PDA

View Full Version : Rain?

ronwx5x
07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
On weather radar it looks like you folks just north of Abilene are getting some much needed rain. Also east of Fairfield toward Palestine. Come on rain, we're rooting for you in the Houston area.

sinfan75
07-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Is that the stuff that makes everything all nice and green?

ronwx5x
07-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Is that the stuff that makes everything all nice and green?

Evidently not here!

gobbler grad
07-05-2009, 06:56 PM
not anywhere in south Texas...:(

Ranger Mom
07-05-2009, 07:23 PM
We have had rain for the past couple of days....it's been GREAT!!!!

TexasHSFB
07-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't like rain. It messes up my fishing.

As far as I'm concerned it could just not rain anymore and I'd be happy. I couldn't care less about our yard.

Ranger Mom
07-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB

As far as I'm concerned it could just not rain anymore and I'd be happy. I couldn't care less about our yard.

With no rain, you would have a really hard time catching any fish on down the road.

TexasHSFB
07-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
With no rain, you would have a really hard time catching any fish on down the road. I like saltwater. :)

There's plenty of that. I live like 30 mins from the beach.

zebrablue2
07-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB

:1omg!: like walking on dirt do ya???

TexasHSFB
07-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
:1omg!: like walking on dirt do ya??? Makes no difference to me, I can walk on dirt just as good as I can on grass.

FrmSTx
07-05-2009, 07:47 PM
HSFB is just messing with ya ( I have no clue who you are). He knows how vital freshwater influx into bays is for the spawing of saltwater life. Shrimp crop in my area is weak again this year.

TexasHSFB
07-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
HSFB is just messing with ya ( I have no clue who you are). He knows how vital freshwater influx into bays is for the spawing of saltwater life. Shrimp crop in my area is weak again this year. No... I'm not joking. It can rain north and the rivers bring water to the bays and ocean. Doesn't have to rain right here. IDC if it rains other places, just not here. Nothing screws up the fishing worse than a big storm and wind.

Wind gets up and it screws all my fishing up..... and the shrimp is perfect near me. :)

FrmSTx
07-05-2009, 07:53 PM
on another note,
I have traveled the state of texas the last month. The area between Ozona and Sonora is the greenest in the state, by far! Crazy in July when the Gulf coast has 95% crop failure and mowers are on their second cutting on I10 South of Iraan!

FrmSTx
07-05-2009, 07:57 PM
So you are saying that the desert like conditions we have right now aren't making it blow already? I was helping a buddy run new boats down around baffin a few weeks ago and the wind was blowing like March! Not supposed to do that in June.

TexasHSFB
07-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
So you are saying that the desert like conditions we have right now aren't making it blow already? I was helping a buddy run new boats down around baffin a few weeks ago and the wind was blowing like March! Not supposed to do that in June. The wind has been blowing 5-10 s/se and the beach is flat and beautiful where I am. I couldn't ask for better conditions. :confused:

Sweetwater Red
07-05-2009, 08:02 PM
The Sun never showed its self today. The high was 84 and the expected low is 68.

Trashman
07-05-2009, 08:46 PM
It was cloudy here in the Wood most of the day, didn't get a drop of rain though.:(

LHS 2SONS
07-05-2009, 09:56 PM
It has been hot and dry here for a while. We usually get around 20 inches at this time of they year and we have only got a little over 11 inches so far and most of that was in April when we got a little over 7 inches. We had no rain in June. Being in an area with crops and livestock it is pretty bad around here. Most people around here are cutting thier corn crops for hay, because it is not worth harvesting. So yes we do need rain.

STANG RED
07-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I've had just over 3" since last Sunday. Everything is nice and green around here right now.
Had to mow twice last week, and will have to do it again in a day or two.

Trashman
07-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
It was cloudy here in the Wood most of the day, didn't get a drop of rain though.:(

Looks like I will have to eat my words.....Just started raining. I'ts real light, but I'll take it!:D

95mustang
07-06-2009, 07:15 AM
WOOHOO. Had over 3 inches of rain during the night here in Brownwood. Gives us a July month total of just over 6 inches. That is an average of an inch a day. To bad they came in 2 storms one last week and one this week.

ronwx5x
07-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Looks like the storms are over the Waco/Temple area and headed southeast towrd the coast. Come on rain!!!!

Looking4number8
07-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Looks like the storms are over the Waco/Temple area and headed southeast towrd the coast. Come on rain!!!!

