PDA

View Full Version : Realignment

wildstangs
07-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Still 7 months away, but who might be moving up or down. And no, Abilene Wylie doesn't cheat and probably wont move up.

garciap77
07-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Still 7 months away, but who might be moving up or down. And no, Abilene Wylie doesn't cheat and probably wont move up.

:2thumbsup

Old Dog
07-01-2009, 10:08 PM
If the number split stays close to the same as the current alignment break, I think Burnet will likely return to 4-A........hope not, but a fair chance.

I would really like to see the realignment break districts up into Division I & II; that would be mighty interesting!

waterboy
07-02-2009, 07:29 AM
They may not cheat;) , but everybody keeps their eyes on their enrollment numbers because they know that 3A always stops at their enrollment number +1, or there abouts.:doh: ;)

:D

Aesculus gilmus
07-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
If the number split stays close to the same as the current alignment break, I think Burnet will likely return to 4-A........hope not, but a fair chance.

I would really like to see the realignment break districts up into Division I & II; that would be mighty interesting!

I think the superintendents will oppose this because of the extra traveling it would require. It would likely more than double the length of Gilmer's average road trip during district play.

Ex-Tiger2005
07-02-2009, 10:07 AM
a lot of schools in this area might go 2a if the numbers change!

BEAST
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
a lot of schools in this area might go 2a if the numbers change!

Who all are you refering to?

BEAST

LionKing
07-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I think the superintendents will oppose this because of the extra traveling it would require. It would likely more than double the length of Gilmer's average road trip during district play. All indications are pointing to the U.I.L. going to the D1-D2 format, they're doing it in 1A, 2A-5A will be next, superintendents will oppose in areas that aren't used to having to go further for road trips, of course they won't get any symphethy from school officials whose schools already travel 100-150 miles for road district games.

PPSTATEBOUND
07-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

Rumor has it 1A cut off will be 252......:eek:

Buckeye1980
07-02-2009, 11:01 AM

:fnypost:

Dogman_1969
07-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Rumor has it 1A cut off will be 252......:eek:

At that number Rockdale, Cameron and several other 3A teams may not only go to 2A but down to 1A. If 1A was 252 then Rockdale would be 2A. The Yoeman may go down to 1A. They could be in the district with Thorndale, Granger, Holland & Thrall.

I doubt 252 in 1A is correct.....

bigwood33
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
I can't imagine anyone thinking that AW "cooks the books" when it comes to enrollment numbers. They aren't the biggest 3A school...they are the 4th biggest!;) AW had 956, Paris North Lamar had 958, Burnet had 975 and Alvarado had 976!

The thing that burns my butt is the way the UIL handles new schools in the high growth areas around the Metroplex. Lucas Lovejoy reported 848 (only 3 classes- incoming 8th, 9th, and 10th) and the UIL says that there is no way to predict what their enrollment will be when they have 4 classes...B.S.! We are about to get another dose of this with Frisco opening another new school this fall and then another one in 2 years. I know the same thing happened in the Austin area this year.
District 8 is being impacted by this type of short sighted approach. Wimberley, Ingram Moore, and Fischer Canyon Lake are all being moved from District 8 to District 30 for everything except football. So, their volleyball team will be playing someone from District 30 while the football team is still playing in District 8. There is no way that parents and kids will be able to attend both unless the vb games are moved to Saturdays. IT also moves them from Reg 1 to Reg 4 for everything except football. We, Whitesboro, along with Pilot Point experienced this 2 years ago when we were moved from District 9 to District 8 because of a new Frisco school and Lovejoy. The move happened between years 1 and 2 of the standard alignment. I had a son playing football and a daughter playing vb. My wife and I took turns going to the vb games and hustling to try to get to football. My daughter was also a varsity cheerleader and missed the 1st half of several games.
Can't predict their enrollment my a$$! :mad:

bigwood33
07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
At that number Rockdale, Cameron and several other 3A teams may not only go to 2A but down to 1A. If 1A was 252 then Rockdale would be 2A. The Yoeman may go down to 1A. They could be in the district with Thorndale, Granger, Holland & Thrall.

I can guarantee that no one knows what the number will be. That sounds like a P.O.O.R. WAG!

Z-RO
07-02-2009, 04:36 PM
I am betting Breckenridge drops to 2A, I was looking at DCTF and they seemed to have just squeeked into 3A last realignment.

