PDA

View Full Version : A funny thing just happened

pirate4state
07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I swear Boomhauer from King of the Hill just left my office!

He walked in and asked "are yall in here now?" He was wearing a hardhat, what appeared to be a scrubs top (tropical print) and some crazy looking blue jeans and he was holding another pair of jeans and some work boots and he sounded like Boomhauer from King of the Hill.

He was speaking English, but I didn't understand a damn word he said!

He was rambling on about some horse behind some ladies house that didn't have any water, but that if we gave him a couple of dogs he'd run out there with some koolaid?!?!

So, I stare blankly at him and he tells me, "well don't just sit there".

I told him my boss wasn't here and he said, "I know that!" starts to repeat the story, so I get up so as to "not just sit there" and he mentions the dogs again and kool-aid and walked out!

SO BIZARRE!

Electus Unus
07-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Probably from Louisiana.

trojan37
07-08-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.theophilusdebate.com/images/redneck.jpg

AP Panther Fan
07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
HAHAHA...Sounds like a few of my customers. Did you scoot him out and lock the door behind him?:D

Ranger Mom
07-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Now I am going to worry about the horse!!:(

Probably about once a week, I see where somewhere has left a note to the postman about accidentally dropping something into the mail slot along with their mail, like bank deposits, pay checks, etc.

I always laugh at them!!

Today, the joke is on me!

I now have my own note on the mail box:

Dear Postman,

I accidentally dropped my cellphone in with my outgoing mail. When you pick up the mail, please either call me at 432-###-5511 or bring it to suite 303.

Thank you!

Kellye

:blush: :blush:

pirate4state
07-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
HAHAHA...Sounds like a few of my customers. Did you scoot him out and lock the door behind him?:D

No, he walked out on his own. I think he just wanted some free AC. :D

pirate4state
07-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Don't worry. I doubt there is a horse without water. ;)

Ranger Mom
07-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Don't worry. I doubt there is a horse without water. ;)

My horse and donkey are now living the high life in Sweetwater. No more feeding before I go to work......WOO HOO!!!!!

ronwx5x
07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
My horse and donkey are now living the high life in Sweetwater. No more feeding before I go to work......WOO HOO!!!!!

I'm not convinced there is a "high life" in Sweetwater!;)

AP Panther Fan
07-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I recently had a guy come in and open a new account. We knew we were in trouble when everytime he would leave, he would steal our newspapers, magazines, brochures and anything else that wasn't nailed down.

He ultimately ended up applying for a loan and gave me about 4 pages of gibberish - front and back - with not one square inch not scribbled in. There were things like his grocery list, notes of things that he needed to remind his wife of and just a bunch of weird stuff. I spent hours just looking at it and trying to figure out what was going on in his head when he was writing it. It was interesting, funny, sad and scary all at the same time.

If I were in an office by myself though, I would have just been scared for the most part.

Ranger Mom
07-08-2009, 01:40 PM
I recently had a guy come in and open a new account. We knew we were in trouble when everytime he would leave, he would steal our newspapers, magazines, brochures and anything else that wasn't nailed down.

He ultimately ended up applying for a loan and gave me about 4 pages of gibberish - front and back - with not one square inch not scribbled in. There were things like his grocery list, notes of things that he needed to remind his wife of and just a bunch of weird stuff. I spent hours just looking at it and trying to figure out what was going on in his head when he was writing it. It was interesting, funny, sad and scary all at the same time.

If I were in an office by myself though, I would have just been scared for the most part.

Did he get the loan?

AP Panther Fan
07-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Did he get the loan?

ummmm, no.;)

Ranger Mom
07-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
I'm not convinced there is a "high life" in Sweetwater!;)

They have a pond (with windmill), huge oak trees and grass about 2 feet high on appx 400 acres.

At my house they had maybe 2 acres, mesquite trees for shade, a water trough that had mossy water in it more often than not, and hay!!

THEY think they are livin' the high life!!:D

pirate4state
07-08-2009, 01:44 PM
My horse and donkey are now living the high life in Sweetwater. No more feeding before I go to work......WOO HOO!!!!! :clap: YAY!

APPF - it didn't occur to me to be afraid of the strange man. Is that good or bad? :thinking:

44INAROW
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM

Probably about once a week, I see where somewhere has left a note to the postman about accidentally dropping something into the mail slot along with their mail, like bank deposits, pay checks, etc.

I always laugh at them!!

Today, the joke is on me!

I now have my own note on the mail box:

Dear Postman,

I accidentally dropped my cellphone in with my outgoing mail. When you pick up the mail, please either call me at 432-###-5511 or bring it to suite 303.

