PDA

View Full Version : 3ADL Hall of Fame?

K-MAC Chuck
07-04-2009, 10:33 AM
hey, just pondering (have some actual down-time so I can think "outside the box")..

Is there now, or are there positive thoughts towards, a 3ADL Hall of Fame? We could induct 1 or a couple of people each July 4th, give a little added celebration to this day/weekend...

Am I off my rocker? Just a thought...

BTW, my grandparents' anniversary is today..they're celebrating today at the Big Fireworks' Display in the sky.

Emerson1
07-04-2009, 10:42 AM
We already have a hall of fame thing you know

Sweetwater Red
07-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
We already have a hall of fame thing you know

And off the top of my head....I think the three charter members
are WOS87, gobbla2001, and Matthew 328?:thinking:

big daddy russ
07-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
And off the top of my head....I think the three charter members
are WOS87, gobbla2001, and Matthew 328?:thinking:
Close. The charter members were gobbla and Matt328. I think the other Matt (admin) and WOS87 were the next two to make the list.

Speaking of which, has anyone done the 2009 Lowies?

SintonFan
07-06-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Founders were Bearcat1 and Gobbla2001, but Matt328 was also a founder of the format you see now. So, Id call those 3 the "founders".
Don't forget Jacket2000 helped, especially in the early days, keeping the Downlow clean from pricks and idiots.:clap::)

SintonFan
07-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
BTW, my grandparents' anniversary is today..they're celebrating today at the Big Fireworks' Display in the sky.
How many years?:)

SintonFan
07-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
He took over for Gobbla when this format was first introduced and eventually, he and Matt238 ran the site for about the first 3 years of the format you see today. Does that qualify for Hall of Fame status?
As far as pricks, you sure he doesn't fall in that category? :eek:
I'm sure there were about 2 or 3 from Marble Falls who set THAT standard.:D
I say NO. He wasn't a prick. He was an equal opportunity ROMer of those who couldn't act older than a 5th grader back then.:clap:

Matthew328
07-06-2009, 08:28 AM
There were some interesting charecters who came across back then.

pirate4state
07-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Close. The charter members were gobbla and Matt328. I think the other Matt (admin) and WOS87 were the next two to make the list.

Speaking of which, has anyone done the 2009 Lowies?

We (the gals :D ) were just discussing the Lowies. No, no one has done the 2009 Lowies. Are you volunteering? :D

Old Cardinal
07-06-2009, 10:59 AM
My son was-- Paratrooper-- at #5 and he has been kicked off several times for in-activity....He served 21 years mostly in "special assignments" in Afghanistan and Iraq. He was busy in combat for the periods when he was kicked off. He is one of the more decorated folks in the Middle East Wars, including the Bronze Star.

Interestingly, he contacted me fairly early and I joined at #30. To keep this thing going back then we would stir up a little controversy to get more people to participate. LOL

Txbroadcaster
07-06-2009, 11:35 AM
well of course I would accept membership into the 3DL HOF...oh wait..ur not asking me :D

SintonFan_inAustin
07-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

Interestingly, he contacted me fairly early and I joined at #30. To keep this thing going back then we would stir up a little controversy to get more people to participate. LOL YES,I remember the Region 4 team from south texas had no speed comments by Bridge City fans :)

alot more smack talk and usually somebody getting ROM every other day.