PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Panthers get new stadium/facilities

ssgmp5150
07-06-2009, 12:03 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-princeton_26met.ART0.Central.Edition1.4ab6d3d.html

Check out the link to the article detailing Princeton's new football facilities! They are going to be nice! Quite an interesting read! Should be interesting to see how everything comes out in a few years, especially if they can't reverse their losing ways in football!

ssgmp5150
07-06-2009, 01:17 PM
What kills me is that Princeton is very competitive and in certain sports, just down right pretty dang good such as basketball, baseball, volleyball, track, etc....However, their football team is everyone's homecoming game every year.....Not sure what gives??? I like what the coach is trying to do over in Princeton, but with the new facilities come new growth and with new growth comes AAAA and with that classification equals more losing I think! However, I am going to go out on a limb and say that Princeton could be the darkhorse of the district this year and possibly sneak into the 3rd place spot since our district is incredibly weak!

BILLYFRED0000
07-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
What kills me is that Princeton is very competitive and in certain sports, just down right pretty dang good such as basketball, baseball, volleyball, track, etc....However, their football team is everyone's homecoming game every year.....Not sure what gives??? I like what the coach is trying to do over in Princeton, but with the new facilities come new growth and with new growth comes AAAA and with that classification equals more losing I think! However, I am going to go out on a limb and say that Princeton could be the darkhorse of the district this year and possibly sneak into the 3rd place spot since our district is incredibly weak!

Well Princeton has usually played with heart. They don't quit and hit hard. I am not sure what is really missing. The obvious card is the coaching or the attitudes but I do not really know. But their facility is going to be nice. I took a look at it the other day while I was getting tires at princeton tires. Looks really nice.

BobcatBenny
07-06-2009, 03:41 PM
What do you mean by "darkhorse"?!?
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/robertdjr.jpg

BreckTxLonghorn
07-06-2009, 05:11 PM
What do YOU mean by 'darkhorse'?

http://images.hollywood.com/cms/300x375/5289014.jpg

turbostud
07-06-2009, 05:48 PM
HaHa great movie.

Originally posted by BobcatBenny
What do you mean by "darkhorse"?!?
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/robertdjr.jpg

Twirling Time
07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Princeton is growing fast with or without the new football facilities. They won't go 4A this time, but they probably will go in 2012. The time for success is now, while they're a big 3A.

That stuff about competing with (what I read to be) Celina and Prosper is hogwash. They're not even in the same district. In fact, they're in one of the weakest districts in 3A.

I like how Princeton is building for the future, but they need to worry about beating Community, Rains and Quinlan before they set their sights higher.

orange machine
07-06-2009, 10:48 PM
They are adding 4,000 seats there stadium will go from 5,500 to 9,500 thats a big 3a stadium.

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Yes, it is going to be a big 3A stadium! It should be able to host some nice smaller schools playoff games this year! That would be nice not to have to drive very far for a playoff game for teams in the Collin County area! Not sure what kind of scoreboard they are going to put up. I doubt they will put up a huge jumbotron or anything, but if you are going to spend that kind of money, I would think they would not go cheap on the scoreboard either....We will have to wait and see I guess! They say it will be ready to go by the first game this year.

Gsquared
07-07-2009, 07:36 AM
They are too close to Culleoke (spelling?) on that side of the lake.

Farmersfan
07-07-2009, 07:57 AM
I think Princeton will start to show some real improvement in football. They have a pretty good coaching staff now and they have the athletes. They were very competitive in Basketball and Baseball as well most other sports. I'm thinking their biggest problem with football every year has been participation and that should change with a little success and better facilities.

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 08:01 AM
Their band is awesome! I think they should start the recruiting process there! I saw some big ole boys on the field during their halftime performance! That is kind of messed up that the band would have t-shirts made basically saying to the football team that the football field was the band's field and not the football team's!......That could very well be a good indicator as to why their football team has stunk so bad in recent years! If I were a football player I would be beating the snot out of some band geek wearing a t-shirt like that around school!!!

Farmersfan
07-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Their band is awesome! I think they should start the recruiting process there! I saw some big ole boys on the field during their halftime performance! That is kind of messed up that the band would have t-shirts made basically saying to the football team that the football field was the band's field and not the football team's!......That could very well be a good indicator as to why their football team has stunk so bad in recent years! If I were a football player I would be beating the snot out of some band geek wearing a t-shirt like that around school!!!

