PDA

View Full Version : Suggested remedies for a kidney stone?

PurpleFreddy
07-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Had a rough night/early morning. Have medicated myself with hydrocordone and Coors Light. Any suggestions that do not involve me leaving the house?

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 03:29 PM
have you passed it yet?

turbostud
07-03-2009, 03:40 PM
When I was in the military this guy had one and I went to take a leak at like 3am, he was on the bathroom floor screaming in pain in the fetal position.

Trashman
07-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Consult a doctor before you do this. My best friend had one several years ago. The doc sent me to get a 12 pack. Had to sneak into the hospital cause they don't allow alcahol. LOL

piratebg
07-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Kidney stones are anything but fun. I was already in the hospital when I passed mine. It's the kind of pain that lingers for a couple of days. Just thinking about it again makes cringe.

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 03:44 PM
man this vid shows how awful those things can be
Kidney Stones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRJXJKK1AY)

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 03:44 PM
try lemon juice for stones is what I've heard

gobbler grad
07-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Had a rough night/early morning. Have medicated myself with hydrocordone and Coors Light. Any suggestions that do not involve me leaving the house?

have plenty of Coors Light...:thumbsup:

LionKing
07-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I've had several over the years, other than medication that helps dissolve the stones, drink plenty of cranberry juice, beer, or just plain water

mustang04
07-03-2009, 04:39 PM
soooo....can i start drinkin lots of beer now to pass whatever potential kidney stones i might have???:thinking:

i hope i never get one.....ugggghhh i can only imagine the pain

wildstangs
07-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
soooo....can i start drinkin lots of beer now to pass whatever potential kidney stones i might have???:thinking:

i hope i never get one.....ugggghhh i can only imagine the pain

On Seinfeld, Kramer screamed so loud that Jerry's girlfriends trapeze walking buddy fell off the wire.

BEAST
07-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Drink as much beer as possible. It will flush it out plus ease the pain.

BEAST

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 05:27 PM
We have one of those herbal remedy books and it says something about cranberry juice is supposed to help with them.

Matthew328
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
I am cringing thinking about it

setxsports
07-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Worst pain the world!!!

mustang04
07-03-2009, 05:58 PM
this should be a banned subject....i really am cringing at the thought of having a star shaped stone stuck in me, and then the thought of trying to piss it out...oooooohhhhhhh:eek:

MAMA:(

CelinaCatFan
07-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I had my first kidney stone experience a couple years ago on our way home from the State Semis game between Celina and Snyder. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced.

After a trip to the emergency room in Weatherford that evening, I had two weeks of pain medicine, drank lots of water, and finally passed the thing!

catdaddy
07-03-2009, 09:13 PM
are you not a candidate for ultrasound? the majority of stones, in otherwise healthy people, are caused by a lack of water intake (too much soda/blood acidity)

tex_male
07-04-2009, 11:02 AM
I have had kidney stones due to having high Uric Acid level in my body. Which also causes Gout to form in your joints, more so the joint in your big toe which makes it tender to the touch and hurts like hell.
Alcohol is not suggested as it will elevate the level higher.
I drink lots of water along with meds to keep both from occurring again.
If it is your first time to have kidney stones have the doc check you Uric Acid level.

PurpleFreddy
07-04-2009, 11:58 AM
This will be my third kidney stone since 1992.
I definitely have lost my appetite and after about three beers did not feel like drinking any more. So now it is water and cranberry juice.
My dog knows something is wrong because she stays with me in bed and follows me everywhere.

rancher
07-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Having had two bouts, spoke with Dr. Red Duke the last time I had them. He said kidney stones are more frequent in summer than any other time. It is very simple, lack of fluids in the body. Lots, Lots of H2O (water), keep yourself hydrated.

sinfan75
07-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Had a rough night/early morning. Have medicated myself with hydrocordone and Coors Light. Any suggestions that do not involve me leaving the house? Buddy of mine had one a few years back and the doc told him to drink beer and stay away from milk. He's been drinkin beer ever since.:D

PPHSfan
07-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Pain Diversion. Take some channel locks, and pull your ears off. If that doesn't help, try pulling your upper lip over the top of your head.

Additup
07-05-2009, 01:24 PM
This will be my third kidney stone since 1992.
I definitely have lost my appetite and after about three beers did not feel like drinking any more. So now it is water and cranberry juice.
My dog knows something is wrong because she stays with me in bed and follows me everywhere.
3 times in early '90s
Lemonade or cranberry juice most likely to help break it up some.
Hot bath and walk around a couple of minutes after bath. try once every 2-3 hours. not sure why it helped, but maybe walking helped the stone move south.
I'm gonna go drink some cranberry juice for ya right now, Freddy. Feel for ya, man.

Antec
07-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I was still working at the Journal-Spectator

This was probably in the 90s and Jessie Crow was still the coach

I was in his office during an interview for a story and had a kidney stone attack

He had to rush me to the emergency room that I was in so much pain

It was a Monday and I passed it that night

Just about everyone from my office came down to check on me in the hospital while I was there

slingshot
07-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Team Doc here... lots of fluids (mainly water), Advil, hydrocodone if necessary and talk to your doctor about Flomax--it'll help you pass the stone faster in some cases. Also have your doc do a stone analysis on the little monster after you do pass it--depending on the type of stone it is (there are several) other dietary and medication measures may need to be taken. Good luck!

PurpleFreddy
07-06-2009, 09:00 AM
Going to see my doc this morning ... hydrocodone not lasting as nearly as long as it did when I first began three days ago. I continue to drink lots of fluids but have no appetite. I'll update if something changes later today.