PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers

I. B. Watching
07-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Thank God they won last night. It was nice to see the big bats come back. I can't wait for tonight's matchup

SintonFan_inAustin
07-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
Thank God they won last night. It was nice to see the big bats come back. I can't wait for tonight's matchup Angels had the right pitcher on the mound for the Rangers bats to come alive as Saunders only struggles in Arlington. Lets hope they win tonight as it's starting to look like the same routine of fading right around the All Star break.

I. B. Watching
07-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Yeah. I always call it their July Swoon. There's always hope that this year will be different. Seems as soon as it starts getting really hot in the Metroplex the Rangers melt

eagles_victory
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
My first game to ever see a walkoff homerun at last night it was awesome.

waterboy
07-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Last night's walk-off homerun by Blalock was absolutely crucial because the Rangers had blown a 7-1 lead. If they hadn't have won it in the bottom of the ninth, I think the Angels would've won it -- probably in the 10th, and that would've been a tough loss.....maybe one of those losses that keeps the slump going. The Rangers' bats have been coming back to life lately. That's a good sign. :thinking: Hmmmm......is it just me, or does it seem like the Rangers always do better against the opposition's ace pitchers? By that same token, they always make the opposition's struggling pitcher look like an ace....:doh:

crzyjournalist03
07-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Last night's walk-off homerun by Blalock was absolutely crucial because the Rangers had blown a 7-1 lead. If they hadn't have won it in the bottom of the ninth, I think the Angels would've won it -- probably in the 10th, and that would've been a tough loss.....maybe one of those losses that keeps the slump going. The Rangers' bats have been coming back to life lately. That's a good sign. :thinking: Hmmmm......is it just me, or does it seem like the Rangers always do better against the opposition's ace pitchers? By that same token, they always make the opposition's struggling pitcher look like an ace....:doh:

The Rangers are 15-4 against the West...with their dominance in the division so far, they're the only team with a winning record in games within the division. Considering that the September schedule is chocked full of games against the West, that definitely bodes well.

Breakdown by team right now:

Vs. LAA 5-1
Vs. SEA 5-0
Vs. OAK 5-3

roadtrip to LA and Seattle next week right before the break.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The Rangers are 15-4 against the West...with their dominance in the division so far, they're the only team with a winning record in games within the division. Considering that the September schedule is chocked full of games against the West, that definitely bodes well.

Breakdown by team right now:

Vs. LAA 5-1
Vs. SEA 5-0
Vs. OAK 5-3

roadtrip to LA and Seattle next week right before the break. wow, hadnt noticed they've been this good within their own division. Lets hope the Rangers can keep this dominance going.

I. B. Watching
07-02-2009, 04:53 PM
I was so down after they blew that big lead. I came close to going to bed. Glad I stayed with them. I think they need this day off though. I know I do. You can't relax when you watch a Ranger game. No lead seems safe. lol