Thank you!

Kellye

:blush: :blush:

one day while making a deposit for work, I drove all the way back to the office with the plastic thingy you put the bank bag in from the drive-thru at the bank.
My boss thought it was hysterical (I didn't find it amusing at all) the very next day - he dropped some stuff off at the Fed Ex drop off - and one of the things he droppped off, was his truck keys - guess who got the pleasure of going to pick him up.. I laughed all the way to the office.......... :D :D

AP Panther Fan
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
They have a pond (with windmill), huge oak trees and grass about 2 feet high on appx 400 acres.

Sounds like a pretty good life for a jackass. I know a few more I would like to send to Sweetwater.:cool:

Rita, in the case of my crazy customer, he was like a stick figure. Even I could have taken him.....

Your "guy" sounds a bit healthier, so yes, you should be afraid.;)

pirate4state
07-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a pretty good life for a jackass. I know a few more I would like to send to Sweetwater.:cool:

Rita, in the case of my crazy customer, he was like a stick figure. Even I could have taken him.....

Your "guy" sounds a bit healthier, so yes, you should be afraid.;)

Nah, he wasn't. I'm pretty sure I could have taken him......to the nearest nut house!

AP Panther Fan
07-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
one day while making a deposit for work, I drove all the way back to the office with the plastic thingy you put the bank bag in from the drive-thru at the bank.

You would be surprised how many people do this...we call them canisters...and they cost about $80.00 to replace.

You DID return it, right????? :D

ronwx5x
07-08-2009, 01:53 PM

At my house they had maybe 2 acres, mesquite trees for shade, a water trough that had mossy water in it more often than not, and hay!!

THEY think they are livin' the high life!!:D

Pardon my poor memory. I forgot that it is all relative. Compared to Midland, maybe Sweetwater is the "high life"!!!:stirpot: :taunt:

44INAROW
07-08-2009, 01:54 PM
You would be surprised how many people do this...we call them canisters...and they cost about $80.00 to replace.

You DID return it, right????? :D
yes, with a very RED face :doh: :D

AP Panther Fan
07-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
yes, with a very RED face :doh: :D

awwww, your banker loves you.:D

When it happens here, I have my tellers think back on transactions, get on the phone and start calling folks to question them if they might be the guilty party. Believe it or not, Nine out of ten times, it works. Well there's that and the fact that there is absolutely NO other use for one of those things. :D

Ranger Mom
07-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Pardon my poor memory. I forgot that it is all relative. Compared to Midland, maybe Sweetwater is the "high life"!!!:stirpot: :taunt:

You aren't even gonna be able to stir the pot with that one!

It's darn sure greener and has nicer trees!!!

Oh.....and it's got Mrs. Allens going for it too!

The only downfall...it takes longer than 10 minutes to drive to the next "big" town!!:p

PPHSfan
07-08-2009, 03:23 PM

He walked in and asked "are yall in here now?" He was wearing a hardhat, what appeared to be a scrubs top (tropical print) and some crazy looking blue jeans and he was holding another pair of jeans and some work boots and he sounded like Boomhauer from King of the Hill.

He was rambling on about some horse behind some ladies house that didn't have any water, but that if we gave him a couple of dogs he'd run out there with some koolaid?!?!

I told him my boss wasn't here and he said, "I know that!" starts to repeat the story, so I get up so as to "not just sit there" and he mentions the dogs again and kool-aid and walked out!

SO BIZARRE!

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man. That dang ol' Internet, man. You just go on there and point and click. Talk about W-W-dot-W-com. An' lotsa nekkid chicks on there, man. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. It's real easy, man.

sinton66
07-08-2009, 04:55 PM

SO BIZARRE!

Hmmmm, I think I know that guy. Was he tall or kinda short?

Trashman
07-08-2009, 05:17 PM

SO BIZARRE!

Did he look like this......
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/avatar.php?userid=6589&dateline=1233875779

DDBooger
07-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Did he look like this......
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/avatar.php?userid=6589&dateline=1233875779
HEY!!! T-man, finally a little substance! ;)

pirate4state
07-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hmmmm, I think I know that guy. Was he tall or kinda short? Is the guy you know tall or kinda short? :D

DDBooger
07-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Is the guy you know tall or kinda short? :D that narrows it down to 66.7% of the population! :D j/k

sinfan75
07-08-2009, 10:18 PM

SO BIZARRE! Skinny white guy? Don't worry bout him. All the drugs he did in the 60's fried his brain to the point of no return. He's always hangin out at the Valero station diggin in the trash cans lookin for gold.:D