PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed how much our kids are saving energy more than us adults?

SintonFan
07-04-2009, 12:16 AM
It seems like half the commercials out there are all about how much energy our kids save by switching to florescent bulbs and using "smart strips".
I'm confused...
please point out one kid who keeps their parents' refrigerator open less than their parents do.
Let me know when kids are mindful of opening the front door wide open to see if a friend is there on a hot day and keeping it open while the AC is at full blast.
When a child caulked windows or the bathtub?
Leaving lights on throughout the house at night, much to the consternation of their parents.
Had a job and money to pay for hazardous florescent light bulbs(with mercury) and expensive "smart strips"?
Just how are these commercials relevant? :D :D :)
Parent's please add more to this. I am NOT saying all kids do this BUT...:D
I chose my avatar because of these commercials.:nerd:

poisoned10
07-04-2009, 01:40 AM
My little girl turns off her TV every time she leaves her room. She will actually get on to us for leaving the TV on when we're not watching it. She will tell us that, "We're wasting power."

I'm not complaining at all, just think it's funny because she picked that up herself. We didn't really teach her to be that way.

Trashman
07-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
It seems like half the commercials out there are all about how much energy our kids save by switching to florescent bulbs and using "smart strips".
I'm confused...
please point out one kid who keeps their parents' refrigerator open less than their parents do.
Let me know when kids are mindful of opening the front door wide open to see if a friend is there on a hot day and keeping it open while the AC is at full blast.
When a child caulked windows or the bathtub?
Leaving lights on throughout the house at night, much to the consternation of their parents.
Had a job and money to pay for hazardous florescent light bulbs(with mercury) and expensive "smart strips"?
Just how are these commercials relevant? :D :D :)
Parent's please add more to this. I am NOT saying all kids do this BUT...:D
I chose my avatar because of these commercials.:nerd:

I don't think they are any better at saving energy. I think those commercials are aimed at kids to get them to save engery, by making it sound cool.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
07-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
I don't think they are any better at saving energy. I think those commercials are aimed at kids to get them to save engery, by making it sound cool.:thinking:
I think they're aimed at the parents to feel guilty because the kids are saving energy. :p

Trashman
07-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think they're aimed at the parents to feel guilty because the kids are saving energy. :p

That could be true too!:D

SintonFan
07-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Good point.

Looking4number8
07-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Since when did commercials start making sence or telling the thruth about something?

SintonFan
07-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Since when did commercials start making sence or telling the thruth about something?
lol
Yes but now Tinkerbell is pimping her energy solutions.:(
And making me feel guilty.:D