PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale80

pirate4state
07-02-2009, 11:03 AM
I saw this and thought of you! :D :D :D

Cribs recalled for suffocation risk

Associated Press
Thursday, July 2, 2009

WASHINGTON — About 400,000 Simplicity drop side cribs are being recalled for posing a suffocation or entrapment hazard.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the crib's hardware can break or deform, allowing the drop side to detach. This creates a gap between the mattress and the side of the crib, where a small child could be trapped or suffocated.

The agency previously reported the death of an 8-month-old child, who suffocated when some of the hardware on his crib broke and created a gap.

Last September, Simplicity recalled about 600,000 drop side cribs with similar defects. In 2007, the company recalled 1 million older model drop side cribs.

link (http://www.caller.com/news/2009/jul/02/cribs-recalled-suffocation-risk/)

rockdale80
07-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I saw this and thought of you! :D :D :D

Cribs recalled for suffocation risk

Associated Press
Thursday, July 2, 2009

WASHINGTON — About 400,000 Simplicity drop side cribs are being recalled for posing a suffocation or entrapment hazard.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the crib's hardware can break or deform, allowing the drop side to detach. This creates a gap between the mattress and the side of the crib, where a small child could be trapped or suffocated.

The agency previously reported the death of an 8-month-old child, who suffocated when some of the hardware on his crib broke and created a gap.

Last September, Simplicity recalled about 600,000 drop side cribs with similar defects. In 2007, the company recalled 1 million older model drop side cribs.

link (http://www.caller.com/news/2009/jul/02/cribs-recalled-suffocation-risk/)

Oh my god...time to panic. Let us all get together and and freak out in an effort to ban cribs in general. The only good crib is a dead crib. ;)

If a crib comes walking up on my land I will kill it and eat its heart.

I wonder how many children this crib has injured since the number of deaths isnt as high as I assumed it would be. Maybe some were viciously mauled and disfigured. :hand: :kiss: