PDA

View Full Version : Gobbler Fans - Need help!

KingRob
07-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey Cuero Nation, looks like I'll be in town the last week of September. I want to go to the games on Sept 25th, and Oct 2. I can't find a date schedule for the Gobblers, but If I match it up to last years, then I think it's La Vernia in Cuero on Sept 25, but then an Open date on Oct 2. Would this be right? I can't believe I'll be in the area on two friday nights and one is going to be an open date.

Please tell me I'm wrong!

Thanks!!

Really looking forward to going to a game. It has been almost 14 years!:eek:

KingRob
07-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Looks like I'm answering my own thread! I found the schedule on Gobblersports.com. I was right. Open date for Oct 2.

Anyone know a good game to go to on Oct 2? I most likely will be in the Houston area since I fly out on Oct 3 (Sat).

Thanks!

bleacherbum
07-08-2009, 10:42 AM
That La Vernia game should be a good one this year, especially after last year's slip up. Can't wait for that one and the re-match with Bay City the week before.

44INAROW
07-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by bleacherbum
That La Vernia game should be a good one this year, especially after last year's slip up. Can't wait for that one and the re-match with Bay City the week before.

you betcha......Sept 25th - Cuero vs La Vernia IN CUERO - you picked a good time to be in town Rob :) Another good and interesting game will be Cuero vs Palacios IN CUERO FOR HOMECOMING, Oct 16th :) Reality and his boys come back to Gobbler Stadium lol...... I Can't wait ;) Cuero vs Bay City in Bay City will be another good one! Now if I just knew someone with a brand new car to catch ride with :D

KingRob
07-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Shoot, if I could change the dates I would, but I'm visiting after a sales meeting in Vegas, and I don't have a say in the dates. However, since Oct 2nd is an open date, I'm thinking about a game in El Campo, or maybe even Wharton. I fly out of Houston Saturday morning, so it would be less driving time after the game. Heck, I might even go to a Thursday night game! Gotta get my fix while I can!:D

bleacherbum
07-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Now if I just knew someone with a brand new car to catch ride with

HaHa, I guess our friends up the hill got a hold of you today. One less thing I have to worry about.