PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch "Whale Wars" on Animal Planet?

GreenMonster
07-04-2009, 12:43 AM
These people are nuts. Sorry, but I don't care enough about some whales off the Antarctica coast to risk my life in a zodiac trying to chase down the Japanese whaling fleet just so I can throw a few bottles of opsmelling salts at their decks. Just doesn't seem very smart to traipse around in near freezing rough seas in what amounts to a small ski boat.

c-town_balla
07-04-2009, 01:48 AM
I watch it. The people are crazy. So crazy that I root for the Japanese to win.

turbostud
07-04-2009, 05:28 AM
After having been in the U.S. Coast Guard for quite some time, some of the stuff they do is flat out crazy. By ramming anther vessel they are just asking to start taking on water, and that leads to having to abandon ship. Crossing the bow of another vessel is a big NO NO. Alot of the stuff they screw up is because they do not have the experience. I can tell that Sea Shepard hires very inexperienced crew members, who most likely have never been underway, and that is a recipe for disaster, especially considering the nature of where they are sailing. This is because they are volunteers and they cant afford to pay them.
I dont know why they dont concentrate on disabling the Japanese vessels before they ever leave port. I am sure the vessels are under heavy guard, but they need to hit them where it is easiest. Of course if they get busted in Japan they are screwed.

Trashman
07-04-2009, 05:42 AM
They are all nut jobs at best, Paul Watson was kicked out of Green Peace because he was too radical.:rolleyes: