PDA

View Full Version : old man reminds me of walt(gran torino)

DU_stud04
07-01-2009, 11:15 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5698062/Burglar-left-bruised-and-bleeding-by-retired-boxer-72.html

Emerson1
07-01-2009, 11:16 AM
If that happened here the old man would be in jail and the burglar would get millions of dollars.

DDBooger
07-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
If that happened here the old man would be in jail and the burglar would get millions of dollars. this is why people believe all those FWD emails they get! lol

Sweetwater Red
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5698062/Burglar-left-bruised-and-bleeding-by-retired-boxer-72.html

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have ****** with? That's me.

:clap: :D :clap:

DDBooger
07-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have ****** with? That's me.

:clap: :D :clap: great movie!!! I like it how EVERYONE was equally worthless to him! Nobody plays a better craggy old man with a mean attitude then Eastwood.

Sweetwater Red
07-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
great movie!!! I like it how EVERYONE was equally worthless to him! Nobody plays a better craggy old man with a mean attitude then Eastwood.

I agree. God I wanted to punch his two sons.:mad:

waterboy
07-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I agree. God I wanted to punch his two sons.:mad:
Yeah, they were worthless, and poor excuses for sons, in my opinion.:(

DDBooger
07-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Never miss an opportunity to spend time with my father...but I think if you all watch the movie again, you'll see that he sort of blames himself for how his sons turned out. HE wasn't affectionate towards them and I think at his confession he acknowledges that. Not excusing the sons though. Eastwood gave him depth, otherwise he'd just be some old foul mouth.

waterboy
07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Never miss an opportunity to spend time with my father...
I agree with that. My Daddy died in '93. He became my friend only AFTER I was a grown-up. There's still an empty void there that can't be filled.