Rabid Cougar
07-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Cameron goes 2A regardless.
China Spring goes back to the Waco District in Region III.

LH Panther Mom
07-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
sighted approach. Wimberley, Ingram Moore, and Fischer Canyon Lake are all being moved from District 8 to District 30 for everything except football. So, their volleyball team will be playing someone from District 30 while the football team is still playing in District 8.
That's definitely not my idea of a great time, but I think it would be pretty difficult to schedule a complete seasons' worth of games otherwise. A bunch of freshmen might not be able to compete as well in baseball, basketball, volleyball, etc. as if they had all 4 grades, but it'd be pure insanity to force them into varsity football schedules (which are set for 2 years for majority of games).

bigwood33
07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's definitely not my idea of a great time, but I think it would be pretty difficult to schedule a complete seasons' worth of games otherwise. A bunch of freshmen might not be able to compete as well in baseball, basketball, volleyball, etc. as if they had all 4 grades, but it'd be pure insanity to force them into varsity football schedules (which are set for 2 years for majority of games). Let them play 5A and 4A jv's until they are in their proper classification. These '1 and done' 3A schools that should really open as 4A don't get any sympathy from me (I've lived it). When one of them opens the 2nd year of alignment, they should be the one's who travel and are inconvenienced. Also, never and I mean never put 2 or 3 of them in the same district forcing other schools out of the district mid alignment. Scatter them across 2 or 3 districts and just go from 6 to 7 or 7 to 8 team districts for vb, bb, track, etc.

mwynn05
07-02-2009, 10:19 PM

I doubt 252 in 1A is correct..... what in the world are you smoking???? your telling me cameron has lost 185 kids in just the high school in two years???? Thats a 42% decrease im calling BS...they will be no where close to 250....330 at the absolute least

Twirling Time
07-02-2009, 10:20 PM
If 252 is the new cutoff, a lot of schools in this area — Whitewright, Honey Grove, Bells, Clarksville, Valley View — will drop.

That's an awfully big move, even if the UIL is trying to fill up 1A to make the split divisions work.

The top of 2A would probably move up to 500, which'll make things interesting for Celina — the economy has hit move-ins there and they're stuck on right about that number. Van Alstyne and Commerce will drop too, but they're probably going to drop anyway.

bigwood33
07-03-2009, 07:33 AM
The bottom number of 3A is currently 430...I cannot remember a time when the number has gone down and I cannot imagine that it will this time. It will most likely go up...somewhere in the 445- 455 range. Remember, everything starts with 5A. There is by rule a minimum and a maximum number of schools in 5A and that is the only classification that has a min/max rule. Here are the current enrollment cutoffs and numbers of schools in each classification. Remember, it is unlikely that the UIL will "grow" class A for football because that also impacts everything else and there are already 380 class A teams playing basketball.

(b) CONFERENCES. Participating high schools and charter schools shall be divided into
conferences for the 2008-09 and 2009-10 school years according to the following
enrollments:
Conference 5A.......2085 and up
Conference 4A............980-2084
Conference 3A..............430-979
Conference 2A..............200-429
Conference A......199 and below
Enrollment cutoff*99 and below
For the current school year, there are approximately the following number of basketball
schools in each conference:
Conference 5A.....................245
Conference 4A.....................243
Conference 3A.....................180
Conference 2A.....................225
Conference A.......................380
*Six-man football and basketball and spring meet large/small schools.

wildstangs
07-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Any chance y'all move back up? Probably the only school in the state that would benefit from moving up.

The only reason we moved back down to 4A last time around was because the 5A number went higher. We were growing at the time, just not that fast. Looks like we will be close again.

Ex-Tiger2005
07-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

oh i dont know exactly its just hear say! ive heard lamesa but i cant believe that one!

Matthew328
07-03-2009, 02:24 PM
if memory serves me right Everman's gonna be around 1050...still think we stay 4A but it would not bother me in the least to drop back to 3A

wildstangs
07-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
if memory serves me right Everman's gonna be around 1050...still think we stay 4A but it would not bother me in the least to drop back to 3A

Please drop down to 3A.

Matthew328
07-03-2009, 02:27 PM
ETB is right you guys might be the only school in the state to benefit from being 5A as opposed to 4A...LOL

Hey I drove through the old part of town and saw the old gym and old football stadium...is it still used at all?

squid
07-03-2009, 03:45 PM
wildstangs, are you originally from Clyde or Merkel? Those yokels are usually the ones that gripe and complain about Wylie's numbers....

wildstangs
07-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by squid
wildstangs, are you originally from Clyde or Merkel? Those yokels are usually the ones that gripe and complain about Wylie's numbers....

