PDA

View Full Version : for all you golfers out there....

coach
06-29-2009, 10:41 PM
have any of you played Tour 18 in HUmble?

RiverRat19
06-29-2009, 11:00 PM
I did a few years ago and thought it was pretty tough. I liked it and would play again if in the area except on a weekday for the better rate and when it wasn't so hot... Did well on the 17 @ Sawgrass, 18 at Doral but Amen Corner did me in.

coach
06-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
I did a few years ago and thought it was pretty tough. I liked it and would play again if in the area except on a weekday for the better rate and when it wasn't so hot... Did well on the 17 @ Sawgrass, 18 at Doral but Amen Corner did me in.

i did awesome on amen corner....par birdie bogey...shot an 89 though

rockdale80
06-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by coach
have any of you played Tour 18 in HUmble?

Good course. Played it for a benefit a few years ago.

scrub c
06-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Yeah! been a while, last time I played there was a tournament. The course was awesome, but the "part time beverage cart attendants" were really awesome... I believe they had full time jobs over at one of the upscale "lunch buffets"

GreenMachine
06-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Very fun golf course if you can stand 5+ hour rounds, even on weekdays. Did well on the island green, hit it within 10 feet of the hole. Went 1 over through amen corner.

RiverRat19
06-30-2009, 10:40 PM
My Amen Corner experience at Tour 18-
At #11 I double bogey after pushing my drive right into the pine straw and 3 putting... #12 I nuke a 9 Iron into the junk behind the green (which is the most narrow green I have ever tried to hit into- I think my living room is deeper) and double again, THEN at #13 I hit a great drive and come what seemed like a foot short on the approach and am in the creek... another double... Not real proud of myself there. I had to have an extra order from the beverage cart to try to calm myself.

I also had the pleasure of hitting into the "church pews" and the 14th from Pebble was much tougher than I had anticipated. Those were really the holes that gave me fits. Otherwise I played well and only shot a 95. Not too bad for the first time playing the course and I'd love to do it again if given the opportunity.

jason
06-30-2009, 10:58 PM
i played a tournament at the one up here in north texas a few years ago - from everything i had heard about the course, it was a pretty good let down - course wasnt in very good shape and the greens were so-so...

wouldnt pay full price to go back....

coach
07-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
My Amen Corner experience at Tour 18-
At #11 I double bogey after pushing my drive right into the pine straw and 3 putting... #12 I nuke a 9 Iron into the junk behind the green (which is the most narrow green I have ever tried to hit into- I think my living room is deeper) and double again, THEN at #13 I hit a great drive and come what seemed like a foot short on the approach and am in the creek... another double... Not real proud of myself there. I had to have an extra order from the beverage cart to try to calm myself.

I also had the pleasure of hitting into the "church pews" and the 14th from Pebble was much tougher than I had anticipated. Those were really the holes that gave me fits. Otherwise I played well and only shot a 95. Not too bad for the first time playing the course and I'd love to do it again if given the opportunity.

i hit in the pews and came out with a bogey and i made a 45 ft putt on 11 knocked an 8 iron 3 ft fro the whole on 12 and made bogey on 13...i wa proud of myself

coach
07-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by jason
i played a tournament at the one up here in north texas a few years ago - from everything i had heard about the course, it was a pretty good let down - course wasnt in very good shape and the greens were so-so...

wouldnt pay full price to go back....
go to the one in humble....these were the nicest fairways i have ever been on...the were so green and it felt like carpet...i think you will enjoy this course more and also the prices have gone way down bc of how hot it is and none wants to play in the heat