PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs. WO-S in Week 0

whatusay2
01-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Talk around town is that Jasper might be playing West Orange in Week 0 in the Astrodome. If there is any truth to this, the coaches must be pretty sure that we won't be in the same district.

Hupernikomen
01-11-2004, 10:59 PM
whatusay2:
Talk around town is that Jasper might be playing West Orange in Week 0 in the Astrodome. If there is any truth to this, the coaches must be pretty sure that we won't be in the same district.They have no clue if they will be in district with WOS or not. But I hope the rumor is true that they are going to play. However, I can't imagine why they would want to play them Dome.

spiveyrat
01-12-2004, 07:05 AM
In the dome? Never heard of that in the preseason. That's probably doubtful, at best.

Junkyard
01-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Hey I like it play in the dome and showcase southeast Texas Football. and get a couple of Houston teams in there too and split the gate and make some money. Also think about it guys it will be late August it would be nice to watch a game in the air conditioning.

Cat22
01-12-2004, 10:03 AM
This was posted on a WOS message board also. Apprently there will be a triple header in the dome in week 0, with Nederland playing Texas City and PNG playing someone there also. It seems the coaches from these schools got together to propose this triple header in the dome. I think it's great. I'll be there.

Junkyard
01-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Cat22:
This was posted on a WOS message board also. Apprently there will be a triple header in the dome in week 0, with Nederland playing Texas City and PNG playing someone there also. It seems the coaches from these schools got together to propose this triple header in the dome. I think it's great. I'll be there.Hey this is a great idea!!! I love it!! Great way to kick off the season!!!

BigTex
01-12-2004, 12:16 PM
I guess we will find out on Feb.3rd !!! Count me in !!!

Hupernikomen
01-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Junkyard:

Cat22:
This was posted on a WOS message board also. Apprently there will be a triple header in the dome in week 0, with Nederland playing Texas City and PNG playing someone there also. It seems the coaches from these schools got together to propose this triple header in the dome. I think it's great. I'll be there.Hey this is a great idea!!! I love it!! Great way to kick off the season!!!Sounds good. Wonder what the Dome charges to play there? I over heard Jasper's AD at Hunstville say it was 4K per team to play there.

Junkyard
01-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Dont know what it cost but I do know that all teams split the gate equally after all cost have been met.

JasperDog94
01-12-2004, 02:20 PM
The dome is a piece of junk. You can't see anything there. I wish they could pick a different stadium...like Reliant Park.

Junkyard
01-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Well the dome is junk but it is air conditioned and they are not letting highschools play in reliant stadium yet and when they do I imagine it will very expensive.

JasperDog94
01-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Who cares about AC? IT'S FOOTBALL!!! Football was meant to be played outdoors. I would much rather watch a game in 100 degree weather outside and be able to SEE the game, than to go to the dome and look at the back of the head of the guy in front of me. :confused:

Cat22
01-12-2004, 03:40 PM
If they open the Mezzanine level seat there and get a seat on the rail. You can see the field alot better from there than the field level seats. Although the last few games I've been to in the Dome the Mezzanine level was closed, but usually if there is more than one game the Mezzanine level is open. The dome may be old, but it's about the kids wanting to play there also. When you were in high school didn't you always want to play in the dome. What a thrill it will be for these kids.

JasperDog94
01-12-2004, 03:57 PM
The last time I was at the dome for a playoff game, there were three games in a row, but they never open the mezzanine section. Fans were trying to get out as well as fans trying to get in at the same time. It was terrible.

Junkyard
01-13-2004, 08:51 AM
JasperDog94:
The last time I was at the dome for a playoff game, there were three games in a row, but they never open the mezzanine section. Fans were trying to get out as well as fans trying to get in at the same time. It was terrible.Well no one is going to make you go. You can just read about it in the paper only problem is that the Houston Chronicle wont cover Jasper so your only hope will be if they cover WOS.

JasperDog94
01-13-2004, 10:45 AM
We'll just have to wait and see. I'm still not convinced that WOS and Jasper won't be in the same district.

Junkyard
01-13-2004, 01:56 PM
JasperDog94:
We'll just have to wait and see. I'm still not convinced that WOS and Jasper won't be in the same district.Well I am thinking the same thing unless the top number goes way up because from what I understand Lumberton turned in 920 which, if true, could put them in 3a also and that would make alot of 3a schools in that area and Jasper might not be in the district with WOS.

Wildcat81
01-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Junkyard:

JasperDog94:
We'll just have to wait and see. I'm still not convinced that WOS and Jasper won't be in the same district.Well I am thinking the same thing unless the top number goes way up because from what I understand Lumberton turned in 920 which, if true, could put them in 3a also and that would make alot of 3a schools in that area and Jasper might not be in the district with WOS.Te last time I checked K-ville had 482 thats along way from 920.

fred grunden
01-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Well no one is going to make you go. You can just read about it in the paper only problem is that the Houston Chronicle wont cover Jasper so your only hope will be if they cover WOS.
The only way to guarantee newspaper coverage is for Jasper to lose. Then the Beaumont Enterprise will give it big press. Remember the opening game of the 2002 season when we beat PNG? You would have thought the game was never played. Not one word about it in the Bmt.Ent. This year our playoff games were buried in small print under big headlines about West Sabine, Hemphill, and San Augustine games, all of which are further from Beaumont than Jasper. We finally got some press before the Burnet game, and it was mostly about Burnet, which is fine. At least the word got out that we were still playing.

j_dog
01-14-2004, 12:55 AM
I would rather see Jasper and WOS in the same district than not. But, I just don't see it if Jasper stays in 3a. When Jasper used to be in the district with WOS there were no other 4a schools within miles of Jasper. Silsbee was the closest at about 50 miles. That has not been the case in 3a so it does not seem reasonable that the UIL would single out WOS to put into the same district with Jasper and probably bypass teams that are geographically closer. Now if both teams go UP to 4a again, it MIGHT happen. That is just my guess. To me the only thing you can bet on is that Jasper and Silsbee will be playing each other this fall in fb. They always do, regardless of classifications.

Wildcat81
01-14-2004, 03:36 AM
Jasper and WOS that would be a good game.

JasperDog94
01-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Wildcat81:
Jasper and WOS that would be a good game.Wildcat, what are you doing up at 2:30 a.m.? eek! eek!

WOS92
02-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Just FYI, the 'Dome is chock-full of games during the first three or four weeks. We play Bay City there just about every year. In 2000, I think we had two pre-district games and three post-season games there. Haven't lost in the Dome since we played Yates in 85, and we've probably played 15 times there... LOVE the dome :)

JasperDog94
02-06-2004, 04:08 PM
WOS92, did they ever let you guys sit in the orange section? The few times I've been there we had to sit in the bottom section and you couldn't see anything.

Gasilla
02-06-2004, 04:33 PM
It's probably been since the 1980's that I've seen the upper section open at the Dome. 92, I really don't mean to keep correcting you brother, but the last time we lost in the Dome was against LaMarque and their legendary LB Roylin Bradley in 1995. We SHOULD have won that game and had our chances but, should have, would have, is a losers security blanket.

The Mustangs do LOVE to play in the Dome. We've lost there only 3 times in the history of our school. We have a lot of history there, it's where we won our first state title and our kids feel almost bullet proof. They grow up hearing about Mustangs playing in the Dome so naturally they want to play there themselves. We've beat some real good teams in that place. We beat Lamarque for the first time there. We beat Bay City twice when they went on to the state title game and were their only losses for the season. All that is to say that we love to play there.