PDA

View Full Version : No Huddle Offense

eagle08
07-17-2003, 11:27 PM
I've noticed a few more teams each year going to the no huddle offense. What is your opinion of the no huddle, and what schools do you know of that run it, and run it well?

ItalianStallion
07-17-2003, 11:34 PM
well in Bellville we run the no huddle well but we only run it when time is running out.

Gobbla2001
07-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Southlake does it well... They won State so I'm guessing it's successful...

You have to have some very conditioned players on the O that runs it, though...

Chief Woodman
07-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Decatur runs it, and very well (12-1 last year and lost that game by 1-yard on the last play). It has several advantages. For the teams who do not run it except during the 2-minute drill, they sometime panic and do not do well with it because they do not use it enough. This is further complicated by the fact they they have to spend valuable practice time doing something out of the ordinary. Time which could be put to better use. Think of it as the teams who use the no huddle every down get an extra 10-20 minutes of practice each day. It can (but not always) put extra pressure on the defence. While using this offence, you sometimes catch the wrong "D" personnel on the field or even runing on to the field when the play starts. With the proper read by the QB, this leads to a few big plays every year. Our Sophmore QB last year threw for almost 3,000 yards. Some to do with talent, some to do with having the right offence. Do not mistake the no huddle "O" as a strickly passing "O". Decatur spends about 50% of the plays running. When the "D" has to worry about a potent passing "O" first to keep from giving up the big play, it makes the running game that much more effective.

Gobbla2001
07-18-2003, 10:49 AM
I agree, it should be one of those things that you practice during the week... We practiced it a lot my senior year... 5 minutes left in the game and we were down to Sealy 14-0... Did some two minute and won...

Keith7
07-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Bridgeport kinda does.. they have 2 seperate huddles.. The skill players go to the sidelines and get the play from their coaches, and the line man wait for the QB to come back and tell them what protection they are in

the tigers are back
07-18-2003, 10:59 PM
Woe now goggla... i think you might check your records on the 2001 season.We beat you'll in cuero 21 to 14: but you'll beat is in 2000 when we blocked the field goal and you'll recovered it in the endzone.Hey how are you'll looking this year. :rolleyes:

Jimbotex40
07-18-2003, 11:36 PM
im guessing that the 01 in gobbla01 stands for the year he graduates, not the last year he played football.

generally players do not play in the season the fall after they graduate, im not sure, but i think its illegal.

for instance say gobbla graduated in 2001...his last football season would have been in november or december of 2000, which is probably the year he is saying that they beat yall.

the tigers are back
07-19-2003, 09:08 AM
Thanks botex40, for your feedback. :p

District303aPastPlayer
07-21-2003, 01:52 AM
Sinton Runs a good no huddle offense. its a spread mainly... and it works great

Gobbla2001
07-21-2003, 09:41 AM
He's right, graduated in '01, my senior season was '00...

We're looking great... What about you guys? Ya'll gunna beat us, AGAIN?