Temple must have got it pretty hard last night. Our warehouse is in Temple and they lost power last night about 8 PM and as of now still do not have power.

ronwx5x
07-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Oh no, it now appears the storms will pass north of the Houston area and miss us totally. Look out east Texas.

CHS_CG
07-06-2009, 10:31 AM
There is a huge line of rain right above us in waco and it doesnt look like we are gunna get any of it:mad:

waterboy
07-06-2009, 10:33 AM
We had a pretty good shower yesterday, probably about 1/2 inch or better. Today it's been raining pretty steady. I like it! We NEED rain in a bad way. We're about 10 inches below normal. We usually get just over 46 inches a year here, but this year we're sitting at right about 20 inches so far. We'll definitely have some mowing to do after this rain. The Bahia (sp?) gets thick after a good rain in these parts.:(

ronwx5x
07-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
We had a pretty good shower yesterday, probably about 1/2 inch or better. Today it's been raining pretty steady. I like it! We NEED rain in a bad way. We're about 10 inches below normal. We usually get just over 46 inches a year here, but this year we're sitting at right about 20 inches so far. We'll definitely have some mowing to do after this rain. The Bahia (sp?) gets thick after a good rain in these parts.:(

Don't take itall just because you are "Water"boy!. We had almost no rain in June and none so far in July. The Weather forecast calls for scattered showers, but right now the radar doesn't seem to indicate we will get any. Maybe storms will brew up just west of us and bring relief! Congratulations on your rain, though.

waterboy
07-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Don't take itall just because you are "Water"boy!. We had almost no rain in June and none so far in July. The Weather forecast calls for scattered showers, but right now the radar doesn't seem to indicate we will get any. Maybe storms will brew up just west of us and bring relief! Congratulations on your rain, though.
Just looking out for my neck of the woods!:D You're on the north side of Houston, right? All I can say is......I hope the rain is over down there by Thursday! I'll be coming through there on my way to Galveston. I'm taking the family on a mini-vacation this weekend.:thumbsup:

ronwx5x
07-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Just looking out for my neck of the woods!:D You're on the north side of Houston, right? All I can say is......I hope the rain is over down there by Thursday! I'll be coming through there on my way to Galveston. I'm taking the family on a mini-vacation this weekend.:thumbsup:

Will you be coming down I-45 or US 59? We live on the north side of The Woodlands, about 35 miles north of Downtown Houston. About 1 mile west of I-45 off SH 242. You should come by and say hello.

Lots of things to do and see in Galveston, including the beach, Schlitterbahn, The Strand, restaurants, and old restored homes. I'm sure you will have a great time if it's not too hot to enjoy. Any chance for rain looks like it's over by the weekend.

waterboy
07-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Will you be coming down I-45 or US 59? We live on the north side of The Woodlands, about 35 miles north of Downtown Houston. About 1 mile west of I-45 off SH 242. You should come by and say hello.

Lots of things to do and see in Galveston, including the beach, Schlitterbahn, The Strand, restaurants, and old restored homes. I'm sure you will have a great time if it's not too hot to enjoy. Any chance for rain looks like it's over by the weekend.
Hwy 59, and I wouldn't mind stopping by, but my daughters will already be saying, "Are we there yet?", or "How long before we get there?", long before we get close to where you live.:D Maybe you can get away and come down to Galveston for a few hours one day. We go to Galveston every year, and basically all we do is take a tour, or two, and spend the rest of the time at the beach, and a couple of hours at the pool in the late evening. Hopefully, it won't be too hot, and there will be a steady breeze. The mid 90s there, is like............the mid 90s in East Texas :D --- very humid! At least there, there's usually a wind....:clap: ........and a few half naked women to look at......;)

lostaussie
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Just looking out for my neck of the woods!:D You're on the north side of Houston, right? All I can say is......I hope the rain is over down there by Thursday! I'll be coming through there on my way to Galveston. I'm taking the family on a mini-vacation this weekend.:thumbsup: thats funny...........I am going to Galveston this weekend also!!

waterboy
07-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
thats funny...........I am going to Galveston this weekend also!!
Good! Bring your cooler to the 37th Street jetty on Friday and I'll help you empty it!:D

ronwx5x
07-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Rain began about 5:00 AM, still going!!! It's not all over the area, mostly north of Houston, but we're getting it good here. It should be over by this weekend though, since it's supposed to pass on by later this morning.