PDA

View Full Version : Is Yao's career over?

turbostud
06-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Houston we have a problem.
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-yaorockets062909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

waterboy
06-29-2009, 01:24 PM
:eek: Wow! That's NOT good news for Rockets' fans! They can win without him, but I don't see them being a serious contender for a title.

turbostud
06-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Time to restructure.

Phil C
06-29-2009, 01:41 PM
:(

carter08
06-29-2009, 02:45 PM
make the amare/barbosa deal. otherwise, the front court is empty.

HEMOTOXIC
06-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:eek: Wow! That's NOT good news for Rockets' fans! They can win without him, but I don't see them being a serious contender for a title.

Hate to admit it, but you are right. We (Rockets Fans), can't win for losing.

Bull's-eye
06-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Hate to admit it, but you are right. We (Rockets Fans), can't win for losing.

You can say that again! The Rockets have just been very unfortunate over the last few seasons. Even without Yao & T-Mac they took the Lakers to 7 games. They have built up a cast of really good team players, but having their 2 highest paid players injured will be hard to overcome. Hopefully, they can trade T-Mac to a team that needs an expiring contract. I would love to get Stoudemire and be more of an up tempo team. Look for Scola to be more of a primary option on the offensive end.

Emerson1
06-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Stoudemire wants 20 mil a year. If they sign him HOU can pay 3 guys 20 mil a year to get about 60 games total out of them.

Bull's-eye
06-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Stoudemire wants 20 mil a year. If they sign him HOU can pay 3 guys 20 mil a year to get about 60 games total out of them.

To trade for Stoudemire, the Suns would have to take T-Mac's expiring contract. Why we the Suns do this? This would free up about 22 million dollars in 2010, plus T-Mac's contract for this season is insured. If he doesn't play, they save money this season.

Sweetwater Red
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM
If Kwame Brown opts out of his contract with Detroit he would
be available.

turbostud
06-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
be available.

LOL

Sweetwater Red
06-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks for catching the sarcasm that apparently no one ese did turbo.:D

Btw I watched that clip you posted about Ryan vs. Ventura. That was the first time I saw that one. Olberman was always been an idiot imo.

JasperDog94
06-29-2009, 08:58 PM
This sucks...:(

turbostud
06-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for catching the sarcasm that apparently no one ese did turbo.:D

Btw I watched that clip you posted about Ryan vs. Ventura. That was the first time I saw that one. Olberman was always been an idiot imo.

I cant stand him. When Dan Patrick had his radio show on ESPN radio he would come on there and always throw in his stupid comments about Bush/Republicans. That was the end of Dan Patrick. I lost all respect for him. It was a sports radio show and he lets that moron ruin it.

Bull's-eye
06-30-2009, 11:57 AM
There is a rumor out of Houston that states Yao might of removed his protective boot. This might have something to do with the injury not healing.

Also, Rockets looking at signing center Marcin Gortat from the Magic. Chris Bosh is on their wish list, possibly getting him in a trade. Toronto will definitely lose him in the 2010 free agency, so getting some value may be entertaining for the Raptors.

STAggie
06-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
There is a rumor out of Houston that states Yao might of removed his protective boot. This might have something to do with the injury not healing.

Also, Rockets looking at signing center Marcin Gortat from the Magic. Chris Bosh is on their wish list, possibly getting him in a trade. Toronto will definitely lose him in the 2010 free agency, so getting some value may be entertaining for the Raptors.

If the Rockets could get both of those and unload McGrady and possibly sign and trade artest for a better scorer I look for the Rockets to be contenders again. Gortat has huge upside and will fit nicely with the scrappy play of the team and Bosh is good for 20 and 10 a night to replace Yao (he may even be a more consistent post player though not as dominate on the defensive end). If the Rockets can get a deal to sign and send Artest packing for a guy who can average 15-20 points a night we are solid. If not I would not sign him to a long term contract because that is when he likes to go AWOL. With Artest defense will be the name of the game, if you move him run and gun is how we will win.

Highschoolfan78
06-30-2009, 05:12 PM
The Only way to replace a 7'5 Yao Ming is to call up retired 7'6 Shawn Bradley.

Bull's-eye
06-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
The Only way to replace a 7'5 Yao Ming is to call up retired 7'6 Shawn Bradley.

Very stupid comparison, Bradley was never in Yao's class or even close.

buffalo2006
06-30-2009, 08:16 PM
http://www.geocities.com/tzovas/gallery/mcgrady.jpg

That is what happened when Shawn Bradley played past his time

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
http://www.geocities.com/tzovas/gallery/mcgrady.jpg

That is what happened when Shawn Bradley played past his time

He had a time? He was pretty bad his whole career.

carter08
06-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
He had a time? He was really bad his whole career.

fixed.

TexasHSFB
06-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Really sucks for Yao and us Rockets fans. :( :( :(

venomous tat2
06-30-2009, 11:37 PM
be available.

He can't play dead in a western :doh:

Highschoolfan78
07-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Very stupid comparison, Bradley was never in Yao's class or even close.

Total sarcasm... Would think someone on here would catch that?

TexasHSFB
07-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Total sarcasm... Would think someone on here would catch that? I did, but I didn't feel like pointing out how stupid it was. :) ..... or the person who replied.

Bull's-eye
07-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
I did, but I didn't feel like pointing out how stupid it was. :) ..... or the person who replied.

There have actually been some posters that thought Bradley & Yao were equal just because of their height, we have been fighting this battle for several years. If you ever watched him play, you would know that he demands a double team by the opposition. In the playoffs, Portland played a box defense so he wouldn't beat them.

TexasHSFB
07-01-2009, 03:37 PM
There have actually been some posters that thought Bradley & Yao were equal just because of their height, we have been fighting this battle for several years. If you ever watched him play, you would know that he demands a double team by the opposition. In the playoffs, Portland played a box defense so he wouldn't beat them. I realize Yao was an excellent player and went 20/10 his whole career.

I also realized Shawn Bradley was just huge. Had no offensive game and wasnt nearly as coordinated as Yao.

There is no comparison.

Anybody who thinks there is just because of height is a moron.

Bull's-eye
07-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
He can't play dead in a western :doh:

:spitlol: :spitlol: :clap: