PDA

View Full Version : Get yo' spank onnnn

mustang04
07-03-2009, 01:19 PM
http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Spanking.aspx?cp-searchtext=Spanking&gt1=36010

i used to get my arse spanked like NOBODY's BUSINESS as a kid growing up....and you're damn right i'm gonna spank my kid....i'm glad my dad spanked me...out of all my friends, i could've told you whether they were spanked or not as kids growing up before they even told me....there is a difference between responsible discipline and straight up abuse though....any thoughts??

piratebg
07-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I spank my kids because I love them.

Trashman
07-03-2009, 01:57 PM
I have spanked all my kids........so far they are turning out just fine. As a mtter of fact 3 of them will be getting out early because the warden thinks they are rehabilitated.

CHS_CG
07-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I spank Taylor when she needs it.

turbostud
07-03-2009, 02:51 PM
My daddy used to spank me but I have never spanked my daughter. I cant hit a girl.

coach
07-03-2009, 02:55 PM
i got the hell beat outta me and im glad too....i mean i deserved those beatings and i believe it has made me a more mature person....i also will spank my kids and....i like to spank women too:D

turbostud
07-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by coach
....i like to spank women too:D

Yea but that's different. :D

STANG RED
07-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I can remember more than once, not doing something I was really tempted to do because I knew my Dad would beat my arse till it bleed if I got caught. I cant speak for anyone else, but I know for a fact it worked on me.

SintonFan
07-03-2009, 09:37 PM
I have spanked the boy more than the girl. When they deserved it. When they were young that means much more than now.
It IS tough to spank your own child. Your heart is conflicted but you have to explain to them afterward or before just why they were spanked. Say it in a loving way. That's cool.
But parent's who want good, responsible and law respecting adult children understand that the love from a parent to a child isn't always unconditional. Those who buy into the whole "unconditional love" thing can be very naive when raising children. I'm not saying that is always the case but it happens too often imho.:(

TheDOCTORdre
07-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

But parent's who want good, responsible and law respecting adult children understand that the love from a parent to a child isn't always unconditional. Those who buy into the whole "unconditional love" thing can be very naive when raising children. I'm not saying that is always the case but it happens too often imho.:(

maybe im just slow but can you kinda go into more detail into what you mean?

Keith7
07-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I love spanking!! I will spank my kids.. I spank my little cousins, I spank my dog, I spank my cat, I spank random kids sometimes, I spank pretty much any thing that is spankable.. Spanking is what I love, so spanking is what I do..

Ranger Mom
07-03-2009, 10:08 PM
It didn't take but a few "One...two...three" and a swift hand to the butt for my granddaughter to figure out when KiKi starts counting, you better stop what you are doing.

She gets ONE warning and then the counting starts...I rarely have to get past one!!!

SintonFan
07-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
maybe im just slow but can you kinda go into more detail into what you mean?
You're not.
Parents are faced with the tough choice of whether to spank their child or not. It is tough to be a parent today(but it always has been tough). Some kids might not need spanking but many other kids do. That negative reinforcement is sometimes the best option to get your child to understand the difference between right and wrong(we won't go into moral relativism). It is quick and fairly painless compared to other forms of punishment like grounding. I am one parent who understands that grounding is even harder on older kids than a spanking is(and harder still on parents).
Spanking should be used as a very quick means to correct a behavior that is unacceptable to parents.
I am all for spanking but I don't think it should be used for every situation. Don't forget, most parents are growing up the same time their kids are. Some do that better than others.

TheDOCTORdre
07-03-2009, 10:16 PM
You're not.
Parents are faced with the tough choice of whether to spank their child or not. It is tough to be a parent today(but it always has been tough). Some kids might not need spanking but many other kids do. That negative reinforcement is sometimes the best option to get your child to understand the difference between right and wrong(we won't go into moral relativism). It is quick and fairly painless compared to other forms of punishment like grounding. I am one parent who understands that grounding is even harder on older kids than a spanking is(and harder still on parents).
Spanking should be used as a very quick means to correct a behavior that is unacceptable to parents.
I am all for spanking but I don't think it should be used for every situation. Don't forget, most parents are growing up the same time their kids are. Some do that better than others.

ok i think i was just confused on what you meant when you said unconditional love

SintonFan
07-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
ok i think i was just confused on what you meant when you said unconditional love
Sorry about that.
"Unconditional love" has no place when it comes to raising kids.
If we all believed that then whatever your child did would result in big problems imho. Think about it.

SintonFan
07-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It didn't take but a few "One...two...three" and a swift hand to the butt for my granddaughter to figure out when KiKi starts counting, you better stop what you are doing.

She gets ONE warning and then the counting starts...I rarely have to get past one!!!
What does that have to do with your own kids?:D :p ;)

Ranger Mom
07-03-2009, 10:55 PM
What does that have to do with your own kids?:D :p ;) \

They are too big to spank....so I had to go elsewhere to get my "fix!!":D

SintonFan
07-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
\

They are too big to spank....so I had to go elsewhere to get my "fix!!":D
Grandparents who spank ROCK! That is even tougher to do... they are not you kids legally.:thumbsup: :clap: :)

GreenMonster
07-03-2009, 11:48 PM
I spank my kids. I spank them because I love them, not because I don't. Actually, I say I spank my kids (who are 5 and 7, both girls), but I don't really have to spank my kids anymore. I spanked them when they were little and they learned not to test me because I will follow through on my threats. I never spanked to inflict pain, but rather to make sure I got their attention. Now, on the few occasions that I spank them, it hurts their feelings much worse than it hurts their hind end. I give them more chances now than when they were little to correct their own behavior before I go in for the kill. Then I tagged them swiftly so they learned to stop right away. I did the count thing then but not now. Now I expect them to do what they are told when they are told and if they fail to meet my expectations they are subject to whatever I determine to be appropriate. Usually a stern look or a few stern words. My kids do spend quite a bit of time with their grandparents and I do not expect the grandparents to discipline my kids. That's not fair to them, and my mother-in-law has been known to whip out the phone and threaten to call Daddy if my kids are misbehaving. They tend to straighten up quickly when she pulls that one. I try to be firm but fair, yet that isn't always 100% posible so when they claim I'm being unfair I try to remind them that the world we live in is not always fair and that it is important for them to learn how to overcome bad situations. No one ever said parenting would be fun or easy, but I think that if you parent hard in their formative years it will leave you a lot more time to enjoy them later on without dealing with the constant headaches of a kid that was rarely corrected. We all know about the out of control 5 year old whose mother is constantly following him/her around trying to get him/her to stop. That parent is too late. That kid will never be under control. You have to take care of it early. The Bible tells us that the man that spares his child the rod will pay for it later, we should heed that warning for it is the truth.

SintonFan
07-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Very well put.
Thanks GM.:)

TexasHSFB
07-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
You can tell a huge difference between schools that swing the board and those that dont. When we were in school, we'd rather get the board than saturday or after. Stings for 20 secs and then you are good to go. Much more preferrable. Only the wusses took detention.

And Keith, we would always spank the underclassmen in the hallway. They hated the seniors. It was tradition.

They would see us coming and get out of the way. LMAO just thinking about it.

SintonFan
07-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
When we were in school, we'd rather get the board than saturday or after. Stings for 20 secs and then you are good to go. Much more preferrable. Only the wusses took detention.

And Keith, we would always spank the underclassmen in the hallway. They hated the seniors. It was tradition.

They would see us coming and get out of the way. LMAO just thinking about it.
That doesn't address his observation.:nerd: :p

poisoned10
07-04-2009, 01:37 AM
I spank my kids.

I have a 4 year old girl and 11 month old son. I don't spank my son, but when he is doing something that he shouldn't, such as getting into certain stuff that could hurt him, I will sternly say NO-NO and spat his hand.

Usually, with my girl, I can give her 'the look' and 'voice' and she will straighten up. But there are still times that she wishes to act up still, so I'll let her have it.

I got them plenty of times as a kid and I believe that I turned out pretty decent anyways. I've never been in any trouble with the law or any other kind of major trouble ever. If it worked on me for my parents, then it should work on my kids for my wife and I.

P.S. - I love my kids more than anything else in this world. If I didn't, then I would let them do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted.