PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Carter deserves NO more chances....

wildstangs
07-04-2009, 08:05 PM
This guy has been arrested twice since May. I am all for extra chances, but good grief this guy just doesn't want it!

Carter a no-show at Ruff Riders game

Originally published 06:34 p.m., July 4, 2009
Updated 07:18 p.m., July 4, 2009

Quarterback Quincy Carter was a no-show for Saturday night's Abilene Ruff Riders' game against Odessa at Taylor County Coliseum.

When the Riders were introduced, Randy Hymes was named the starting quarterback. Hymes, who signed with the Riders as a receiver and caught four touchdown passes last week against San Angelo, played quarterback in college at Grambling.

Carter had not started a game since being injured late in the May 23 game against El Paso. He played the fourth quarter last week in San Angelo when his backup, David Bowie, went down with an ankle injury. Bowie was released Sunday after throwing four interceptions in a 56-32 loss.

Riders officials said he didn't show up for pregame workouts and was scratched.

A team official said Carter was contacted at his apartment but was "incoherent" in response to questions about his whereabouts.

- Greg Jaklewicz

michaelp23
07-04-2009, 11:13 PM
We were at the game. A rumble went through the crowd after the team was introduced. It wasn't really a surprise, but still dissapointing. This guy is really screwed up. When you get cut by an IFL semi-pro arena football team....... he's done.:doh:

wildstangs
07-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Who won the game?

injuredinmelee
07-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Ruffriders won and Quincy Carter is no longer a member of the team after being cut this evening. How do you get so drunk you miss a game? Aarons is going monday morning to get their property from his apt... lol Way to prove to the world your not a loser.

TexasHSFB
07-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Is he even a good enough player to get another chance?

injuredinmelee
07-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Is he even a good enough player to get another chance?

He makes a huge difference in this league. He is so athletic and throws some perfectly placed darts but he isnt smart enough to play qb on a flag team. Reminds me of Michael Bishop all the talent and ability in the world just dumber than a box of rocks.

TexasHSFB
07-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
He makes a huge difference in this league. He is so athletic and throws some perfectly placed darts but he isnt smart enough to play qb on a flag team. Reminds me of Michael Bishop all the talent and ability in the world just dumber than a box of rocks. Lol.

Isn't he pretty old by now?

injuredinmelee
07-05-2009, 12:29 AM
The IFL is very important, where else can Former Tech QB's play professionally?

injuredinmelee
07-05-2009, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
AFL
shelved... probably for eternity.

IrishTex
07-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Here is a link to the story from deadspin.com

http://deadspin.com/5307867/in-other-former-nfl-quarterback-news

Trashman
07-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
This guy has been arrested twice since May. I am all for extra chances, but good grief this guy just doesn't want it!

I think you are correct, it is just a matter of time before he ends up in prison or worse dead.:(