PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young + Reggie Bush + Tom Brady = Terrelle Pryor

Electus Unus
06-29-2009, 08:03 PM
That's Mr. Heisman to You

Among the numerous reasons for Ohio State fans to be happy going into the 2009 season, Terrelle Pryor has to top the list.

The sophomore phenom is ready to build on the foundation that he laid for the Buckeyes in '08.

Not since Reggie Bush and Vince Young have we seen an athlete of Pryor's caliber in college football. Sure, Tim Tebow has won two titles and a Heisman since those two dominated the competition, but even Tebow is not on the level of pure athleticism that Terrelle Pryor enjoys.

Behind an experienced offensive line in '08, Pryor was 100 of 165 passing for 1,311 yards with twelve TD's and four INT's. He also rushed for 631 yards on 139 carries with six TD's.

What makes those stats really special is that he was a true freshman in '08.

Now a year older, smarter, and competition tested, Pryor just might have quite a treat in store for the Buckeye-faithful. Sure you lost WR's Robiskie and Hartline, but Ohio State almost always reloads with top-notch, skill position talent.

Pryor is a once-per-decade talent. Combine the quickness and speed of Vince Young, with the elusiveness of Reggie Bush, and the arm of Tom Brady and the result will be something close to Terrelle Pryor.

Pryor is a hybrid player. The kid is just an all-out athlete.

Maybe you call this player-worship. Maybe you'll say I am crazy. Hey, maybe I am, but I know an elite player when I see one. I am not even remotely a Buckeye fan. I just love good college football, and this guy is the very epitome of what is good about the game.

I expect big things from the Buckeyes in '09. Terrelle Pryor winning the Heisman may just be one of those big things.

sahen
06-29-2009, 08:37 PM
haha...

Robert Griffin > Terrelle Pryor

Griffin had better stats in a better conference in the hardest division in football.....

once in a decade talent that isnt even the best at what he does ::rolls eyes::

that said, it may not end up that way when they finish college however if you go by their first years in college Pryor is not in Griffin's league....

Trashman
06-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by sahen
haha...

Robert Griffin > Terrelle Pryor

Griffin had better stats in a better conference in the hardest division in football.....

once in a decade talent that isnt even the best at what he does ::rolls eyes::

Griffin is a great athlete and good kid, but Baylor will have to win the Big 12 South for him to get the Heisman.:thinking:

At this point, I think the Heisman is Tim Tebow's to lose.:D

Sweetwater Red
06-29-2009, 08:48 PM
This begs for an Ohio St. Joke. But I kinda like my current user name.

Emerson1
06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
HAHAHA

turbostud
06-29-2009, 09:08 PM
More frustrating than an Ohio State double overtime loss? CBS coverage of an Ohio State double overtime loss.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3421/3298376716_7a96f7d448.jpg?v=0

JasperDog94
06-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Terrelle Pryor has to top the list.

Yeah, Terrelle Pryor will be at the top of the list when there are two returning Heisman winners, not to mention that kid from UT that was right up there with them last year.:p

solocam
06-29-2009, 09:17 PM

Among the numerous reasons for Ohio State fans to be happy going into the 2009 season, Terrelle Pryor has to top the list.

The sophomore phenom is ready to build on the foundation that he laid for the Buckeyes in '08.

Not since Reggie Bush and Vince Young have we seen an athlete of Pryor's caliber in college football. Sure, Tim Tebow has won two titles and a Heisman since those two dominated the competition, but even Tebow is not on the level of pure athleticism that Terrelle Pryor enjoys.

Behind an experienced offensive line in '08, Pryor was 100 of 165 passing for 1,311 yards with twelve TD's and four INT's. He also rushed for 631 yards on 139 carries with six TD's.

Now a year older, smarter, and competition tested, Pryor just might have quite a treat in store for the Buckeye-faithful. Sure you lost WR's Robiskie and Hartline, but Ohio State almost always reloads with top-notch, skill position talent.

Pryor is a once-per-decade talent. Combine the quickness and speed of Vince Young, with the elusiveness of Reggie Bush, and the arm of Tom Brady and the result will be something close to Terrelle Pryor.

Maybe you call this player-worship. Maybe you'll say I am crazy. Hey, maybe I am, but I know an elite player when I see one. I am not even remotely a Buckeye fan. I just love good college football, and this guy is the very epitome of what is good about the game.

I expect big things from the Buckeyes in '09. Terrelle Pryor winning the Heisman may just be one of those big things. DREAM ON

sahen
06-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Griffin is a great athlete and good kid, but Baylor will have to win the Big 12 South for him to get the Heisman.:thinking:

At this point, I think the Heisman is Tim Tebow's to lose.:D

not saying that Griffin will win the heisman...just disputing the Pryor is a once a decade or so type athlete...like i said he isnt even the best at what he does (supposedly combine vince young, reggie bush, and tom brady)....honestly, last year Pryor looked like he'd be an awesome wideout to me, he has some growign to do to be the QB they want him to be, but he was just a freshman so it may happen...

PPHSfan
06-30-2009, 10:21 AM
I would be more impressed if you would have said he had the Speed of Noel Devine, the Elusiveness of Joe McKnight, and the arm of Colt McCoy.

He's a great athlete, but not anywhere near the best player in the NCAA. Maybe in a couple more years.

Maroon87
06-30-2009, 10:25 AM

I expect big things from the Buckeyes in '09. Terrelle Pryor winning the Heisman may just be one of those big things.

Is this an Ohio St. press release? Don't they know you're supposed to take out billboard space in NYC for this kinda thing?:doh:

DDBooger
06-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Griffin is better but Pryor will likely outperform him because of what he'll have around him in the next couple years, barring some complete meltdown on Pryor's part. I really would have liked to have seen Pryor in Rich Rodriguez offense.

TexasHSFB
06-30-2009, 10:06 PM
The title of this thread makes me LMAO!

Pryor isn't nor will he be as good as any of those 3 in any area.

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Do you have a link? 'Coz I know you didn't write it!

Emerson1
06-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Terrelle Pryor = Jerrod Johnson

that's more like it, and it's not comparing their greatness