Easy SS!!!!!

Don't want to start a "Turf" war..................:D :D

Twirling Time
07-07-2009, 08:13 AM
One thing a big nice stadium like that will do is draw playoff games. The line gets pretty long for teams trying to get McKinney or Greenville or Royse City for the bi-district round. Princeton would fit right in that group.

Farmersfan
07-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
One thing a big nice stadium like that will do is draw playoff games. The line gets pretty long for teams trying to get McKinney or Greenville or Royse City for the bi-district round. Princeton would fit right in that group.

Is 10K large enough for 2AA or 3AA playoff games? Isn't that quite a bit smaller than McKinney, Greenville or Royse City?

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 08:21 AM
It is a little bit smaller, but not much I don't think. I agree that the bi-district round just added another playoff venue for several area teams! McKinney, Royse City, Greenville and now Princeton! There might even be some area or regional games played there depending on which teams make it there! What a sight to see Farmersville playing a bi-district game in of all places Princeton!!!!! Farmersville desperately needs to add some stands, renovate and expand the locker/weight rooms at a minimum!

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 08:22 AM
I think Greenville's max capacity was like 8,000 or something like that because we set a new attendance record that night against Caddo and there were like 8200 people in the stadium I think, so Princeton's stadium would be plenty big I think!

Farmersfan
07-07-2009, 08:23 AM
It is a little bit smaller, but not much I don't think. I agree that the bi-district round just added another playoff venue for several area teams! McKinney, Royse City, Greenville and now Princeton! There might even be some area or regional games played there depending on which teams make it there! What a sight to see Farmersville playing a bi-district game in of all places Princeton!!!!! Farmersville desperately needs to add some stands, renovate and expand the locker/weight rooms at a minimum!

The Farmersville facilities are lacking even for a 2AA school. They are downright embarrassing for a 3AAA.

Farmersfan
07-07-2009, 08:30 AM
I think Greenville's max capacity was like 8,000 or something like that because we set a new attendance record that night against Caddo and there were like 8200 people in the stadium I think, so Princeton's stadium would be plenty big I think!

Farmersville 42, Caddo Mills 6
By Allen Rich
Dec 1, 2007

Email this article
Print this page

They did it through the air and they did it on the ground. They even did it with special teams.

They did it with juniors and seniors, but they also did it with sophomores and an outstanding freshman.

And all of them did it in front of a crowd estimated at 8,000, the largest in the history of Cotton Ford Stadium at Greenville High School.

The Farmersville Farmers defeated Caddo Mills 42-6 on Friday night to claim the Region II-2A Division I title.

Farmersville running back Tahj Redwine ran for 146 yards and two touchdowns. Austin Brooks, the Farmers' sophomore signal caller, hit Jared Helmburger and Quincy Roberts with TD passes and Brooks also broke loose on a 38-yard scoring scamper. Freshman running back/defensive back Chase Wiggins had a big night as well, finishing with 80 yards rushing and a touchdown.

In all, the Farmers' opportunistic offense racked up 472 yards of total offense and Farmersville's fine-tuned defensive scheme held a potent Caddo Mills team to only 176 yards of total offense.

The Farmers went up 20-0 at intermission and Caddo Mills managed their lone score on a long pass in the third period when Farmersville had already built a 28-0 advantage. The Farmers tacked on a pair of fourth-quarter TDs to distance Caddo Mills.

Farmersville will advance to face the Early Longhorns next Saturday night at Waco ISD.

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 08:32 AM
I think the facilities are okay, but way too small for us! If they could simply expand the locker/weight room, add some stands to the home side, perhaps put a concession on the visitor's side, a new scoreboard and pa system. That would vastly improve the facilities I think. Our gym is good and the baseball/softball fields are good enough. The football stadium is what is too small...Every game people are standing three rows deep against the fence and the line at the concession stand is a mile long! The poor boys have to dress in a broom closet that is hot and stuffy and the weight room is not much bigger. The coaches all have to cramp into one office to change, etc....We just simply need more space! A new scoreboard would be nice, but they definately need a new pa system with speakers ran to the visitor's side also. Just my two cents worth, but now we have a nice playoff venue just 7 miles down the road on the other side of the lake! Wooohoooo!!!!

