PDA

View Full Version : New Buc-ees In Wharton

Blackcat1954
07-02-2009, 12:32 PM
New Buc-ees opened in Wharton Wednesday -its the biggest in Texas almost 30,000 Square Feet

Gas opened at $2.39

Great variety of food, very big and clean, plenty of helpful employes

Across from street from Walmart on Hwy 59

Electus Unus
07-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
New Buc-ees opened in Wharton Wednesday -its the biggest in Texas almost 30,000 Square Feet

Gas opened at $2.39

Great variety of food, very big and clean, plenty of helpful employes

Across from street from Walmart on Hwy 59 Bags of ice $.99?

CheerMom
07-02-2009, 01:23 PM
It's bigger than the one in Luling??

TexasHSFB
07-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
It's bigger than the one in Luling?? And the on in LJ?

It was the biggest in Texas I think.

I'm assuming it has a full drive thru car wash? about 20 gas pumps? and $.99 20lb bags of ice for Bucees is customary.

SWMustang
07-02-2009, 03:56 PM
There is no finer place (other than at home) to drop a deuce than at buc-cees.

Matthew328
07-02-2009, 04:28 PM
AGREE 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best place to drop a duece by far...

Went to the one in Madisonville and was amazed...we need one in DFW!!

SintonFan
07-02-2009, 05:26 PM
They clean the restrooms every fifteen minutes.
Very good jerky at the food counter.

carter08
07-02-2009, 07:02 PM
bigger than the i-10 buc-ee's?

i'm getting tired of buc-ee's. every one of them has the same generic stuff. overpriced too.

at almost any other gas station, you can buy 23 ounce cans of Arizona tea for 99 cents. at the beaver, the only arizona tea is 16oz bottles that cost 1.50. LAME!

mac77
07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by carter08
bigger than the i-10 buc-ee's?

i'm getting tired of buc-ee's. every one of them has the same generic stuff. overpriced too.

at almost any other gas station, you can buy 23 ounce cans of Arizona tea for 99 cents. at the beaver, the only arizona tea is 16oz bottles that cost 1.50. LAME!

Carter my man, take note of the Beaver Aplin business model. Lure you in with reasonable gas prices and a clean restroom and rape you for your drink.

Works pretty good! Made Mr. Aplin a lot of money. Remember this example from your Eco class?

Matthew328
07-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I'll stop there everytime just for the bathroom

Johnnypaycheck
07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Buccee's in Wharton is one snazzy gas station/convenience store!

TexasHSFB
07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by mac77
Carter my man, take note of the Beaver Aplin business model. Lure you in with reasonable gas prices and a clean restroom and rape you for your drink.

Works pretty good! Made Mr. Aplin a lot of money. Remember this example from your Eco class? I'll pay $.20 extra for that nice bathroom and ice, etc everytime.

I'd rather go there and pay 1.49 for a drink over a grimy store that overcrowded and has a small selection with 1.29 drinks. JMO.

A few extra cents is worth it to me. I'll make that up in just my gas or ice.

carter08
07-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by mac77

Works pretty good! Made Mr. Aplin a lot of money. Remember this example from your Eco class?

i remember all about Buc-ee's from your class. i think that was the most used example.

i'll pee at buc-ee's, but i'd rather head down the street to Columbia Stop if I want food and drink.

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:05 AM
i remember all about Buc-ee's from your class. i think that was the most used example.

i'll pee at buc-ee's, but i'd rather head down the street to Columbia Stop if I want food and drink. Lol. Call me racist but I'd rather shop anywhere besides a foreigner's store.

carter08
07-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Lol. Call me racist but I'd rather shop anywhere besides a foreigner's store.

ha.

i'd rather purchase from an individual than a corporation.

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:09 AM
ha.

i'd rather purchase from an individual than a corporation. Good point, but atleast they hire born and bred americans and they are owned by born and bred americans.