I am offended. Do I look like I have a goat tied to a truck out front?

I am from Sweetwater. I don't complain about Wylie's numbers - I have always said the cheating claims were bogus.

wildstangs
07-03-2009, 03:58 PM
ETB is right you guys might be the only school in the state to benefit from being 5A as opposed to 4A...LOL

Hey I drove through the old part of town and saw the old gym and old football stadium...is it still used at all?

Decker is used for some events. We were going to have a scrimmage over there last year for football, but decided to use the track field instead.

wildstangs
07-03-2009, 04:03 PM

Last time in 5A we were in Summit's district about the time John Chiles was there. I would rather go to the Burleson, Haltom, Weatherford, and Abilene district than the Arlington way.

wildstangs
07-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Those days are LONG gone.

Yeah, it looks like Mansfield has diluted their talent pool. Actually, we were 5A 2006-2007, so Chiles might have been gone by then.

Correction: We were 5A 2004-2007, so we did see Chiles.

Matthew328
07-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm hearing all 4 Mansfield schools might be 4A...wonder if they get sent east this time??

wildstangs
07-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm hearing all 4 Mansfield schools might be 4A...wonder if they get sent east this time??

Great. They will probably just make a 10 team district with:
Arlington Seguin
Crowley
Everman
Granbury
Joshua
Mansfield Legacy
Mansfield Timberview
Mansfield High
Mansfield Summit
Stephenville

District 7 is the 10 team Ft. Worth district, and District 9 is the Frisco/Denton area.

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2009, 04:39 PM

I am from Sweetwater. I don't complain about Wylie's numbers - I have always said the cheating claims were bogus.

I had never even heard of the claims until I joined this board. I
don't know how serious people are about it. I've always thought
it was just a running joke on here.

wildstangs
07-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I had never even heard of the claims until I joined this board. I
don't know how serious people are about it. I've always thought
it was just a running joke on here.

I think all the claims have died down since Merkel and Clyde dropped to 2A and were relieved of their yearly beatings by the Bulldogs.

squid
07-04-2009, 08:22 AM
I work with alot of Clod and Merkin folk.....they still complain about Wylie on a regular basis.

Matthew328
07-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Great. They will probably just make a 10 team district with:
Arlington Seguin
Crowley
Everman
Granbury
Joshua
Mansfield Legacy
Mansfield Timberview
Mansfield High
Mansfield Summit
Stephenville

District 7 is the 10 team Ft. Worth district, and District 9 is the Frisco/Denton area.

Naaa I think what may happen is West Texas may lose 4-4A Big Spring and Pampa may drop and the remaining schools in 4-4A could get consolidated into 3-4A....

lulu
07-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
They may not cheat;) , but everybody keeps their eyes on their enrollment numbers because they know that 3A always stops at their enrollment number +1, or there abouts.:doh: ;)

:D

Hey Waterboy....You know I'v heard that said about Gilmer but then I don't keep up so it's just ill feelings IMO.

How you doing ? I have been playing Grannie for 3 weeks. Been reading but not much posting.

lakers
07-06-2009, 09:48 PM

You're a..........

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb30/Zazael/donkey.jpg
:hand:

GreenMonster
07-06-2009, 09:56 PM

Dude, the very bottom of 3A is close to 400. I'm at a 2A school that turned in 290 and we are in the bottom half of 2A.

GreenMonster
07-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Y'all gonna win one this year? We better or I'll be updating the resume. We should. We have more seniors coming back than we have had each of the past 2 years combined and they all have been getting game time since at least their sophmore year. This group has also worked hard in the weight room so we are actually going to hit the field as big or bigger than our opponents. We've gotten faster with the influx of some of our young guys, but speed is still an issue. I think we'll win 4 or 5 and that number should continue to grow for the next few years. The jr high program here was non existant and the offseason program was pathetic until we came in. We immediately straightened that out, but as you know it takes a few years for those changes to really start showing up when you play against folks that have been doing that stuff all along.

charlesrixey
07-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
If 252 is the new cutoff, a lot of schools in this area — Whitewright, Honey Grove, Bells, Clarksville, Valley View — will drop.

That's an awfully big move, even if the UIL is trying to fill up 1A to make the split divisions work.

The top of 2A would probably move up to 500, which'll make things interesting for Celina — the economy has hit move-ins there and they're stuck on right about that number. Van Alstyne and Commerce will drop too, but they're probably going to drop anyway.

anyone know celina's ADM yet? i thought they didnt calculate that until october?

would be interesting to see the bobcats take a 3rd farewell tour

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Out of district 13-AAA

Farmersville will more than likely return to AA
Lucas Lovejoy will move up to AAAA
Princeton might move up to AAAA
Everyone else should stay in AAA

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 07:30 AM
I think Pilot Point may rejoin Celina's district in AAA the next realignment!

PPSTATEBOUND
07-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I think Pilot Point may rejoin Celina's district in AAA the next realignment!

:p ..Wishful thinking..we had a 421 count at the end of 2009 school year.....:devil: ..2A cutoff should move to 445-455 at most...you do the math...sodbuster.

mwynn05
07-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
anyone know celina's ADM yet? i thought they didnt calculate that until october?

would be interesting to see the bobcats take a 3rd farewell tour considering school doesnt start for another month and a half i doubt it

Farmersfan
07-07-2009, 07:52 AM
:p ..Wishful thinking..we had a 421 count at the end of 2009 school year.....:devil: ..2A cutoff should move to 445-455 at most...you do the math...sodbuster.

So much venom!!!!!

PP, is that an accurate enrollment (421)? I thought we were looking at a much higher number in Pilot Point. If you aren't just using "funny math" then Pilot Point looks to stay at 2AA. I'm pretty sure Farmersville will move back down to 2AA. It's like a rollercoaster with all the up and downs every two years....:D

ronwx5x
07-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Last year's ADM shows Prosper at 657 and Celina at 479. I can't imagine Prosper going up enough to be AAAA, or Celina dropping enough to be AA, based on those numbers. The cutoff on both high and low ends would have to move a very large amount.

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 08:43 AM
PP Steakhound there is just skeered!!!! He knows his beloved Kitty Cats stand a good chance of moving up and then getting the snot pounded out of em by the likes of Prosper and Celina....lol No seriously, it should be close either way I think though....

PPSTATEBOUND
07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
So much venom!!!!!

PP, is that an accurate enrollment (421)? I thought we were looking at a much higher number in Pilot Point. If you aren't just using "funny math" then Pilot Point looks to stay at 2AA. I'm pretty sure Farmersville will move back down to 2AA. It's like a rollercoaster with all the up and downs every two years....:D

You'll never change.....I'll send you the PP Paper it was printed in a couple weeks ago if you give me your adress...then you can call the school/paper out on the "FUNNY MATH".....

Best of luck not getting thumped in regionals again when yall move down!:devil:

PPSTATEBOUND
07-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
PP Steakhound there is just skeered!!!! He knows his beloved Kitty Cats stand a good chance of moving up and then getting the snot pounded out of em by the likes of Prosper and Celina....lol No seriously, it should be close either way I think though....

PP stays 2A, and gets the chance to thump your poor dirtdiggers in region AGAIN!:inlove:

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 09:25 AM
lol....That is a distinct possibility, and after this season the talent pool in the Ville goes way down! So, I wouldn't be suprised, however history shows that it has been an intense playoff rivalry with PP leading in victories, but each and every game was a nail biter right down to the wire! Good luck to you guys this year. Hopefully we will have a better year this year also. We will meet up with the likes of Prosper this year and possibly even Celina! So, we know how it feels!

PP stays 2A, and gets the chance to thump your poor dirtdiggers in region AGAIN!:inlove:

ssgmp5150
07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
The playoff game could be in Princeton with their new stadium...lol

Farmersfan
07-07-2009, 09:48 AM
You'll never change.....I'll send you the PP Paper it was printed in a couple weeks ago if you give me your adress...then you can call the school/paper out on the "FUNNY MATH".....

Best of luck not getting thumped in regionals again when yall move down!:devil:

No ill will intended PP!!! I was simply asking a reasonable question. Everything I have heard had your Bearcats moving down by only 1/2 student. With all the growth in the area it just seems accurate that we can expect at least 1/2 student to move into the area.
:D :D :D :D

And the Bearcat's single victory over the Farmers in Regionals is hardly a reason to crow. I would love to meet up with your team again in Regionals. Win or lose it would be sweet. (Almost as sweet as what we did to Caddo Mills after a full year of smack talk from those guys)!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: