR and kicker. 6'4", 200 lbs and fast. Qualified for State in the hurdles last year as a Soph and went in the long jump this year as a Jr. He and Preston (QB) just have that 'connection'... have had since the 7th grade. I look for them to have a big year.
From the sounds of it though, with Shipley at Brownwood--I guess we better just go ahead and forfiet now...

Z-RO
07-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Not sure where you got the info about Gray not being able to crack the starting lineup... he started all last year at WR and kicker. 6'4", 200 lbs and fast. Qualified for State in the hurdles last year as a Soph and went in the long jump this year as a Jr. He and Preston (QB) just have that 'connection'... have had since the 7th grade. I look for them to have a big year.
From the sounds of it though, with Shipley at Brownwood--I guess we better just go ahead and forfiet now...

This is not meant to be a dig at the kid, but if you look at the Wylie roster he doesnt even have a number assigned to him.

I do not know the answer to this question so I ask this with no bad intentions but did he receive any all district honors last season at WR?

Z-RO
07-10-2009, 01:49 AM
I stand corrected he was 2nd team all district last season, while Jaxson was the district 6-5A Newcomer of the Year.

I went and did some research on Austin and it looks like I may have under estimated him some, but he is still not in the same league as Jaxson.

ccmom
07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I stand corrected he was 2nd team all district last season, while Jaxson was the district 6-5A Newcomer of the Year.

I went and did some research on Austin and it looks like I may have under estimated him some, but he is still not in the same league as Jaxson.

I don't think anyone is disputing that Brownwood will have the best receiver in the district this season. No one (that I recall) argued that Brownwood had the best QB in the district last season either. Just an observation...;)

Oh...and not to be picky, but I believe Gray was first team all district, not second team, but I could be wrong.:)

BreckTxLonghorn
07-10-2009, 01:31 PM
I don't think anyone is disputing that Brownwood will have the best receiver in the district this season. No one (that I recall) argued that Brownwood had the best QB in the district last season either. Just an observation...

And BTW, best recever in the district? Austin Gray, hands down.

At least one person is disputing!

ccmom
07-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
At least one person is disputing! I stand corrected...should have only spoken for myself.

Z-RO
07-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

Oh...and not to be picky, but I believe Gray was first team all district, not second team, but I could be wrong.:)

Dont worry, you are :p

Click on that link I posted and it will show you. ;)

ccmom
07-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Are we talking about the same person?:confused: I think you better click again;) The way I read it, he was first team all district as WR and as kicker, but again...what do I know?:confused: :p

BreckTxLonghorn
07-10-2009, 04:50 PM

Think she's right on this one.

ccmom
07-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Think she's right on this one.

"This one"??:doh: ;)

Z-RO
07-10-2009, 06:25 PM
I need some freaking reading glasses :D

My bad, but Jaxson is still better. :p

garciap77
07-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Our freshmen played him his freshman year(naturally). You never knew where the kid was gonna line up, you just knew he was gonna get the ball and he was gonna score. He caught a few TD passes, he lined up at RB and ran a few TDs, and he even lined up at QB and threw a TD. He also played FS and pretty much owned the secondary. Ive never seen a kid dominate like that, especially at the 5a level.

Dang! Can we just give Brownwood the state title and move on?:D

;)

garciap77
07-10-2009, 10:19 PM
If they had 21 more of'em, Id say yes.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-whacky007.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Looking4number8
07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Dang! Can we just give Brownwood the state title and move on?:D

;)

You could do that, or you could just buy me a big ole beer, either way, I would be happy

grahampaw
07-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Wylie beats Brownwood but loses an upset to Graham,Graham loses to Brownwood,and they all beat the rest.so it ends

Wylie 4-1 three rounds in D-1

Graham 4-1 three rounds in D-2

Brownwood 4-1 four rounds in D-2

Snyder 2-3

Sweetwater 1-4

Breckenridge 0-5

95mustang
07-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Wylie beats Brownwood but loses an upset to Graham,Graham loses to Brownwood,and they all beat the rest.so it ends

Wylie 4-1 three rounds in D-1

Graham 4-1 three rounds in D-2

Brownwood 4-1 four rounds in D-2

Snyder 2-3

Sweetwater 1-4

Breckenridge 0-5

I can agree with this prediction. I think Brownwood, Graham, and Wylie will all be tough and I am looking forward to another exciting year in 2-3A. Good thing is we play both Graham and Wylie at the WOOD this year. So I wouldn't count on Wylie beating Brownwood this year. (They won't have their refs with them:p )

BwdLion_80
07-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Yes they will, the whole district uses the Abilene Chapter for all home games.

RedWhiteBlue
07-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Yes they will, the whole district uses the Abilene Chapter for all home games.
Are you sure about that?

orange machine
07-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Wylie
Brownwood
Graham
Sweetwater
Snyder
Breck

grahampaw
07-21-2009, 11:11 AM
four teams did very well in 7 on 7 and looked about even.So the district could come down to O-line and D-line.Who can protect and disrupt the best.I think Graham will be good in this area but also know that Wylie and B-wood will be as well.

Matthew328
07-21-2009, 11:57 AM
yes 2-3A uses the Abilene chapter

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I will keep my prediction simple....

For the fourth year in a row that Sweetwater,
Wylie, and Snyder were in the same district...
They will be the teams to represent their district

I do have a favor to ask Coach Rogers and the
Tigers though.....

Last season Wylie did their part by beating us
and we did our part by beating ya'll. Do you
think ya'll can hold up ya'lls end and beat Wylie
this next season, so we three can share the DC
for the third time this decade?

:D