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 08:34 AM
That is awesome! I just can't get enough from that game...lol I just love reading it over and over again....lol[

QUOTE]Originally posted by Farmersfan
Farmersville 42, Caddo Mills 6
By Allen Rich
Dec 1, 2007

Email this article
Print this page

They did it through the air and they did it on the ground. They even did it with special teams.

They did it with juniors and seniors, but they also did it with sophomores and an outstanding freshman.

And all of them did it in front of a crowd estimated at 8,000, the largest in the history of Cotton Ford Stadium at Greenville High School.

The Farmersville Farmers defeated Caddo Mills 42-6 on Friday night to claim the Region II-2A Division I title.

Farmersville running back Tahj Redwine ran for 146 yards and two touchdowns. Austin Brooks, the Farmers' sophomore signal caller, hit Jared Helmburger and Quincy Roberts with TD passes and Brooks also broke loose on a 38-yard scoring scamper. Freshman running back/defensive back Chase Wiggins had a big night as well, finishing with 80 yards rushing and a touchdown.

In all, the Farmers' opportunistic offense racked up 472 yards of total offense and Farmersville's fine-tuned defensive scheme held a potent Caddo Mills team to only 176 yards of total offense.

The Farmers went up 20-0 at intermission and Caddo Mills managed their lone score on a long pass in the third period when Farmersville had already built a 28-0 advantage. The Farmers tacked on a pair of fourth-quarter TDs to distance Caddo Mills.

Farmersville will advance to face the Early Longhorns next Saturday night at Waco ISD. [/QUOTE]

orange machine
07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Royse City Holds 6500 i beleive, with Greenville holding around 8000. So actually Princeton stadium will be biggert than both.

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 04:46 PM
What is the capacity of Mckinney's stadium??? Who knows.....Princeton might be holding 2-3 rounds of playoff's each year!! That might start helping pay some of the bills back prety quickly!!!!

Emerson1
07-07-2009, 04:52 PM
ding 2-3 rounds of playoff's each year!! That might start helping pay some of the bills back prety quickly!!!!
LOL at people thinking schools make tens of thousands of dollars on playoff games.

Most schools charge around, what, $1,500-$3,000. And they have to pay the electric bill and staff to take tickets, monitor stands, run the scoreboard, work in other areas of the pressbox and usually an off duty police officer.

It's still a good argument for getting something approved though

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Still, it is better than getting no money during the playoffs!!!! If their team can't make it into the playoff's, at least they can host a playoff game and get a little money back on it and perhaps in the long run, it will being to pay itself off.

orange machine
07-07-2009, 05:12 PM
What is the capacity of Mckinney's stadium??? Who knows.....Princeton might be holding 2-3 rounds of playoff's each year!! That might start helping pay some of the bills back prety quickly!!!!

Mckinney's Ron Poe Stadium seats 7000 people according to texasbob.com

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 05:21 PM
So Princeton is going to end up having the largest playoff venue for smaller schools in the area huh.....Interesting....

orange machine
07-07-2009, 05:25 PM
If there new stadium is going to seat 9500 people they are going to have a hard time filling the seats. There are alot of 5a schools stadiums that dont seat that many.

Gsquared
07-07-2009, 05:50 PM
So Princeton is going to end up having the largest playoff venue for smaller schools in the area huh.....Interesting....
Yeah Princeton will be bigger than both but Greenville and RC will get double the playoff games Princeton gets. Being on I-30 is what attracts many of these games to Gville and RC.

orange machine
07-07-2009, 07:04 PM
I like Royse City, but there is something abouT Greenville i dont like. I think if they picked up the stadium and moved it out of Hunt County i would like it alot better. There is just something about that area that i dont like.

scrub c
07-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I especially liked the part about switching the home and visitor's side, b/c the visitor's side is where all the winning is.

that is pretty funny...

Twirling Time
07-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
If there new stadium is going to seat 9500 people they are going to have a hard time filling the seats. There are alot of 5a schools stadiums that dont seat that many.

For a team like Celina that will bring 5,000 guaranteed fans (unless the game's a total mismatch on paper), Princeton's new stadium will be perfect if RCISD happens to be taken.

By the way, they finally opened the road to Prosper's new place and I took a spin by it. All I can say is — wow.

The only thing missing are the permanent bleachers — they just have some temp ones that are about 8 rows deep — but everything else is there. Think Northwest ISD with a lot more money spent on the fencing. It will blow you away when it's done.