PDA

View Full Version : Texas LB treated for concussion after crash

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2009, 10:34 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texas-kindlecrash&prov=ap&type=lgns

AUSTIN, Texas (AP)—Texas linebacker Sergio Kindle was treated for a concussion after crashing his car into an Austin apartment building last week while he was either sending or receiving a text message, his attorney said Monday.

Kindle’s attorney, Brian Roark, said Kindle lost control of the car on June 24 while looking at the message.

“It was probably something he should not have been doing,” Roark said.

The crash caused about $8,700 damage and no one inside was hurt. After the crash, Kindle pushed the car back into the street and went home. He was checked by team doctors and told he had a concussion but did not have to be hospitalized.

University spokesman John Bianco said Kindle told his coaches about the accident the next morning.

“We’re glad nobody else was hurt and he’s going to be fine,” Bianco said.

Police Cpl. Scott Perry said police are still investigating but no charges have been filed. Perry said police have not talked to Kindle or Roark.

Because Kindle hit a stationary object and did not injure anyone else, he is only required to file a report with the Texas Department of Transportation, Roark said, adding he planned to file it as early as Monday.

Roark said Kindle would pay for the damages himself or through insurance if it is covered.

Kindle, a senior from Dallas, had 10 sacks last season. In 2007, he missed the first three games while serving a suspension for a drunken driving arrest.

Bull's-eye
06-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Please tell your loved ones to not text while driving. My friend teaches a driving class and he is very concerned about all these accidents due to the cell phone, especially with the younger drivers. :)

DDBooger
06-30-2009, 10:45 AM
I see it all the time too! insane!

PPHSfan
06-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I was driving thru OHIO a few weeks ago. Had the cruise set at 60. Got passed by a guy on a crotch rocket like I was sitting still. 3 seconds later he slowed down to 40 right in front of me, and I almost creamed him. Went around him and he had raised his helmet and was typing a text. ( While riding a friggin motorcycle ):eek:

waterboy
06-30-2009, 10:54 AM
DO NOT TEXT WHILE DRIVING!! I just lost a 26-year-old cousin three weeks ago due to texting while driving. He had a baby girl who will have to go through life without her Daddy, and a beautiful wife that will have to start her life all over again because of it. If texting while driving continues to be a problem, I look for a law to be enacted within the next year or so. It CAN be just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. Actually, anything that takes your attention away from the road is dangerous. BE CAREFUL PEOPLE!!

DDBooger
06-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Actually, anything that takes your attention away from the road is dangerous. BE CAREFUL PEOPLE!! g/f with a rack on her=DANGEROUS. I hit a brick mailbox in hs cause I couldn't wait till I got home! :D

waterboy
06-30-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
g/f with a rack on her=DANGEROUS. I hit a brick mailbox in hs cause I couldn't wait till I got home! :D
Probably couldn't wait to get home AFTER you dropped her off.......huh?:D

DDBooger
06-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Probably couldn't wait to get home AFTER you dropped her off.......huh?:D Father turned a whole different shade and I swear he had a new gray hairs after.

PPHSfan
06-30-2009, 11:05 AM
When I was in high school we had to write out text messages on Big Chief paper and stick it through the vent in a wall locker.

DDBooger
06-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
When I was in high school we had to write out text messages on Big Chief paper and stick it through the vent in a wall locker. we used to locker bomb people who rigged their lockers so they could open em up w/o scrolling the combo. just open em and pour it all out.

waterboy
06-30-2009, 11:50 AM
I wasn't that subtle...:devil: I gave out swirlies.......with dirty water......:D Looking back....that was just mean!:devil:

Phil C
06-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Hopefully Sergio will learn his lesson and stay focused and do some real damage this fall (pun intended).