Geez.... I guess I'm racist.

carter08
07-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Good point, but atleast they hire born and bred americans and they are owned by born and bred americans.

i went to Columbia Stop yesterday and guess what?

the woman at the front counter was a born and bred white american.

Gators17
07-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Buc-ees is by far the best place to drop a deuce. I do agree that their stuff is a little overpriced but so-what..they have funny ads along the interstate everywhere and a very clean store. best convenient store hands down, IMO.

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:21 AM
i went to Columbia Stop yesterday and guess what?

the woman at the front counter was a born and bred white american. And the other 7 people working there? I'm not talking about 1 person.

How many employees does Bucees currently have?

:hand:

carter08
07-03-2009, 12:25 AM
And the other 7 people working there? I'm not talking about 1 person.

How many employees does Bucees currently have?

:hand:

lots, because buc-ee's has a lot of stores.

i've also heard buc-ee's is not a great place to work at though.

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Good point, but atleast they hire born and bred americans and they are owned by born and bred americans.

so you won't shop somewhere if the people aren't American, white, what? Not getting your point, if you have one?

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:28 AM
lots, because buc-ee's has a lot of stores.

i've also heard buc-ee's is not a great place to work at though. My brother and his wife both worked at bucees for over 2 years. They had no problems and were making good money by the time they left. He went to the army and she moved to Kileen on Ft Hood, so they both had to quit.

I'd get a job there if I wasn't going to college in about 2 months.

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
so you won't shop somewhere if the people aren't American, white, what? Not getting your point, if you have one? If there are 2 stores and one is american owned and the other is foreign owned, I'm going to the american owned one everytime. That's my point.

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:30 AM
If there are 2 stores and one is american owned and the other is foreign owned, I'm going to the american owned one everytime. That's my point. foreign owned how? the gas provider or owner of the store? They are not always one in the same. A lot of convenience stores are privately owned and provided gas by one of the majors

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:31 AM
and calling them American is really shortsighted as most are multi-national corporations.

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:34 AM
foreign owned how? the gas provider or owner of the store? They are not always one in the same. A lot of convenience stores are privately owned and provided gas by one of the majors Individually. I'm not worried about gas.

My point is, I'll choose Bill over Muhammed any day.

Like I said, call me racist.

carter08
07-03-2009, 12:34 AM
If there are 2 stores and one is american owned and the other is foreign owned, I'm going to the american owned one everytime. That's my point.

if the "foreign" owners are U.S. citizens, then aren't both American owned?

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Individually. I'm not worried about gas.

My point is, I'll choose Bill over Muhammed any day.

Like I said, call me racist.
your money, how you spend it is not my problem or concern, was just interested in your rationale, more ignorant than racist.

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:37 AM
if the "foreign" owners are U.S. citizens, then aren't both American owned? One would be american owned and the other arab-american owned?:thinking:

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:37 AM
if the "foreign" owners are U.S. citizens, then aren't both American owned?
just call him a racist, I guess it's what he wants? :confused: LOL
silly :D

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:38 AM
One would be american owned and the other arab-american owned?:thinking: so one is more American as distinguished by race, color, ethnicity, accent, origin of birth?

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:39 AM
your money, how you spend it is not my problem or concern, was just interested in your rationale, more ignorant than racist. Give me your thoughts on why it's ignorant.

I'd support locals before I supported a guy from Saudi Arabia.

What's ignorant about that? If anything, to me, it's racist.

carter08
One would be american owned and the other arab-american owned?:thinking:

african american
mexican american
arab american

why the heck do white people get to be the only "real americans".

DDBooger
Give me your thoughts on why it's ignorant.

I'd support locals before I supported a guy from Saudi Arabia.

What's ignorant about that? If anything, to me, it's racist.
if he's an American, irregardless of race, color or creed, HE'S AMERICAN

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:40 AM
so one is more American as distinguished by race, color, ethnicity, accent, origin of birth? To me.... if you are born here... you're a bit more "american" than a guy who moved here 3 years ago and started a kwikee mart.

carter08
07-03-2009, 12:40 AM
nevermind.

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:41 AM
african american
mexican american
arab american

why the heck do white people get to be the only "real americans". I don't believe that many on here share that idea, but how he explains his rationale, it certainly appears that way. Again, I have no problem with it, his money, his choice.

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:41 AM
african american
mexican american
arab american

why the heck do white people get to be the only "real americans". No, if they're born here... to me they're "americans."

Exceptions would include us military bases overseas of course, etc.

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:42 AM
To me.... if you are born here... you're a bit more "american" than a guy who moved here 3 years ago and started a kwikee mart. which is precisely what this nation wants from immigrants, entrepreneurs. People who create business etc. Is it not?

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
which is precisely what this nation wants from immigrants, entrepreneurs. People who create business etc. Is it not? Totally changed the point there didn't ya?

Uh, I couldn't care less what our govt wants from immigrants... I'm just saying I'd support a local before I supported an immigrant.

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
DD, you're like a fly....
la mosca bionica!

oops, does that mean TEXASHSFB won't respond to my thread? lol
;)
just taking a break from some work. TexasHSFB is always full of great things to talk about! :)

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Totally changed the point there didn't ya?

Uh, I couldn't care less what our govt wants from immigrants... I'm just saying I'd support a local before I supported an immigrant. Actually you changed the point, I didn't say what the govt wanted, it's what is best for society, self sustaining and entrepreneurial minded individuals. And if they are tax paying citizens of a community, well they may have been immigrants, but they are certainly adding to their local community.

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Not exactly what I meant
Like flies on.....

LOL

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Actually you changed the point, I didn't say what the govt wanted, it's what is best for society, self sustaining and entrepreneurial minded individuals. And if they are tax paying citizens of a community, well they may have been immigrants, but they are certainly adding to their local community. Uh? Did I say anything about contributing to a community? They're doing great for little towns, etc. Wonderful.

I'd still support a local before an immigrant... tax paying or not.

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Uh? Did I say anything about contributing to a community? They're doing great for little towns, etc. Wonderful.

I'd still support a local before an immigrant... tax paying or not. no, you didn't, meaning it comes down to an irrational xenophobic mentality. LOL something you'd expect from Kurds, Shia, Sunni or Croats, Muslims and Serbs, not in America. Never the less, to each their own! ;)

DDBooger
07-03-2009, 12:52 AM
More like, you're always either botherin' someone or gettin' into ----
I love a good debate. ;)

TexasHSFB
07-03-2009, 01:29 AM
no, you didn't, meaning it comes down to an irrational xenophobic mentality. LOL something you'd expect from Kurds, Shia, Sunni or Croats, Muslims and Serbs, not in America. Never the less, to each their own! ;) Just saying, I'd rather buy from a local guy(Be him white, black, mexican, etc.) than a someone who just moved here and claims to be "american."

mac77
07-03-2009, 07:44 AM
l TexasHSFB is always full of great things to talk about! :)

Boogerman, you should've had to teach him. Used to drive me nuts somedays.

TexasHSFB, to you I say, "WHEAT!" LOL!

Trashman
07-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Our family does a good deal of traveling. We stop at stores that appear to be clean, and well lighted if at night. We do not care what country the owner/operator/clerk might have originated, as long as they can speak english well enough for us to do business.:rolleyes: If not we won't stop there again. :D

Blackcat1954
07-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Gas Was At $2.36 at Buc-ees yesterday same as Walmart across the Street

Place was more packed yesterday than when it opened on Wednesday

Im sure the holiday weekend will bring bigger crowds-Can't ask for a better location

Matthew328
07-03-2009, 01:43 PM
We need Buc-ee's in DFW

SintonFan
07-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
We need Buc-ee's in DFW
The closest one to me is over an hour.:doh:
But we always stop there when we head to Houston.