View Full Version : Ack Ack!

SintonFan
07-05-2009, 10:48 PM
The closing of the "100,000" thread! Ack Ack! :eek:;):D

rockdale80
07-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
The closing of the "100,000" thread! Ack Ack! :eek:;):D ,

All I know is 188,000 people voted straight republican and 310,000 voted for McCain in the last election. I stand behind my statement that it shouldnt be hard to round up 100,000 republicans in Dallas TX. :D

rockdale80
07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Anything to illegitimize the cause or belittle the turnout, eh? No worries. 100,000 conservatives, whether repubs, libertarians, or conservative dems, is a quite a turnout.
Either way, people are awake now. Even if it's just b/c they dont like the guy in charge now, they're still awake, which is good. Just hope they stay awake once there's someone they like in power.
Id invite you to watch the YouTube clips of the Austin Tea Party, where John Cornyn and Kay "Bailout" Hutchinson were booed pretty harshly. Contrary to your, and other ignorant people's belief, this is not a partisan movement. Of course there are those who worship at the Temple of the Elephant(just like the many "yellow dogs"), but this is non-partisan movement(not BI-partisan, but NON-partisan).
You call something a Tea Party in any major city in the country and 50,000+ show up. That's powerfull stuff.

How did I belittle the turnout? And I have no issue with rallying for what you believe in. Just made a statement and defended it with some quick fact checking. If you dont like it or believe that it should be easy to assemble 100,000 Texans that oppose a democratic president and congress then you are a little naive.

rockdale80
07-05-2009, 11:42 PM
There you go again. What part of this do you not understand? ITS NOT ABOUT OBAMA! Is he part of it? Well hell yeah he is, but that's not what it is about! THAT is where you illegitimize the cause. That's a very shallow, small-minded scope of what is happening.
And anytime you can get 100,000 conservatives and constitutionalists to turn out, it's a big deal. Conservatives constitutionalists have never been the protesting kind.

You are crazy if you think I believe they arent anti-democrat and anti-Obama. I have watched the footage and heard protesters interviewed from several Tea parties. That may not be all it is, but you cannot honestly tell me that there is no slamming of democrats that takes place there. I couldnt care less if conservatives protest or not. They are back to the fear campaign and it isnt working as well this time. A conservative rally about losing an election is not a legitimate cause...to me anyway. I have looked into these things, and did my own research to form my opinion. You telling me otherwise isnt going to change my mind.

rockdale80
07-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Then maybe you should attend and see for yourself. I acknowledged that there are solid GOPs there, but that's not the premise behind the movement. You're seeing what media outlets want you to see. You're intelligent enough to figure that out. Like I said earlier, take a look at the Austin footage on YouTube. Texas' republican senators are booed, Cornyn especially, for their support of the bailouts.
Right now, you're no better than the Fox-watching neo-cons you speak so poorly about. You've formed your opinions and then searched for the facts to back them up. Please dont attempt to say that you had an open mind when the movement first started.

Really? I have done more than watch a few clips on Fox, CNN, or any other media outlet. I have read transcripts from speeches and watched several clips on you tube. I dont care if a few republicans were booed. It is still a predominately right wing movement and that is not a myth or something I made up. Regardless of when the opinion was formed, the facts back it up. This is very partisan movement and has been since day 1. Do you think FOX news is going to rally behind a democratic or anti-republican movement? That was my first indication that this was hogwash.

rockdale80
07-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Fox will rally around anything that can benefit the repubs. Right now, dems are in power, so it's a no-brainer. In the current 2 party system, bad for dems=good for repubs. But, the brains behind this movement(at least in the DFW area) realize that the 2 party system is the biggest part of the problem. If you'd attend one and see for yourself, you'd see that there is a HUGE libertarian and constitutionalist movement going on. The problems is repubs dont do what they say they're going to do, and dems do exactly what they say they'll do. We know dems aren't going to change their agenda or practices, so the call is for repubs to either change their practices or we'll find another group to represent us. Vast majority of Tea Party Patriots are former-repubs who are disgusted with the party or former Obama-supporters who are disgusted with him.
You dont care if repubs were booed? That doesn't tell you that it's not a partisan movement if THAT party is booed? What do you want, "We Love Obama" signs? Texas only has two senators. Both are repubs, and both were booed.
I extend the same invitation that I extended to DD. With the boy in Iraq, we have a spare bed. You're welcome to come to the next party and see for yourself. Dont be scared of having your own beliefs proven wrong. It's only bad when the other side taunts you about. I promise, I wont rub your nose in it.
;)
Of course, you and DD can't come at the same time, unless you want to spoon.
Nevermind, one of you could take the couch!

ETB I think you have me pegged incorrectly. I actually compile information from several sides and then make a decision. I am not opposed to going to a Tea Party to see for myself, but I doubt if I would be shocked at what was said considering the transcripts from other Tea Parties. It is just a difference of opinion and not something I care to invest time in going to.
You are also sort of flip flopping your story here considering it went from non-partisan to agreeing that there is a very, very strong republican appeal to this. An enemy of an enemy is an ally? I dont disagree that the two party system is flawed, but getting a bunch of disgruntled republicans together to complain about our current state of affairs is not going to incite everyone to change all of the sudden.

;)

SintonFan
07-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80

All I know is 188,000 people voted straight republican and 310,000 voted for McCain in the last election. I stand behind my statement that it shouldnt be hard to round up 100,000 republicans in Dallas TX. :D
How can you get from "Ack Ack!" to your salacious opinion about Republicans is beyond me...
and you... and fantasy...
Ack!!! Ack!!! :D

Ranger Mom
07-06-2009, 09:18 AM
I didn't even read this thread past the first couple of posts.

I notice that it is now closed....I just wanted to add something I found out last night.

I am not in the least bit "political"...but my cousin and his wife are STAUNCH Obama supporters and continue to be to this day....they are tired of being taxed to death too....according to my stepmom, they were at the DFW "tea party" themselves.