PDA

View Full Version : UIW Senior Day

Dogman_1969
06-27-2009, 07:13 PM
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/882/sany0124.jpg

Hey just wanted to share a photo of some 3A guys working hard at the UIW senior day in San Antonio. They did 3A well today.....

They are from left to right - Derrick Mynar WR\OLB-Rockdale, Josh Schneider QB-La Grange and Josh Bal OL-Llano.

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Cool beans! Did you tell my bud "hi" for me?

:hijacktd: Quite by chance, I sat behind his father at the THSBCA All-Star game last weekend.

Dogman_1969
06-27-2009, 10:07 PM
yes I did.....Had a blast. Saw some good athletes there.....

ssgmp5150
06-28-2009, 05:27 PM
It was hotter than heck down there! 135 degrees on the turf! Some excellent athletes were there....Too bad they only seriously considered about 2 or 3 of em! They are going to lick their wounds for the first couple of seasons being a new program, but watch out for these guys in about 3-4 years! They are going to have one heck of a DII football team in the Lone Star Conference!

TRENCHES06
06-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Nice campus from what I hear...

ssgmp5150
06-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Very nice campus! Everything is darn near brand new down there! They are building like crazy! The class sizes are very small with student to teacher ratio, but good luck paying to go to school there! They are more expensive than SMU or TCU!!! Ouch!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Very nice campus! Everything is darn near brand new down there! They are building like crazy! The class sizes are very small with student to teacher ratio, but good luck paying to go to school there! They are more expensive than SMU or TCU!!! Ouch!!!!!!
No, they're not more expensive than SMU or TCU. :hand:

And yes, it's a gorgeous campus! :thumbsup:

ssgmp5150
07-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I was being a bit sarcastic, but they are not far behind them, I can assure you that! Beautiful campus though, and give them a few years and they are going to have one heck of a football team in the LSC!

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2009, 12:14 PM
I was being a bit sarcastic, but they are not far behind them, I can assure you that!
In the end, the cost that matters is "out of pocket". :p

ssgmp5150
07-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Our EIC on the FAFSA was way too high! With scholarhsips included, we were going to have to pay about 17,000 a year out of pocket, whereas Texas State we were were only going to be out of pocket about 7,000 a year! Big difference between state and private schools! We are still looking at several other colleges though! However, UIW is a very nice school and any kid that can go there will no doubt get a quality education!

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Our EIC on the FAFSA was way too high! With scholarhsips included, we were going to have to pay about 17,000 a year out of pocket, whereas Texas State we were were only going to be out of pocket about 7,000 a year! Big difference between state and private schools! We are still looking at several other colleges though! However, UIW is a very nice school and any kid that can go there will no doubt get a quality education!
I see your point, although our out of pocket is nowhere close to that.

ssgmp5150
07-05-2009, 03:22 PM
That is very true! They are right off Broadway only a few miles from the downtown area and the River Walk! It will not be a problem to get quality athletes from the Austin/San Antonio area to come to school there! A large majority of the kids that the coaches took interest in during the week at camp and senior day were from the Austin area! They are gonna be tough to beat after a few seasons! They will take their lumps for a couple of years, but once their program is built up they will be good to go!

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
With all of the LSC schools located in small towns, Ive always thought that if a big city(Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antone) ever started up a football program, they'd probably take over. Gotta be a helluva lot easier to get a kid to come to San Antone than to get him to come Canyon.

ssgmp5150
07-05-2009, 04:11 PM
That is certainly true! I think they said their current enrollment was about 7,000 students. They have an excellent Engineering Management program and their nursing program is not too bad either!

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
It won't be hard to get kids from anywhere in Texas to come. Take an 18 yr old boy on a trip through San Angelo and then take him to San Antone. See which one he likes best.

NastySlot
07-07-2009, 06:08 PM
That is very true! They are right off Broadway only a few miles from the downtown area and the River Walk! It will not be a problem to get quality athletes from the Austin/San Antonio area to come to school there! A large majority of the kids that the coaches took interest in during the week at camp and senior day were from the Austin area! They are gonna be tough to beat after a few seasons! They will take their lumps for a couple of years, but once their program is built up they will be good to go!

little s.a. fact........the san antonio river starts on the uiw campus ..from a little spring that brings up water from the aquifer.

SintonFan
07-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No, they're not more expensive than SMU or TCU. :hand:
And yes, it's a gorgeous campus! :thumbsup:
Let me know when a it's a good game to go to so we can do our mini MnG.:)

LH Panther Mom
07-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Let me know when a it's a good game to go to so we can do our mini MnG.:)
Aug. 29 MONTERREY TECH Benson Stadium 7 p.m.
Sept. 19 MIDWESTERN STATE Benson Stadium 7 p.m.
Oct. 10 EAST CENTRAL OKLAHOMA Benson Stadium 2 p.m.
Oct. 17 TEXAS LUTHERAN Benson Stadium 2 p.m.
Oct. 24 at SW Assemblies of God Waxahachie 2 p.m.
Oct. 31 SOUTHERN ARKANSAS (Homecoming) Benson Stadium 2 p.m.

Take your pick. :D (Yeah, I know you won't make Waxahachie, but we will. :p ) I wouldn't suggest Homecoming, just because. Maybe the 10th or 17th?

SintonFan
07-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Aug. 29 MONTERREY TECH Benson Stadium 7 p.m.
Sept. 19 MIDWESTERN STATE Benson Stadium 7 p.m.
Oct. 10 EAST CENTRAL OKLAHOMA Benson Stadium 2 p.m.
Oct. 17 TEXAS LUTHERAN Benson Stadium 2 p.m.
Oct. 24 at SW Assemblies of God Waxahachie 2 p.m.
Oct. 31 SOUTHERN ARKANSAS (Homecoming) Benson Stadium 2 p.m.

Take your pick. :D (Yeah, I know you won't make Waxahachie, but we will. :p ) I wouldn't suggest Homecoming, just because. Maybe the 10th or 17th?
That sounds like a good idea. Let me know what your son thinks and PM me the week before. Heck, there might be a few downlowers who want to meet your son as well so a thread can work too. Let me know, I am flexible for that home schedule.:clap: :)